The First Possession... | Syracusefan.com

The First Possession...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Showed how lousy the Zone is and was a portent to what was to follow.

They had three open threes that they missed, followed by three offensive rebounds, then they get still another open three that finally got drained. Four open threes on one possession.

The Zone is a disgrace in the modern game. It then becomes accentuated when the fallback D is a pathetic press that ends up as a Zone, assuming the opponents havent already pushed and scored.

There is just nothing more to say about the Zone or our Pinball Wizard coach.

They had three open threes that they missed, followed by three offensive rebounds, then they get still another open three that finally got drained. Four open threes on one possession.

The Zone is a disgrace in the modern game. It then becomes accentuated when the fallback D is a pathetic press that ends up as a Zone, assuming the opponents havent already pushed and scored.

Any other coach….IF they had started in zone for some reason….would’ve seen how the game is about to go and called timeout right then and there and switched things up.

All three offensive rebounds came over Bell. He put up no resistance.
I was floored that he didn't get the hook right then.

This is more proof that JB is no longer coaching (see my response in "Why is Jim still coaching" thread) because if he was actually coaching he would have pulled him on the spot.

After the first possession, I know we will be beaten badly. By more than 20 points.

This took place right in front of me--sometimes the ball just goes the wrong way.

This took place right in front of me--sometimes the ball just goes the wrong way.
All three rebounds went right over Bell’s head. Zero excuse not coming down with at least two of them.

After the first possession, I know we will be beaten badly. By more than 20 points.
You do know the final tally was 18. I get your point, though, but we've routinely gone down by 10+ points and clawed back to lead or even win. Nothing was a foregone conclusion at that point.

I do have to add it was a very disappointing start to the game and I immediately concluded this was a bad omen for Syracuse in the game. Of course I was shouting at the top of my lungs to get the damn rebound. They all appeared to go almost directly to a Clemson player and I was not quick enough to see they were all over Bell. It was surprising they kept passing it out for another 3 point attempt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom