The diff between Doug and JB | Syracusefan.com

The diff between Doug and JB

kcsu

Living Legend
Doug needs to study JB this off season and try and learn how to run a program from him.

A few points. Play your best players regardless of practice. Dont keep playing players who are not performing as it will destroy the respect you have from the rest of the team. Focus on your job which is to win football game and graduate players. You were hired to run a --ing football program not a miss manners school. Do you really think that the kids play better or are better kids because they shave and have short hair or know how to tie a windsor? Show some emotion. If you dont seem to give a and act detached how do you expect your team to act. Bring in the best players possible even if they are not boy scouts. Lose the gum it makes you look like an idiot.

Doug needs to study JB this off season and try and learn how to run a program from him.

A few points. Play your best players regardless of practice. Dont keep playing players who are not performing as it will destroy the respect you have from the rest of the team. Focus on your job which is to win football game and graduate players. You were hired to run a --ing football program not a miss manners school. Do you really think that the kids play better or are better kids because they shave and have short hair or know how to tie a windsor? Show some emotion. If you dont seem to give a **** and act detached how do you expect your team to act. Bring in the best players possible even if they are not boy scouts. Lose the gum it makes you look like an idiot.

Play the best players regardless of practice ... but don't play the players who don't perform.

But you keep insisting that Marrone should start the players who don't perform in practice. :crazy:

You're the first one who complains anytime a player gets in trouble that Marrone has lost control of the team... but you want to recruit uncontrollable thugs.

Sure thing.

Play your best players regardless of practice.
For a team comprised of mostly middling talent, how do you know who the best players are if you can't analyze based on practice?

A guy who doesn't give it his all in practice can't be counted on to give it his all in a game. I would not stake my career on trusting such people to "suddenly" decide to perform in the middle of a game.

My point is that some kids are gammers. Not every good practice player is a good game player. My other point is that if a kid isnt getting it done during the game yet you keep playing them and dont give others a chance you will destroy a team as it seems like favorites are being played. There is no reason that Lepak didnt have a chance to play during his time with Doug. He simply gave up because he felt he didnt have a chance to see the field. Why hasnt Doug given another QB a chance? That is my point.

A few points. Play your best players regardless of practice. Dont keep playing players who are not performing as it will destroy the respect you have from the rest of the team. Focus on your job which is to win football game and graduate players. You were hired to run a --ing football program not a miss manners school. Do you really think that the kids play better or are better kids because they shave and have short hair or know how to tie a windsor? Show some emotion. If you dont seem to give a **** and act detached how do you expect your team to act. Bring in the best players possible even if they are not boy scouts. Lose the gum it makes you look like an idiot.

Yeah, this isn't prep or boarding school. I have no problem with having rules, code of conduct, etc., but this is college with a totally socially different generation of kids from Doug's playing days. Loosen up a bit and the kids may actually have a deeper respect for him by letting them be themselves, individual spirit, etc. As long as it does not reflect poorly or have a negative bearing on the team or the institution.

I also agree he needs to show at least some emotion out there...it's football for crying out loud.

My point is that some kids are gammers. Not every good practice player is a good game player. My other point is that if a kid isnt getting it done during the game yet you keep playing them and dont give others a chance you will destroy a team as it seems like favorites are being played. There is no reason that Lepak didnt have a chance to play during his time with Doug. He simply gave up because he felt he didnt have a chance to see the field. Why hasnt Doug given another QB a chance? That is my point.

Who this year is a gamer that should be playing that isn't? (I said this year so Marcus Sales doesn't count)

And I don't think Lepak is even on the 4 deep, let alone competing for a starting spot...

Are you saying that Lepak was "Boeheimed"? A kid who had every opportunity to earn a starting job in training camp, and failed ... more than once. Maybe Marrone learned something from JB after all.

And he gained 40 pounds while he was at it.

-------------------

Somehow I thought "The diff between Doug (football) and JB" (BB) is:

1) JB has been here for many, many years: has developed top recruiting contacts and has a relatively small number of team members to recruit and work with.

2) The SU BB facility/program is outstanding with strong attendance and media coverage.

3) SU's location in the northeast is an advantage for recruiting.

4) SU recuits outstanding players.

Regardless of whether or not players are skipping classes or selling drugs, play the best players because clearly, at Syracuse University we hold no standards and winning is all we care about. You've got some brilliant insight pal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom