The fate of mankind lies in the hands of a 23 year man with long arms | Syracusefan.com

The fate of mankind lies in the hands of a 23 year man with long arms

strumpfasaurus

2nd String
First Calipari, Now if Lebron James wins a championship idk, please keep this young man in your prayers.
kevin_durant_top_50.jpg

I don't whether it would be better to get it all over in one year, or have it happen in different years - because Lebron will eventually get his first championship.

I don't whether it would be better to get it all over in one year, or have it happen in different years - because Lebron will eventually get his first championship.

Idk My therapist told me it would be better to just get it all over this year.

Durant and OKC have 98% of America rooting for them....Largest. Fanbase. Ever. (as if there insane fanbase needed any help)

Durant and OKC have 98% of America rooting for them....Largest. Fanbase. Ever. (as if there insane fanbase needed any help)
Except for the state of Washington. Poor SuperSonic fans.

OKC is by far the better team and it is not close, Nazi Mohammed would star for the Heat and he gets on burn for OKC. The west has won 10 out of the last 13 finals, this is a mere formality!

OKC is by far the better team and it is not close, Nazi Mohammed would star for the Heat and he gets on burn for OKC. The west has won 10 out of the last 13 finals, this is a mere formality!

hahah did you just write nazi mohammed?

...not when bosh plays like he did in game 7.

if the thunder go up 2-0, i say thunder in six (they'll win game 4 in miami).

but if the heat steal one of the first two games, this series is coming down to the 4th quarter of game 7.

I had to watch your .gif several times - Love those USC cheerleaders!

...not when bosh plays like he did in game 7.

if the thunder go up 2-0, i say thunder in six (they'll win game 4 in miami).

but if the heat steal one of the first two games, this series is coming down to the 4th quarter of game 7.
Yes if Bosh shoots 80% for the SERIES the Heat has a shot Serge Eblocker will not let that happen!

Yes if Bosh shoots 80% for the SERIES the Heat has a shot Serge Eblocker will not let that happen!

serge is a great defender, no doubt, but bosh can go inside and out. bosh will pull serge away from the basket because you must challenge bosh's jumper, you can't let him get open looks (similar strategy when playing vs tony davis, pull him out of the paint).

miami runs the pick-n-roll well and okc defends it well. will be interesting to see who steps up.

serge is a great defender, no doubt, but bosh can go inside and out. bosh will pull serge away from the basket because you must challenge bosh's jumper, you can't let him get open looks (similar strategy when playing vs tony davis, pull him out of the paint).

miami runs the pick-n-roll well and okc defends it well. will be interesting to see who steps up.
The series won't be close! OKC is by far the better team! Miami beat no one to get to the finals OKC beat the 3 best teams that didn't make the finals!

I saw that Miami was +39 int he 48 minutes Wade, Bosh, and Lebron played together in the last 2 games. It obviously won't be like that in the finals but I don't see OKC rolling in this series.

It not about the top 3 on either team, 4-8 is all OKC. OKC has scorer rebounders and defenders and everybody's role is very well defined. Who is going to rebound for the heat? LBJ can't do it all! If it goes 6 it is because OKC wants to finish it at home.

It not about the top 3 on either team, 4-8 is all OKC. OKC has scorer rebounders and defenders and everybody's role is very well defined. Who is going to rebound for the heat? LBJ can't do it all! If it goes 6 it is because OKC wants to finish it at home.

rebound for the heat? check lebron's rebounding numbers as of late. he can average 12-14 boards a game if he wants to, easily. also, when haslem gets mins he grabs double digit boards as well.

this won't be a sweep. either 6 or 7 games. but i do think harden will be the difference maker. and wade needs to get back to form for miami to have a chance.

I'm curious how the defensive matchups work out. I guess Chalmers on Westbrook and Wade on Harden? Who does Durant check?

rebound for the heat? check lebron's rebounding numbers as of late. he can average 12-14 boards a game if he wants to, easily. also, when haslem gets mins he grabs double digit boards as well.

this won't be a sweep. either 6 or 7 games. but i do think harden will be the difference maker. and wade needs to get back to form for miami to have a chance.

You missing the point if LBJ has to rebound, score, assist, and defend Durant the heat will lose and it won't be close! Russell is going to kill Chambers! Harden doesn't even start Collison is better than any big off on Miami's bench. Miami has no shot!

I think you let Bosh try and beat you. You don't let Wade and LBJ beat you. Guard/rebound at the basket.

I'm not sure how you can defend to not let Wade or LBJ beat you. One guy, sure, but both?

I'm not sure how you can defend to not let Wade or LBJ beat you. One guy, sure, but both?
My point was you worry less about following Bosh away from the basket and concentrate more on stopping the other two.

You guys are crazy. First off, the bad karma police are coming for OKC. They take a long standing good franchisefrom Seattle and dump them in OKC and now they're this great franchise? PLEASE. Secondly, if, and this is a huge if, Lebron plays the way he did against the Pacers and the Celtics, you guys are all crazy to think this isn't going to be a very intense, physical series that comes down to the wire. The Heat fan in me says Heat in 6, the realist in me says this game is probably going 7 with both teams having a realistic shot at winning this. Oh also to say the Heat didn't beat anybody is insane. The Celtics are a VERY dangerous team and prior to games 6&7 people were talking about how the Celtics matched up great with OKC and would probably win that series. So stop that noise. Another final note: If Bosh didn't get hurt, the Heat would have beaten both the Pacers and Celtics in 5, and everyone would be having a different view of that team. Getting a healthy Bosh back will cause some serious matchup issues for OKC. Ibaka 17 feet from the rim? Thanks, LBJ and Wade will go nuts. Ibaka close to the rim and someone else guarding Bosh? He can pick and pop all day long to roughly a 60% success rate.

Lesson of this story, the heat are HUNGRY. LBJ wants this championship in the worst way and he is, without a doubt, the best player on the court. Durant can score, but he weighs maybe 220lbs soaking wet. LBJ is a legit 260 and a monster.

Another interesting note that NOONE is mentioning: The age for the 4 "stars" of OKC is 23 and under. They're all babies, and this is their first finals. Their season is already a success even if they get swept. The Heat NEED this championship. They are the hungrier team with the best player in the world chomping at the bit to go out there and drop the type of numbers we haven't ever seen in a finals. So to bring this long ass post back to the beginning, Heat in 6! LBJ ALL THE WAY!

My point was you worry less about following Bosh away from the basket and concentrate more on stopping the other two.

That is the dumbest thing ever. I guarantee Scott Brooks isn't saying to his guys "hey lets not worry about Bosh". You do NOT let Bosh have free range because after he is shooting it lights out, you WILL have to adjust and defend him and then the lane opens up. Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't approach. That is why he truly is the most important key to Miami's success.

If Bosh didn't get hurt, the Heat would have beaten both the Pacers and Celtics in 5, and everyone would be having a different view of that team.

I do agree with this part.

Is Lebron winning a championship really that bad. I didn't like The Decision either, but that is hardly the worst thing a professional athlete has done. He's never been convicted of domestic assault, DWI or drug use(I'm not even sure if he's been accused of anything). Plenty of fans root for players who have. Yes, he often passes to a teammate instead of taking the big shot, but with the amount of attention he receives on the court, taking advantage of his passing ability may lead to a higher percentage shot for his team. I'm willing to bet that if he took the shot and missed, people would accuse him of being selfish. Although I like Durant too, I have no problem cheering for LeBron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom