THE Fiesta Bowl Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

THE Fiesta Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooo many h0t takes in this thread. Especially early on.

That's why you play the game, folks. That's why you play the game. The entire game.

Congrats, gbo!

I couldn't watch the first half, but was following the score. Was never thinking Clemson was in trouble because Ohio State kept settling for field goals. 16-0 is nothing worrisome if you're Clemson.

That was quite a satisfying Law & Order marathon I was watching. Anything happen in the game after I left?

In the college football system, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The coaches, who identify recruits, and the boosters, who bribe them. These are their stories.

Thats not how the rule is read. Based on the rule book that’s targeting, he came in the with crown of his helmet only. Pretty straight forward call. If you don’t like the call that’s completely different but it’s still the correct call according to the rule book

It's the same hit that Tyrell Richards received a targeting call for earlier in the year.

If it happened to us, then it should happen to them.

I follow a lot of college football people on twitter, I can't recall if any thought it wasn't targeting. But I can recall that a lot of them did.

Is the targeting call controversial? Seemed like an easy call and too six seconds to review.

Turned the game around Clemson was on their way to an embarrassing blowout so Ohio St fans were clearly salty about it. It was the correct call as was the fumble not being a fumble.

Fields was awful after that targetting and sunshine was excellent that is why they lost.

Clemson got a few breaks but like some posters have said, it only worked because Ohio State made several conservative calls and kicked too many FG's in the first-half.

You can say this about pretty much every close game ever though. Clemson elected for some curious punts in the 1st half themselves. When you end up getting the breaks that stuff gets rationalized and/or forgotten.

The only controversial call to me was the incompletion / fumble. Had that play happened in the end zone. Clemson fans would have wanted it to be called a TD/ Ohio State fans a fumble and the refs would have pissed them both off calling it incomplete.

The only controversial call to me was the incompletion / fumble. Had that play happened in the end zone. Clemson fans would have wanted it to be called a TD/ Ohio State fans a fumble and the refs would have pissed them both off calling it incomplete.

Yeah, that was really the only call that I think is questionable and it was a big call. Saying that though, I don’t know whether I agree with the call or not. So I’m not saying it was a bad call. I’d hate to be the ref making that decision. I can see the argument for both sides of that one.

I personally liked the call I thought it was incomplete watching it live. It didn’t to me look like he had possession or complete control as the osu hand is in there and it’s a pretty bang bang play ball comes out, looks incomplete. Of course, slow it down and it looks like a catch because he has possession for like 10 minutes. I thought it was the right call.

I saw a heck of a lot of tOSU holding that could have been called, particularly by the db's, but also the O-line, there was a reason Fields was getting so much time.

Both made possible by Clemson D-backs over-running the play and missing the cutback.

Also made possible by holes that an 18 wheeler could have driven through.

Soooooo many h0t takes in this thread. Especially early on.

That's why you play the game, folks. That's why you play the game. The entire game.

Congrats, gbo!
It was a great game, Very hard fought and physical. I think the toll taken in that game is going to hurt Clemson against LSU.

One thing is for sure. If Clemson beats OSU and then beats LSU on the road for the championship, they won it with the toughest road possible in the playoffs.

Looking forward to it already.

I thought Pegasus had a rough first half, but he was the difference maker when it mattered.

And the QB draw pop pass was a play they had set up all night long. Good players, good plays and good execution.

Clemson got a few breaks but like some posters have said, it only worked because Ohio State made several conservative calls and kicked too many FG's in the first-half.
Both teams got many breaks. Holding was prevalent both ways and rarely called for the number of opportunities to throw the flag.

Clemson's defense held tOSU in the red zone to three field goals in the first half. Clemson's Defense was better than many think or at least implied. TOSU was designed for the red zone and should have scored a TD on at least two of the three FGs. The fact that Clemson took advantage of their opportunities more often than tOSU is on the tOSU staff.

Yeah, that was really the only call that I think is questionable and it was a big call. Saying that though, I don’t know whether I agree with the call or not. So I’m not saying it was a bad call. I’d hate to be the ref making that decision. I can see the argument for both sides of that one.

Read the definition and view the NCAA tutorial video for fans/media. They explain why the play was an incompletion and it was the same as what the rules commentator explained during the review. Simply, the Clemson receiver did not have full control and did not make a "football move."

I posted a link to the article with the NCAA video, earlier in the thread.

Ohio State fans really are unbearable
Walked in with a group last night. Overly intoxicated they were making the ok sign and screaming “white power!“. It was Insane. The rest near us were fine. They were 80% of the stadium though.

Ohio State fans bitching about questionable officiating is the football equivalent of Duke fans doing the same.

Bad things really do happen to bad people. Seeing the depressed looks on those degenerates was just delightful last night. What a horrible bunch.

Amazing

Walked in with a group last night. Overly intoxicated they were making the ok sign and screaming “white power!“. It was Insane. The rest near us were fine. They were 80% of the stadium though.
The Ok sign was made up on 4chan, it just fit the narrative so the media ran with it, I mean seriously, they were doing this?

I despise that trash school and its obnoxious, illiterate, cooler-pooping fanbase as much as anyone, but I find this hard to believe.

If a group of people walked into a public setting of tens of thousands, much less into a bar, yelling “white power”, the media would be all over it and people would be apoplectic.

What you’ve posted is literally the only mention anywhere alleging this that I could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom