The head coach's thinking for 22-23 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The head coach's thinking for 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this sounds great but it’s the same thing said about every player every year just with different names.

I’m not going to trash this squad as I think we’re heading in a good direction and I think we’ll win 20, but until we see these guys in action and on the court it’s a crap shoot.

Instead of defenses focusing on Buddy they’ll be on Joe, we had two post guys last year in Jimmy and Jesse, now we have one. This season really depends on how well Mintz and Benny do. One or two of these freshman have to step up as well. I think we will be better but there are so many variables.

I like the 3 guard lineup idea if JB shocked the world and played some mtm. Without a backup 5 figured out and the bench made of frosh I doubt it happens though.

From the sounds of what JB has been saying the last few weeks, it looks like he is going to try man with this group.

The pieces to do so are there. Symir who stat wise at least wasn't as good in zone has all you want in a mtm defender as does Mintz and I think Joe would be fine too. Benny definitely has the athleticism and Jesse the range.

Issue is foul discipline and depth especially at the 5.

I agree.

It is odd that a HC near the end of his career would be so concerned about long term ramifications of what he is doing instead of the short term ramifications.

Maybe JB was only able to get this class to commit by promising them he would not bring in players from the portal they would have to compete with?

The only reason they looked for a center in the portal is because we lost one.
Maybe he is thinking about playing more golf and wants Red to have a solid team his first year.

The pieces to do so are there. Symir who stat wise at least wasn't as good in zone has all you want in a mtm defender as does Mintz and I think Joe would be fine too. Benny definitely has the athleticism and Jesse the range.

Issue is foul discipline and depth especially at the 5.
Sy yes. Benny yes. Joe doesn't strike me as a lock down defender.

Maybe he is thinking about playing more golf and wants Red to have a solid team his first year.

Since he's not the AD, it doesn't matter what he's thinking.

And when we don't offer red's son, that will tell you everything you need to know about the next hire

Since he's not the AD, it doesn't matter what he's thinking.

And when we don't offer red's son, that will tell you everything you need to know about the next hire
Jim wasn't going to offer Buddy. Maybe Reds a good student.

JB 100% shot down other recruits so that they could go after his son.

Lol. Revisionist BS. What color is the sky in your world?
No he wasnt sold on Buddy. NC coach made a comment to jim and assistant coaches were pushing. Jim was the last one on board.
Save your BS for someone else. Or pm me and we can have a discussion. Tool

I like the 3 guard lineup idea if JB shocked the world and played some mtm. Without a backup 5 figured out and the bench made of frosh I doubt it happens though.
I don't see a winning season without another center. Jessie is too prone to foul trouble and with such a young team they are screwed. Kind of sad to think JB goes out with a second losing season. Regardless it is his last. Big portal moves next year. Man I miss the 80's, 90's and 2000's when we had a nationally ranked team. Oh how the mighty have fallen. And 2016 was a fluke.

That lineup looks good offensively on paper. Lots of potential on that end. It wouldn’t work defensively in a 2-3 zone at all. And until I see us play man to man and not give up on it the first time an opponent gets back to back easy hoops, then I won’t believe it.

I think that lineup would have a very tough time rebounding in man to man too though, against a lot of teams. Those 3 guard Villanova teams usually have some 6’4, strong pit bulls at guards.

Hopefully Bunch can do now, what guys like Nichols and Southerland weren’t ready to do until year 3.

I think the people looking at him to be those guys are maybe missing it. I think he's closer to Preston Shumpert, who never had a lot of lift on his shot. Give Bunch an open shot and that's his role.

No he wasnt sold on Buddy. NC coach made a comment to jim and assistant coaches were pushing. Jim was the last one on board.
Save your BS for someone else. Or pm me and we can have a discussion. Tool

144% false. Not even remotely factual in any way, shape or form.

Posts like this confirm the belief that I've had for a long time that you are so full of it, your eyes are brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom