the crane the crane | Page 347 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I’m hearing that they have confirmed on some sort of volunteer call that the troughs will likely be gone by the time fans are back next fall. I personally am thrilled although will miss the game of “what the hell is that floating by and how did it ... get there?!”

Has anyone else heard this as definitive?
FAL , Are you aware of this?!!!

To be fair, they didn’t come to the Carrier Dome because it was a huge PIA to bring in equipment due to the forced air. They weren’t able to just drive trucks into the dome and drop off equipment. With the new roof they now can do such a thing.

I mean lake view pulls in some big concerts, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the dome host a couple for those people that get the itch to go to a concert in the winter.

The sets for some of those massive shows don't fit. Heard that first with Achtung Baby in 1992 and they've just gotten bigger. Plus the Dome might not meet some other criteria for boxes and such.

There is a house in my area that has done a pretty good job of setting their lights to music. They have it on a 6 song loop. Of course my 3 year old's favorite is baby shark. One that is pretty cool and I think would make for a good entrance light show at the Dome is "The Greatest Show" from the movie "The Greatest Showman." The way it opens and builds would be perfect with a little good editing.

Last edited:
There is a house in my areas that has done a pretty good job of setting their lights to music. They have it on a 6 song loop. Of course my 3 year old's favorite is baby shark. One that is pretty cool and I think would make for a good entrance light show at the Dome is "The Greatest Show" from the movie "The Greatest Showman." The way it opens and builds would be perfect with a little good editing.
I would respectfully disagree. But if you got your way, check out Panic at the Discos version of that song. Even better. My daughter loves that movie. There is an album out where artists do the songs from that movie.

I would respectfully disagree. But if you got your way, check out Panic at the Discos version of that song. Even better. My daughter loves that movie. There is an album out where artists do the songs from that movie.
I'm pretty sure I'd hate panic at the disco's version. I've never been a fan of anything they've done.

I'm pretty sure I'd hate panic at the disco's version. I've never been a fan of anything they've done.

You’d be wrong.

Assuming you like the original, there’s no way you won’t like their cover.

Panic! has basically been doing Broadway show tunes for years.
This is right in their (his) wheelhouse.

You’d be wrong.

Assuming you like the original, there’s no way you won’t like their cover.

Panic! has basically been doing Broadway show tunes for years.
This is right in their (his) wheelhouse.
Just listened to it. I don't hate it, but I don't like it as much. I've just never liked their sound. I also prefer Hugh Jackman speaking in a low voice at the beginning and the contrast of the different voices. It just has a different feel.

JB does these commercials for a firm that promises to "divide your home into zones" and heat or cool each zone to preferences. If they could do that with the Dome, we could make it 90 degrees on the other team's sideline and 60 degrees on ours... ;)

There's probably no rule against that but there shortly would be. :mad:

JB does these commercials for a firm that promises to "divide your home into zones" and heat or cool each zone to preferences. If they could do that with the Dome, we could make it 90 degrees on the other team's sideline and 60 degrees on ours... ;)

Or we could get some of those nerds at the Lambda Lambda Lambda house to pour liquid heat on the visiting players’ jockstraps.

I suppose you could scale up a 2-3 zone into a 60-90 zone.

We used to have fans blowing near the goal posts to help push opposing field goal attempts wide. Either that or we’d open some doors to achieve the same result. At least according to one opponent coach... ;)