The irony of Yours Truly and Trevor Cooney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The irony of Yours Truly and Trevor Cooney

He's third in the ACC in three point makes behind Connaughton and Ralston Turner. He's 6th in percentage based upon however they determine qualifies.

Would you rather have Cooney or the pre-season ACC player of the year Marcus Paige?

Cooney is having the better season.

First off, its awesome to see Trevor finally putting together a nice run of games. Although i tend to disagree with it, its clear the Jimmy B's never ending green light w Trevor has boosted his confidence. He is playing really well. Part of the reason is he at least tries to drive to the hole. Now he is not a good finisher, probably not even average, but the threat of it at least forces defenders to keep it in the back of their minds. This is precisely what me and others deemed as "Cooney haters" have been wanting all along. Drive the ball. His handle is not bad and his mid range game isnt either. Its great to see him playing better. He certainly deserved criticism for stringing together about 20 games straight of pure garbage, but he also deserves a ton of praise for how he has turned it around.

Now for the irony of it all:

As i sat at the game and watched Trevor drain shot after shot (which despite what many would think, drew loud cheers and fist pumps from me), i realized that the games i attend... Trevor plays his best. Weird but true. Coincidence, yes. But fact nonetheless. I was present for the barrage vs Notre Dame last year. All told, 9 games last year and 4 games this year... Cuse has gone 13-0 and Trevor has averaged 19.8 points per game.

I will be in attendance Tuesday vs Wake and also for Louisville. Bet the ranch on those games if you like messing w Vegas. And expect the young Irishman to go off. Keep it up Trevor !!

PS - actually a pretty nice crowd for a Sunday night. Cuse surely is a basketball town.
whoa whoa whoa...keep your fisting talk to yourself. TMA

I get the shot selection but when a guy is 9-15 and 7-11 on 3's he can take a couple stupid shots. Its when he is struggling that it drives me crazy because those shots aren't getting him going.
2 rules for shooters:
Shoot until you make.
Shoot until you miss.

A shooter can never worry about missing. EVER!!!!
A shooter thinks they can make every shot. That's why the difficult ones go in./

It is far better to shoot an airball than to not shoot at all for fear of missing. — Tony Alfonso (http://www.hoopsu.com/author/coachfonz/ )

When you miss a shot, never think of what you did wrong. Take the next shot thinking of what you must do right. — Tony Alfonso

You never make any of the shots you never take. 87% of the ones you do take, you’ll miss too. I make 110% of my shots. — Larry Bird