The issue with Frank is simple. He plays short! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The issue with Frank is simple. He plays short!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know what you think. If you go back and watch the duke game, coach k was asking the refs to call frank on it. Not that that is dispositive but it means an opposing teams coach has noticed it as well.

Yup, I saw the same thing. K was demonstrating Frank's palming motion with his hands and asking for the call.

Lots of guys "palm." But Franks's palming starts from nearly under or low on the ball and he then rotates his hand and wrist over the top of the ball. He does this even when he is casually dribbling up the floor without pressure. Very pronounced, but never called.

So...if it's not called it's not palming.

Let me know what you think. If you go back and watch the duke game, coach k was asking the refs to call frank on it. Not that that is dispositive but it means an opposing teams coach has noticed it as well.
So what! If the refs don't call it on Frank or the majority of guards, it's not an issue.

Yup, I saw the same thing. K was demonstrating Frank's palming motion with his hands and asking for the call.

Lots of guys "palm." But Franks's palming starts from nearly under or low on the ball and he then rotates his hand and wrist over the top of the ball. He does this even when he is casually dribbling up the floor without pressure. Very pronounced, but never called.

So...if it's not called it's not palming.

agree 100% on your description. thats what i see too. my point is however i think its indicative/evidence of his poor ball handling abilities. either poor fundamentals or hes palming it out of necessity.

I won't disagree with what you are saying, but I will disagree with what Frank's biggest issues are.

I see four major problems:

1. He is slow for a PG.

2. He has a mediocre handle for a PG.

3. He has a slow release on his shot.

4. I think he has reasonably good court vision, but he doesn't have the skillset to execute that vision consistently enough.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot you can do to increase the number of fast twitch muscles.

Come on .. franks biggest problem by far , not even close , is his head

agree 100% on your description. thats what i see too. my point is however i think its indicative/evidence of his poor ball handling abilities. either poor fundamentals or hes palming it out of necessity.

Yeah, I understood the point you are making. I would guess that it's fundamentals or bad habit kind of thing.

Since it is not called, I think it gives Frank an advantage when he changing directions or using a crossover. the flip of that is that ball tends to hang in his hand longer as he is rotating his wrist. That habit, combined with his standing too tall when dribbling, makes it easier for quick guards to pick his pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom