The details of Rene / Spruill | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The details of Rene / Spruill

In the spirit of innocent until proven guilty I just want to know how Rene "fell" next to the car and what, if anything provoked Spruill to make such a bad judgment call by pulling the officer off Rene.

Sounds more like bath salts were involved... what is up with that idiotic behavior in the middle of the street? People who are out of their minds on **** do that. What.
Great, so our basketball team gets high while our football team gets ripped on bath salts.

No bowl for them and more to follow. Look what happened to Hunt and this is far worse. Morons.

I just want to know how Rene "fell" next to the car

Exactly my thoughts, since Rene was drunk I have no idea how he possibly could fall. Makes no sense at all.

Exactly my thoughts, since Rene was drunk I have no idea how he possibly could fall. Makes no sense at all.
Ok, and obviously that could be what happened. Sorry if I dont have the same blind faith in law enforcement that you do.

Let's see:

1. Incident after midnight. Check.
2. Jackass mouthing off in the street. Check.
3. Running from the police. Check.
4. Hands on police office. Check.
5. Kicking door open. Check.

I think they deserved to be tased.

You think being hammered might have had something to do with it?

Let's see:

1. Incident after midnight. Check.
2. Jackass mouthing off in the street. Check.
3. Running from the police. Check.
4. Hands on police office. Check.
5. Kicking door open. Check.

I think they deserved to be tased.
I think the K-9 unit is more effective than a taser. Imagine if they didn't have that dog muzzled. Woof!!!
policedog.jpg
COL_News_Dog_2301.jpg

If the cops didn't want Rene to run they should have kicked him a football.

That was gold. Even more impressed now that I see you are from NJ...

Not trying to downplay too much, but Spruill wasn't even charged with a crime. His two charges aren't legally considered crimes in NY, they are the legal equivalent of a traffic ticket... I doubt he got ridiculously unruly or physical with the cops and sounds like he kicked a door that wasn't shut and did no damage to the vehicle. Would have been different charges if that wasn't the case.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Not trying to downplay too much, but Spruill wasn't even charged with a crime. His two charges aren't legally considered crimes in NY, they are the legal equivalent of a traffic ticket... I doubt he got ridiculously unruly or physical with the cops and sounds like he kicked a door that wasn't shut and did no damage to the vehicle. Would have been different charges if that wasn't the case.

Yea, they went easy on him with the charges. Some people grab a cop and get shot or snacked with a billy club.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ok, and obviously that could be what happened. Sorry if I dont have the same blind faith in law enforcement that you do.

I don't, your making an assumption. I'm also very familiar with L.I. cops and aware of what they get away with on a pretty regular basis. I also know that that is not the case everywhere in America or in every situation.

Yea, they went easy on him with the charges. Some people grab a cop and get shot or snacked with a billy club.

How does anyone know they took it easy on him with the charges? They charged his teammate with a crime. Spruill wasn't charged with a crime, I can't see him getting kicked off the team when what he did based on the charges doesn't even rise to criminal activity. The state of NY doesn't allow violations to be reported on someone's record for that reason, they aren't crimes in the eyes of the state. Clearly not in the eyes of DM, but legally for Spruill these are very minor charges.

How does anyone know they took it easy on him with the charges? They charged his teammate with a crime. Spruill wasn't charged with a crime, I can't see him getting kicked off the team when what he did based on the charges doesn't even rise to criminal activity. The state of NY doesn't allow violations to be reported on someone's record for that reason, they aren't crimes in the eyes of the state. Clearly not in the eyes of DM, but legally for Spruill these are very minor charges.

According to the reports, he grabbed a cop. That would be enough for me. Then he's kicking the inside of the van which says he still didn't "get it".

I think we should stop trying to say what should be done when we do not know what happened. Let the comsequences play out and than discuss, but we do not know more than what the article tells us, and they do not kno weverything that happened. I have faith the the staff will do what they this is righgt they seem to always be comsistant

According to the reports, he grabbed a cop. That would be enough for me. Then he's kicking the inside of the van which says he still didn't "get it".

And yet the cop he grabbed and saw him kick the door decided not to charge him with a crime, decided legally what he did was a very minor infraction, no different than a speeding ticket. I'm not arguing what he did wasn't dumb and that its a privilege to play on the team that should be respected such that things like this don't happen, but by all appearances, the cops that were actually there didn't believe his actions were that big of a deal otherwise he'd be facing criminal charges. Maybe he just got lucky but doesn't make a lot of sense that they wanted to get rene and go easy on spruill unless his actions simply meet the threshold to be charged with a crime.

We've all done dumb things in college.

We've not all done things that required the involvement of a police dog.

Morons.

The path forward here is obvious. Injured guy goes to court. Starting linebacker required to apologize unless he doesn't want to.

Last year, my daughter (who was seven) told the head of her school that in college her dad "ran from the police like 100 times."

or they just want to make sure Rene does not return any more punts this year

And yet the cop he grabbed and saw him kick the door decided not to charge him with a crime, decided legally what he did was a very minor infraction, no different than a speeding ticket.

That was my point. He got it easy. Hang on certain street corners in Syracuse and wait for someone to even touch a cop.

We'll see if Marrone is consistent. Lesser offenses, not even illegal, has gotten kids booted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom