The head coach's thinking for 22-23 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The head coach's thinking for 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He and the rest of the staff were out at tournaments this past week.
Care to share the percentage of Division I college basketball coaches who were also out at tournaments this past weekend?

99.999999%

Ergo, who cares? He's doing his job. He also has not done his job to the level other high major coaches do at times. That is a fact.

Care to share the percentage of Division I college basketball coaches who were also out at tournaments this past weekend?

99.999999%

Ergo, who cares? He's doing his job. He also has not done his job to the level other high major coaches do at times. That is a fact.

Doubtful. And the point went over your head.

What’s doubtful? And Your point has no point. You’re sticking up for the staff - again - when it is 1,000 percent true the head coach was asleep at the wheel on the recruiting front (quite literally in some cases) the past few years.

Doubtful 99.9% of the coaches were at those tournaments. And there’s no defending anything. It’s not defense when correcting someone with a fact.

Doubtful 99.9% of the coaches were at those tournaments. And there’s no defending anything. It’s not defense when correcting someone with a fact.
My man, I think you're in the minority here. Your defending and deflecting of this staff is borderline crazy. I'm hoping for the best with this class but if you don't think the team could benefit from a forward with some actual... I don't know... experience? Then I'm not sure what to tell ya.

My man, I think you're in the minority here. Your defending and deflecting of this staff is borderline crazy. I'm hoping for the best with this class but if you don't think the team could benefit from a forward with some actual... I don't know... experience? Then I'm not sure what to tell ya.
Bees is unwavering in his support and defense of Jim. I personally have always supported Syracuse University before any coach including JB.

Bees is unwavering in his support and defense of Jim. I personally have always supported Syracuse University before any coach including JB.

Show me what I said that is factually incorrect?

Like I said to KC, show me what I said was factually untrue. There were more roster spots last year. JB didn’t have to “find” a spot for Jimmy. We needed bodies last year no matter who it was. We don’t necessarily this year. You can argue quality but quantity we are ok this year compared to last.

I know Mballa from UB has been mentioned but Manny Bates from NC St and Alex Tchikou from Alabama, I believe are still available

Grabbing either of those is better than an unused scholarship

Does someone need to tell Jim its ok to use all your scholarships

Last edited:
Show me what I said that is factually incorrect?
Bees. It's not necessarily about the facts, more about your opinion. Do you believe that JB has done a good job coaching the last 3 or 4 years? Do you believe that JB recruits as hard today as he did in the past? The questions are not black and white from a factual standpoint. The record is what it is and last year was bad. The worst in almost 50 years. That is a fact. Other questions are more of an opinion-based answer. As an example, I will never believe that Joe is a good pg. regardless of the information you use to support that he is. Anyone who has ever played basketball or knows anything about it can see that Joe is playing out of position. Same with Jims approach in his press conferences of publicly demeaning his players and members of the press. I simply don't believe that is something he needs to do or should do. I don't find it supportive of the team, or the University and I believe it diminishes the great things that Jim does do. Again, my opinion. As to your take on JB, I respect it and for the most part agree with your takes. This is a fan board, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Thats a fact.

Bees. It's not necessarily about the facts, more about your opinion. Do you believe that JB has done a good job coaching the last 3 or 4 years? Do you believe that JB recruits as hard today as he did in the past? The questions are not black and white from a factual standpoint. The record is what it is and last year was bad. The worst in almost 50 years. That is a fact. Other questions are more of an opinion-based answer. As an example, I will never believe that Joe is a good pg. regardless of the information you use to support that he is. Anyone who has ever played basketball or knows anything about it can see that Joe is playing out of position. Same with Jims approach in his press conferences of publicly demeaning his players and members of the press. I simply don't believe that is something he needs to do or should do. I don't find it supportive of the team, or the University and I believe it diminishes the great things that Jim does do. Again, my opinion. As to your take on JB, I respect it and for the most part agree with your takes. This is a fan board, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Thats a fact.

Nothing in this post has anything to do with my post on a specific subject. You just want to go in 99 directions when you can’t follow along.

I can be as critical of JAB as anyone (sometimes). But there is really only one correct answer to this thread's title question...he may be wrong but...
1651161760220.png

Nothing in this post has anything to do with my post on a specific subject. You just want to go in 99 directions when you can’t follow along.
Oh, Bees fortunately I have been leading vs following most of my adult life:) Your approach to defending and your passive aggressive nature are a joy. Seriously you are without a doubt my one of my top 10 favorite posters as you are so consistent in your approach. Like a Salmon on a mission. If I had to guess, I would say you either were a politician or worked in a government job. Possibly in an eastern European country:) But seriously can you please just answer my questions. If not, I'll try to follow along.

Oh, Bees fortunately I have been leading vs following most of my adult life:) Your approach to defending and your passive aggressive nature are a joy. Seriously you are without a doubt my one of my top 10 favorite posters as you are so consistent in your approach. Like a Salmon on a mission. If I had to guess, I would say you either were a politician or worked in a government job. Possibly in an eastern European country:) But seriously can you please just answer my questions. If not, I'll try to follow along.

Which point did you disagree with? That most if not all teams have hopes of something or that we had more roster space last year?

Like I said to KC, show me what I said was factually untrue. There were more roster spots last year. JB didn’t have to “find” a spot for Jimmy. We needed bodies last year no matter who it was. We don’t necessarily this year. You can argue quality but quantity we are ok this year compared to last.
That is your opinion. Not a fact.
Which point did you disagree with? That most if not all teams have hopes of something or that we had more roster space last year?
Can you answer the questions?

Do you believe that JB has done a good job coaching the last 3 or 4 years?

Do you believe that JB recruits as hard today as he did in the past?

And the last one that I'll add myself... is the record the last 8 years (8 years!) acceptable to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom