The Jim Boeheim Show - after UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show - after UNC

mmmmm. donuts

homer-simpson.jpg

if you ain't got a spare tire to run fast then it's your damn fault. limp on home loser.

Last edited:
"The longer you stay, the more likely you are to make it and the longer career you’ll have"

Well, there's literally data/facts that say otherwise

I know, I know...HOF'er, etc

I was wondering about that and was thinking of researching it myself. Of course the issue would be for the non-superstar who probably belonged in the league from the beginning in a nay case.

Do you have a link where someone has already crunched the numbers?

lol

And a beaut of a game at Purdue! Or was that before the Big East? If so, at least it was a nice break for them.

The Purdue game was 1/13/80, the first year of the Big east. But we played only a limited schedule of 6 games, only one of which had already played: Seton Hall 1/5/80, 99-76 was our first ever Big East game. We'd played West Virginia, (not a Big East team at that time), Baltimore, (not the Bullets) and Rhode Island since then. and would play Old Dominion, ( a one point loss on a shot that was actually after the buzzer), Detroit and Rutgers before our next Big East game, Connecticut on 1/26.

I was wondering about that and was thinking of researching it myself. Of course the issue would be for the non-superstar who probably belonged in the league from the beginning in a nay case.

Do you have a link where someone has already crunched the numbers?

Our own Danny Schayes actually did the number crunching on SheridanHoops.com on a really good article a couple months ago

I'd link the site, but it appears to be full of spyware...so I don't recommend going there, but the article was really great

Our own Danny Schayes actually did the number crunching on SheridanHoops.com on a really good article a couple months ago

I'd link the site, but it appears to be full of spyware...so I don't recommend going there, but the article was really great

Of course Danny stayed for four years...

What I am saying, and I am glad to speak for myself here, is for the them to get a few minutes, but not get yanked the second they make a mistake. Let them play through them for just a couple minutes (maybe even one more minute). I'm not arguing for 10-15 minutes, just 3-5. That gives guys like Cooney and Rak a breather on the bench so they don't have to be iron men in the middle of the season and have no gas left for the stretch run.
I'm guessing the coach would say that the game can be lost in those 3-5 minutes.

I think the big variable here is the amount of drop off from your top 5 players to the 6,7,8. When there has been little difference--Kris Joseph, Scoop, Dion--the bench players got lots of run. When the bench is very weak (perhaps due to early-NBA or injuries?), not so much.

What I am saying, and I am glad to speak for myself here, is for the them to get a few minutes, but not get yanked the second they make a mistake. Let them play through them for just a couple minutes (maybe even one more minute). I'm not arguing for 10-15 minutes, just 3-5. That gives guys like Cooney and Rak a breather on the bench so they don't have to be iron men in the middle of the season and have no gas left for the stretch run.

I've argued this ad nauseum with Mexi, Iommi etc...

Don't take offense, but I'm just going to bow out...

Thanks for posting SWC.

Couple of things I noted, did JB really say "Tyler has played very good basketball and we’re happy with how he’s played. It’s hard when you play only a few minutes of the time. Now he knows he’s going to be in there no matter what and can relax and just play."

Isn't that what everyone here who argues against JB's quick hook substitution philosophy basis there argument on? This year's examples being Roberson early and BJ more recently.

Also, JB's comments that McCullough was a very good backup center seem strange to me. I thought I remembered him calling McCullough out after early season games for not being able to play that position very well??? Maybe, it was posters here saying that?

I know - world's going to end!!!! JB keeps disagreeing with everyone that speaks for him! Ahhhhhhhh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom