The Detroit Tigers | Syracusefan.com

The Detroit Tigers

SU2NASA

All American
Best team in baseball on paper, now time to get it done and bring home the World Series again.

I think the Rays, Angels, Rangers, Red Sox, and Yankees have better starting rotations; although the Tigers probably have the best pitcher.

I think the Rays, Angels, Rangers, Red Sox, and Yankees have better starting rotations; although the Tigers probably have the best pitcher.

You're out of your mind.

Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Porcello.

I'm sure the Yankees remember them well.

You're out of your mind.

Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Porcello.

I'm sure the Yankees remember them well.
They are excellent pitchers and they did beat the Yankees, but I don't think they are the best rotation in baseball. That makes me out of my mind?

I'd check that Red Sox rotation again.:)

Verlander is the best pitcher in baseball. Fister is excellent. Scherzer's ERA was well over four last year. Porcello's ERA was close to five. Isn't your fifth starter a rookie?

They have a good rotation; just not the best in baseball.

Let's compare them to the Angels.

Weaver is great. Haren is also great. Santana's ERA was under four the last two seasons. Oops, I almost forgot about CJ Wilson. I don't know the Angels' fifth starter, but I also don't know the Tigers' fifth starter. You really think Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, Porcello is better Weaver, Haren, Wilson, Santana? Which one of us is out or our minds?

Verlander is the best pitcher in baseball. Fister is excellent. Scherzer's ERA was well over four last year. Porcello's ERA was close to five. Isn't your fifth starter a rookie?

They have a good rotation; just not the best in baseball.

Let's compare them to the Angels.

Weaver is great. Haren is also great. Santana's ERA was under four the last two seasons. Oops, I almost forgot about CJ Wilson. I don't know the Angels' fifth starter, but I also don't know the Tigers' fifth starter. You really think Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, Porcello is better Weaver, Haren, Wilson, Santana? Which one of us is out or our minds?

You.

I'd check that Red Sox rotation again.:)
One can definitely make a case for the Tigers rotation being better than the Sox. It definitely was last year. I think a healthy Buchholz makes them formidable. As much as I would love to think otherwise, Beckett and Lester are good pitchers even when they are drinking in the clubhouse.

One can definitely make a case for the Tigers rotation being better than the Sox. It definitely was last year. I think a healthy Buchholz makes them formidable. As much as I would love to think otherwise, Beckett and Lester are good pitchers even when they are drinking in the clubhouse.
Those three are a solid core if they can stay healthy, but I have my doubts that will happen based on their histories. And the back end of their rotation is pretty iffy at this point. Should make for an interesting year for Mr. Valentine. As a Yankee fan I'm far more concerned with the Rays.

Those three are a solid core if they can stay healthy, but I have my doubts that will happen based on their histories. And the back end of their rotation is pretty iffy at this point. Should make for an interesting year for Mr. Valentine. As a Yankee fan I'm far more concerned with the Rays.
I'm concerned about the Rays as well. With the added wild card, all three teams could make playoffs this year.

In other words, you have nothing.

I'll let my team do the talking now since you sir are out of your mind. I'd rather have the Tigers staff any day than anyone else in the American League.

In other words, you have nothing.
At least he hasn't said "pound town" yet. Don't bother trying to talk about his teams with him, he still thinks the Lions were best team in the NFL last year.

At least he hasn't said "pound town" yet. Don't bother trying to talk about his teams with him, he still thinks the Lions were best team in the NFL last year.

The Lions still got screwed against the Saints.

I'll let my team do the talking now since you sir are out of your mind. I'd rather have the Tigers staff any day than anyone else in the American League.
Ha; tell someone they are out of their mind and then provide no logical evidence to support the claim. You would fit well into the current world of politics.

I'm just waiting until CaliCuse sees your posts.

Ha; tell someone they are out of their mind and then provide no logical evidence to support the claim. You would fit well into the current world of politics.

The good thing is, we get to see exactly how out of your mind you are. We have a difference of opinion, so we'll revisit this in October.

The good thing is, we get to see exactly how out of your mind you are. We have a difference of opinion, so we'll revisit this in October.
Anything could happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tigers win the World Series. The difference between our opinions is that mine is evidence-based. Yours is just fan bias. You say I am out of my mind, but you have no evidence to support the claim.

It reminds me of when a student says to me "Obama is an awful President." I ask them why and they have nothing to say because they really have no clue. Everyone has the right to an opinion, but they are not all equal.

Anything could happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tigers win the World Series. The difference between our opinions is that mine is evidence-based. Yours is just fan bias. You say I am out of my mind, but you have no evidence to support the claim.

It reminds me of when a student says to me "Obama is an awful President." I ask them why and they have nothing to say because they really have no clue. Everyone has the right to an opinion, but they are not all equal.

He is an awful President, but I don't feel like writing a novel. I waste enough time on this board.

I'm really excited for Doubront as a back of the rotation guy. If we get the years we should get from the top three and see what happens with Bard and Doubront, the offense will score enough runs to mask some problems. Also a big fan of the bullpen moves, but worried about Bailey's thumb right now. If he's out for a while, then Bard has to go back to the pen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom