The latest all encompassing recruiting thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

The latest all encompassing recruiting thread

Seriously? You are going to lose more than you win in general no matter where you recruit ... however to money's point and I will explain this for the last time it is easier to land a prospect ranked 200th in the state because he is lower on the pecking order than it is to land a top 10 guy in a talent poor state with the same ranking because there is less ground to cover in talent poor states. Which is why ND or Clemson can put minimal effort in NY and take the top players, that is who we are competing with. When it comes to the 200th ranked recruit in FL who is just as skilled we are more than likely competing against peers like Lville. Our odds of victory improve...I'm not sure why you cant get this.

You say "it is easier to land a prospect ranked 200th in the state because he is lower on the pecking order than it is to land a top 10 guy in a talent poor state with the same ranking because there is less ground to cover in talent poor states". You go on to say "we are more than likely competing against peers like Lville". But you totally don't address the elephant in the room which is we play FLST, MIA, NC and yes Louisville. So to correct your statement it would be like saying we are going to get players 200+rated to play against MIA, FLST,NC Louisville top 100 players. This is a horribly flawed strategy because those teams get the more talented players EVERY SINGLE year then get to play our lower rated players. Its like those teams get the 1st team all county players while the guys we get to play vs them are hopefully honorable mentions in the same county. Think about it. If I am correct, the direct correlation will be expressed in our record vs those P5 teams. Look at our record. I think generally you agree that it is easier to recruit to your home territory. To hammer this home lets look at the Florida and NE territory in 2018. I picked 2018 because we obviously got our best player from Florida (Cisco) so this should help your argument.

2018 top Florida recruits signed to ACC teams
Clemson- #1 DE Xavier Thomas #1 nationally #36 LB mike jones #210,

Miami- #6 RB Lorenzo Lingard #25 nationally, #13 WR Mark Pope #67, #21 CB Al Blades #97, #25 G DJ Scaife #149, #26 Brian Hightower #154, #29 RB Camron Harris #173, #32 S Gurvan Hall #184, #33 Gilbert Frieson #200, #37 TE Will Mallory #211, #Cleveland Reed #259, #63 DJ Ivey #353, #77 WR D Wiggins464, #79 OT John Campbell 481, #80 WDE Greg Rousseau 485,

NC#10 OT William Barnes #53 nationally, #61 WR Antoine Green #350, #89 OG Ed Montilus 567,

Fl ST #12 CB Assante Samuel jr #60 nationally, #27 Warren Thompson #157,#42 Malcolm Lamar #222, #43 cb Isaiah Bolden #231, #44 OLB Amari Gainer #239, #57DT Dennis Briggs #324, #74 WR Dmarcus Adams #420

Louisville- ILB Robert Hicks #240, #50 S Trenell Troutman #278, #68 Marcus Riley #383, #69 CB Chandler Jones #385,

VT- S Chamarri Conner #317

Pitt- #83 WR Shocky Jacques Loius 531

GT- #87 DT TK Chimedza #558

Syracuse- #101 Cameron Jonas 653, #137 Andre Cisco 929

Florida is obviously the "TERRITORY" of FLST and Miami. So as you would expect they both do well with 14 and 7 top 100 in state prospects respectively. But Florida is also SEC territory with 30 of the top 100 signing to SEC. These two facts coupled with the status of Florida being a hotbed makes it highly competitive and puts us in a poor position to win top talent from Florida. This is expressed in our best year of 2018. Interestingly a MAC school Toledo had two top 100 recruits 92,95 higher than our guys (MAC Strategy) and PN ST (NE focuse)had 1(more on them in a minute) #60. We hit a home run with Cisco and with all due respect the other guys from Florida from the 17, and 18 class haven't done anything. So they were backups at best NOT high end talent better than our local recruits. Those local recruits from "OUR TERRITORY" (NY, PA, NJ,MD,MA,CT,CAN) included 11 of the top 100 overall and 3 of top 10 overall players in the country. This was HCDB best class BECAUSE of the prospects from "OUR Territory" Trill, Q White Taj etc. In fact the NY NJ players we have are higher on the depth chart than the players from Florida atleast in the 1st two classes when you add Devito (NJ) Iffy (MA) Coley (NY) Richards (CAN) So after the 2018 season and recruiting class I thought we would really focus on competing in the NE vs Penn ST for those top 100 prospect. Its our territory, we have more selling points and by in large less competition. You dont have to be a genius to see its easier to position yourself as the other guy besides PNST in the NE than the 30th best team/option recruiting in the SEC territory of South Florida. How does that pitch go "hey your top 29 choices passed you up but we are here for you. Its cold, you will be far from home with no beaches but come on up". We see how that has worked we have a bunch of backups and 1 stud from Florida. I thought HCDB was going to embrace this NE strategy after 2018. Imagine if we focused more heavily on NYC like Penn ST does. Imagine if we had folks doing 12 face to faces with a player like Adessa Issac. We dont have the State college bankroll as a small private school but that is even more reason to focus and consolidate all of our time, money and other resources on the NE Penn ST has 3 recruiters focusing on the NE and we have a "Florida strategy". Again we can answer the flyer for Syracuse of the Florida kid who is considering his 30th option and lets pray he turns out to be Cisco. But why not focus on the 60 or so higher end guys in "territory" that can see the field immediately for us in our local territory.

As a salesperson if I am going after two prospects with the same payoff. I would rather be in a 1 on 1 in my area that allows me to maximize my pros than being out of area vs 30 other competitors that are better positioned. The NE strategy allows us to do that.

Florida's 200th best player has proven to be better than NYS 10th best player. There is nothing else to explain. Thats the whole point of going down there, Its easier to get those kids to come to SU and they are better. High ranked kids in NYS think they are too good for SU. You keep referencing the top ranked NYS players like they been killin it. Why do you think coaching staffs spend so much time in the south? There's plenty of players in the south to choose from. FL GA, NC, SC, DMV. We've always relied on those states. Particularly in the 90's. There's never been enough players in NYS. We get a few from NJ, CT, MA and DMV areas.

You still havent answered my question regarding Coach Mac's success. Throw in Doug Marrone too

Last edited:
We don't need 4/5 stars on the roster.

Checked THAT box for ya! :p

Well - we don't "need" them, we'd very much like them, and they would probably be incredibly beneficial, but the team that went 10-3 didn't really have any 4/5 stars (I guess other than Tommy) on it.

Given how few 5* guys there are, and that they ALL typically go to a handful of factory programs, it's silly for Cuse fans to pine for them.
Ain't happening.

... at least, not at the moment.

Our only realistic change to land somebody like that, would be a Tim Green type local player, who decides to stay home. Alas, the small handful of really talented NY kids usually seem to have zero interest in playing for Syracuse.

And we haven't been able to land a 4/5* legacy either - let's hope Rooks chances that trend. :cool:
(of course, all the crystal meth balls have him going to Michigan. Damn bricks!!! ;) )
Some people cant decipher between what we want and what we can get. There are not getting it. They think the staff drives pass all the 5 stars schools. lol. I hate that we can't get legacies. It goes to show how the kids are different these days. They want to follow dad's foot steps and make him proud but they want to do that at a place where they are winning. The staff tries hard to get the studs but at some point you have to move on. You'll miss out on other potentially productive players chasing recruits who are not reciprocating the interest.

Some people cant decipher between what we want and what we can get. There are not getting it. They think the staff drives pass all the 5 stars schools. lol. I hate that we can't get legacies. It goes to show how the kids are different these days. They want to follow dad's foot steps and make him proud but they want to do that at a place where they are winning. The staff tries hard to get the studs but at some point you have to move on. You'll miss out on other potentially productive players chasing recruits who are not reciprocating the interest.

Agreed, chasing rainbows is a waste of time. The recruiting can pick up a solid notch for sure but those waiting for a top 25 class are kidding themselves, IMO. Will not happen due to reasons discussed at nauseum and I don't care who is on staff. There is a path for sustained success at Syracuse and it includes more consistent winning and developing 3 star recruits who by the time they are 3rd year players can really contribute. Developmental Program's have to have the right staff and I think we are getting damn close with the right staff

Florida's 200th best player has proven to be better than NYS 10th best player. There is nothing else to explain. Thats the whole point of going down there, Its easier to get those kids to come to SU and they are better. High ranked kids in NYS think they are too good for SU. You keep referencing the top ranked NYS players like they been killin it. Why do you think coaching staffs spend so much time in the south? There's plenty of players in the south to choose from. FL GA, NC, SC, DMV. We've always relied on those states. Particularly in the 90's. There's never been enough players in NYS. We get a few from NJ, CT, MA and DMV areas.

You still havent answered my question regarding Coach Mac's success. Through in Doug Marrone too
Answers to your questions

Again lets say thats true sooooooooooooo. Its not 1 state its a NE territory. I listed the players in some detail reply with some substance. Give me some real numbers not a made up talking point and again dont compare 20% of the territory that I suggest to Florida.

You keep referencing "the top ranked kids in NY". I didnt not. I repeatedly listed a territory. No offense but if you want to engage please read and respond to what I actually said. Again the territory (PA, NY, NJ,MA,CT,CAN, MD)

The coaches are in Florida embracing a MAC strategy. Again thats why I specifically pointed out that Toledo had two higher rated Florida recruits the same cycle. Pretty obvious

You actually make my point by saying "we get a get a few from NJ CT MA DMV" DUHHHH those states are in the "TERRITORY" i describe. Why are arguing my very point against me?

I literally thought your point on The GREAT Coach Mac and his succes AND recruiting strategy was a joke. He literally bult a great team with mostly recruits from "my territory" . Daryl Johnston top NYS RB recruit from Buffalo, Robert Drummond RB From Syracuse Qb Don McPherson NY, I could go on and on. He built a fence around not the territory but NYS and got the top recruits while he went 6-5 7-5 and 5-6. THEN had some big seasons. If you were serious and not joking in those comments I suggest we start a different thread. And I will be happy to discuss. Those specific teams are amongst my all time favorites.

Last edited:
Seriously? You are going to lose more than you win in general no matter where you recruit ... however to money's point and I will explain this for the last time it is easier to land a prospect ranked 200th in the state because he is lower on the pecking order than it is to land a top 10 guy in a talent poor state with the same ranking because there is less ground to cover in talent poor states. Which is why ND or Clemson can put minimal effort in NY and take the top players, that is who we are competing with. When it comes to the 200th ranked recruit in FL who is just as skilled we are more than likely competing against peers like Lville. Our odds of victory improve...I'm not sure why you cant get this.

You say "it is easier to land a prospect ranked 200th in the state because he is lower on the pecking order than it is to land a top 10 guy in a talent poor state with the same ranking because there is less ground to cover in talent poor states". You go on to say "we are more than likely competing against peers like Lville". But you totally don't address the elephant in the room which is we play FLST, MIA, NC and yes Louisville. So to correct your statement it would be like saying we are going to get players 200+rated to play against MIA, FLST,NC Louisville top 100 players. This is a horribly flawed strategy because those teams get the more talented players EVERY SINGLE year then get to play our lower rated players. Its like those teams get the 1st team all county players while the guys we get to play vs them are hopefully honorable mentions in the same county. Think about it. If I am correct, the direct correlation will be expressed in our record vs those P5 teams. Look at our record. I think generally you agree that it is easier to recruit to your home territory. To hammer this home lets look at the Florida and NE territory in 2018. I picked 2018 because we obviously got our best player from Florida (Cisco) so this should help your argument.

2018 top Florida recruits signed to ACC teams
Clemson- #1 DE Xavier Thomas #1 nationally #36 LB mike jones #210,

Miami- #6 RB Lorenzo Lingard #25 nationally, #13 WR Mark Pope #67, #21 CB Al Blades #97, #25 G DJ Scaife #149, #26 Brian Hightower #154, #29 RB Camron Harris #173, #32 S Gurvan Hall #184, #33 Gilbert Frieson #200, #37 TE Will Mallory #211, #Cleveland Reed #259, #63 DJ Ivey #353, #77 WR D Wiggins464, #79 OT John Campbell 481, #80 WDE Greg Rousseau 485,

NC#10 OT William Barnes #53 nationally, #61 WR Antoine Green #350, #89 OG Ed Montilus 567,

Fl ST #12 CB Assante Samuel jr #60 nationally, #27 Warren Thompson #157,#42 Malcolm Lamar #222, #43 cb Isaiah Bolden #231, #44 OLB Amari Gainer #239, #57DT Dennis Briggs #324, #74 WR Dmarcus Adams #420

Louisville- ILB Robert Hicks #240, #50 S Trenell Troutman #278, #68 Marcus Riley #383, #69 CB Chandler Jones #385,

VT- S Chamarri Conner #317

Pitt- #83 WR Shocky Jacques Loius 531

GT- #87 DT TK Chimedza #558

Syracuse- #101 Cameron Jonas 653, #137 Andre Cisco 929

Florida is obviously the "TERRITORY" of FLST and Miami. So as you would expect they both do well with 14 and 7 top 100 in state prospects respectively. But Florida is also SEC territory with 30 of the top 100 signing to SEC. These two facts coupled with the status of Florida being a hotbed makes it highly competitive and puts us in a poor position to win top talent from Florida. This is expressed in our best year of 2018. Interestingly a MAC school Toledo had two top 100 recruits 92,95 higher than our guys (MAC Strategy) and PN ST (NE focuse)had 1(more on them in a minute) #60. We hit a home run with Cisco and with all due respect the other guys from Florida from the 17, and 18 class haven't done anything. So they were backups at best NOT high end talent better than our local recruits. Those local recruits from "OUR TERRITORY" (NY, PA, NJ,MD,MA,CT,CAN) included 11 of the top 100 overall and 3 of top 10 overall players in the country. This was HCDB best class BECAUSE of the prospects from "OUR Territory" Trill, Q White Taj etc. In fact the NY NJ players we have are higher on the depth chart than the players from Florida atleast in the 1st two classes when you add Devito (NJ) Iffy (MA) Coley (NY) Richards (CAN) So after the 2018 season and recruiting class I thought we would really focus on competing in the NE vs Penn ST for those top 100 prospect. Its our territory, we have more selling points and by in large less competition. You dont have to be a genius to see its easier to position yourself as the other guy besides PNST in the NE than the 30th best team/option recruiting in the SEC territory of South Florida. How does that pitch go "hey your top 29 choices passed you up but we are here for you. Its cold, you will be far from home with no beaches but come on up". We see how that has worked we have a bunch of backups and 1 stud from Florida. I thought HCDB was going to embrace this NE strategy after 2018. Imagine if we focused more heavily on NYC like Penn ST does.

And about Penn ST. Imagine if we had folks doing 12 face to faces with a player like Adessa Issac. We cant, we dont have the State college bankroll as a small private school but that is even more reason to focus and consolidate all of our time, money and other resources on the NE. Penn ST has 3 recruiters focusing on the NE and we have a "Florida strategy". Even though Penn St has much more going for it from a sales perspective they focus on the NE NOT FLA just like we should do. Lets look at them in 2018

5 Star Micah Parsons PA
5 Star Justin Shorter NJ
5 Star Ricky Slade
12 other 4 stars FROM THE EXACT SAME territory (add VA) that I am saying we should focus on. And BTW they did answer the phone on that kid from Florida Jordan Miner #60 Florida #356 overall. He actually is ranked higher than any player HCDB has ever recruited in his entire head coaching career not named Tommy Devito. He was the 15th best player in that class. So much high end talent in the NE that he is a throw in player. He would have been our 2nd highest recruit under HCDB ever. The other throw in kid from Florida was Judge Culpepper. You guys know the story there smh. How can it be true that a school like Penn ST can focus on the NE and pull in so much talent, but the NE can have so little talent that Syracuse has to look for scraps 1300 miles away???????" So much talent in the NE that the Florida players are "filler recruits" (17-25 in class) for Penn ST. And thats before I even adress the 5 stars that ND Clemson and Ala cherry pick from the Northeast. Look those up.

Can you imagine if we focused all our efforts and just took 3 of Penn St's recruits from the NE Not even the top 5 stars but NE prospects number 14,15,16 that the sign. Those NE prospects would be amongst the best players we sign under HCDB. And what would we be missing, again all Florida players not named Cisco are on the bench anyways. Now we can still take the flyer on a Florida kid just like Penn St or anybody else does and lets pray he turns out to be Cisco. But why not focus on the 60 or so higher end guys in "territory" that can see the field immediately for us in our local territory.

As a salesperson if I am going after two prospects with the same payoff. I would rather be in a 1 on 1 in my home turf that allows me to maximize my pros thus limiting my cons with a lower acquisition cost (amount of resources used to get deal)than being out of area vs 30 other competitors that are better positioned with a higher acquisition cost. The NE strategy allows us to do that.

This entire post flies in the face of 20 years of Syracuse recruiting history. There's a certain logic to it, but the coaches who tried to build locally got left at the altar with the top kids and got 2nd or 3rd tier NE kids who tend to have further to go to catch up with kids from FL, GA, etc.

The truth is that we try to get as many highly rated kids who fit into our system as possible. If you weight too much for geography we end up worse off. Dino has done as well at recruiting than anyone since the height of the coach P days. It takes winning consistently. That's it. And it's difficult.

Again lets say thats true sooooooooooooo. Its not 1 state its a NE territory. I listed the players in some detail reply with some substance. Give me some real numbers not a made up talking point and again dont compare 20% of the territory that I suggest to Florida.

"You keep referencing the top ranked kids in NY" not me. I repeatedly listed a territory. No offense but if you want to engage please read and respond to what I actually said. Again the territory (PA, NY, NJ,MA,CT,CAN, MD)

The coaches are in Florida embracing a MAC strategy. Again thats why I specifically pointed out that Toledo had two higher rated Florida recruits the same cycle. Pretty obvious

You actually make my point by saying "we get a get a few from NJ CT MA DMV" DUHHHH those states are in the "TERRITORY" i describe. Why are arguing my very point against me?

I literally thought your point on The GREAT Coach Mac and his succes AND recruiting strategy was a joke. He literally bult a great team with mostly recruits from "my territory" . Daryl Johnston top NYS RB recruit from Buffalo, Robert Drummond RB From Syracuse Qb Don McPherson NY, I could go on and on. He built a fence around not the territory but NYS and got the top recruits 6-5 7-5 and 5-6. THEN had some big seasons. If you were serious and not joking in those comments I suggest we start a different thread. And I will be happy to discuss. Those specific teams are amongst my all time favorites.

There are less of those kids. There is a real decline in NE football.

"You keep referencing the top ranked kids in NY" not me. I repeatedly listed a territory. No offense but if you want to engage please read and respond to what I actually said. Again the territory (PA, NY, NJ,MA,CT,CAN, MD)

I literally thought your point on The GREAT Coach Mac and his succes AND recruiting strategy was a joke. He literally bult a great team with mostly recruits from "my territory" . Daryl Johnston top NYS RB recruit from Buffalo, Robert Drummond RB From Syracuse Qb Don McPherson NY, I could go on and on. He built a fence around not the territory but NYS and got the top recruits 6-5 7-5 and 5-6. THEN had some big seasons. If you were serious and not joking in those comments I suggest we start a different thread. And I will be happy to discuss. Those specific teams are amongst my all time favorites.
He did not have a dream team. Did not have 4 or 5 stars dying to come to his 2-9 team. He didnt get top recruits until he won consistently. lol He built a program and a system with many players from different areas. Marrone won the same way. He grabbed 2 star NYC players sprinkled in with FL and NE players.

Last edited:
This entire post flies in the face of 20 years of Syracuse recruiting history. There's a certain logic to it, but the coaches who tried to build locally got left at the altar with the top kids and got 2nd or 3rd tier NE kids who tend to have further to go to catch up with kids from FL, GA, etc.

The truth is that we try to get as many highly rated kids who fit into our system as possible. If you weight too much for geography we end up worse off. Dino has done as well at recruiting than anyone since the height of the coach P days. It takes winning consistently. That's it. And it's difficult.
I love the point and you very well could be correct. But again outside of Cisco what has a Florida kid done for us. We are talking about backups on our team. So all I am saying is if we had the #13, 14, 15 recruits from Penn St that was signed that cycle they would be 3 of our top 4 guys if not the top 3. Again what Florida prospect not named Cisco is even in a oppsing teams gameplan? Think about our Florida players are backups, are local kids are the starters. Look at the depth chart.

But we do need 4*s if we want to get to where we want to be. A 5* every few years would also help. As you indirectly stated, 4*s and 5*s would make a difference.

there's literally maybe less than 20 5-star kids every year. We're not getting any of them along with the other 89% of college football teams.

Dino has reeled in a couple of 4 star kids and will continue to do so.

I love the point and you very well could be correct. But again outside of Cisco what has a Florida kid done for us. We are talking about backups on our team. So all I am saying is if we had the #13, 14, 15 recruits from Penn St that was signed that cycle they would be 3 of our top 4 guys if not the top 3. Again what Florida prospect not named Cisco is even in a oppsing teams gameplan? Think about our Florida players are backups, are local kids are the starters. Look at the depth chart.
Please show me a team with 4 winning seasons in 15 years that has a top 40 class or better. Then I will say SU should be doing that too. Right now you just talkin just to talk. It was fun exchanging thoughts at first. Now its getting repetitive.

Agreed, chasing rainbows is a waste of time. The recruiting can pick up a solid notch for sure but those waiting for a top 25 class are kidding themselves, IMO. Will not happen due to reasons discussed at nauseum and I don't care who is on staff. There is a path for sustained success at Syracuse and it includes more consistent winning and developing 3 star recruits who by the time they are 3rd year players can really contribute. Developmental Program's have to have the right staff and I think we are getting damn close with the right staff
lol We've been discussing this topic for over a decade. We can't dissect it any more than we have lol.

Last edited:
Dino has to win with the talent Dino can realistically recruit and sign here. Period. The volume of offers alone should convince people that the effort is there, and that the staff believes they can not win by concentrating resources in the NE. Whether people like it, believe it, or accept it, that talent is going to be the 3* type player.

Unless and until Dino can string together multiply seasons of winning and bowl appearances, this is the reality of recruiting at SU. The good news here is that once that ball starts rolling, Dino has the charisma, the systems, schemes, and Dome in place for "change" to happen quickly, IMO.

Please show me a team with 4 winning seasons in 15 years that has a top 40 class or better. Then I will say SU should be doing that too. Right now you just talkin just to talk. It was fun exchanging thoughts at first. Now its getting repetitive.
No, and that wasnt my argument lol. I dont think there are any

Dino has to win with the talent Dino can realistically recruit and sign here. Period. The volume of offers alone should convince people that the effort is there, and that the staff believes they can not win by concentrating resources in the NE. Whether people like it, believe it, or accept it, that talent is going to be the 3* type player.

Unless and until Dino can string together multiply seasons of winning and bowl appearances, this is the reality of recruiting at SU. The good news here is that once that ball starts rolling, Dino has the charisma, the systems, schemes, and Dome in place for "change" to happen quickly, IMO.
I disagree Dino got 4 star Trill Williams NY 4 star Q White NY, 4 star Tommy Devito NJ had a shot at 4star Adisa Isaac NY. These are all NE guys. We CAN get them if we focus on this Territory

Sterling Hofrichter, Steve Ishmael, Aaron Hackett, McKinley Williams, KJ Ruff are all Florida boys that have produced quite nicely for us in just the last couple years. Two of which being All-ACC/American In Ishmael and The Hof. You could probably throw ravian pierce and Mikel Jones in there as well. And at the same time, we don’t get a ton of Florida kids either, but it seems that they produce at a higher percentage for us than other areas.

I disagree Dino got 4 star Trill Williams NY 4 star Q White NY, 4 star Tommy Devito NJ had a shot at 4star Adisa Isaac NY. These are all NE guys. We CAN get them if we focus on this Territory
The thing about this is that Devito was a 2 star when he committed and got bumped later, Trill was a 3 star and Rutgers was his only other offer when he committed and got bumped later, and having a shot at a 4 star and losing him to Penn St kinda proves the point of the side you’re arguing against so it’s a little confusing why you’d add that. Qadir White was the only prospect at the time that was a massive recruiting win when he committed, and he’s the one that hasn’t sniffed the field in 3 years. You’re making this way too general, General.

Typo, or no? ;)

The General has opinions. Lots of them.
Few are rooted in facts, data, or reality. :p
Ignore is your friend.
lol typo. Responding to the general has been therapeutic. I usually chuckle and dont respond but Its something to do right now. Wife went back to work, I have my daughter all day. Still waiting for phase 4 to clear us for team training/ workouts. Zoom sessions are not as fun anymore. Im dying to get out on the field.

The thing about this is that Devito was a 2 star when he committed and got bumped later, Trill was a 3 star and Rutgers was his only other offer when he committed and got bumped later, and having a shot at a 4 star and losing him to Penn St kinda proves the point of the side you’re arguing against so it’s a little confusing why you’d add that. Qadir White was the only prospect at the time that was a massive recruiting win when he committed, and he’s the one that hasn’t sniffed the field in 3 years. You’re making this way too general, General.
True However TD was also a elite 11 qb after watching him and Tua at the event they both went up. Trill had a major ankle injury that kept him down. When he got back to 100% he skyrocketed up to 4star

Regards to Penn st. With the strategy I am suggesting we WILL lose players to Penn St. We also will win some of those. Look at the actual detail and players I listed from the 2018 cycle. Again these are our best opportunities for high end talent. I am not trying to win a "argument" I am outlining a recruting strategy that is similar to what Coach Mac did.

Based on what we have had on the O-line its highly disappointing that Q hasn't been able to beat those kids out. Its curious that you say I am being "too general" when I literally have the specific recruits, states, targets etc. Thats detail isnt it?

True However TD was also a elite 11 qb after watching him and Tua at the event they both went up. Trill had a major ankle injury that kept him down. When he got back to 100% he skyrocketed up to 4star

Regards to Penn st. With the strategy I am suggesting we WILL lose players to Penn St. We also will win some of those. Look at the actual detail and players I listed from the 2018 cycle. Again these are our best opportunities for high end talent. I am not trying to win a "argument" I am outlining a recruting strategy that is similar to what Coach Mac did.

Based on what we have had on the O-line its highly disappointing that Q hasn't been able to beat those kids out. Its curious that you say I am being "too general" when I literally have the specific recruits, states, targets etc. Thats detail isnt it?
General ... give it (us) a rest. Your keyboard can take only so much abuse.

1593101869513.png

Last edited:
Sterling Hofrichter, Steve Ishmael, Aaron Hackett, McKinley Williams, KJ Ruff are all Florida boys that have produced quite nicely for us in just the last couple years. Two of which being All-ACC/American In Ishmael and The Hof. You could probably throw ravian pierce and Mikel Jones in there as well. And at the same time, we don’t get a ton of Florida kids either, but it seems that they produce at a higher percentage for us than other areas.
Like you said. We dont get a ton of FL kids. With the ones we get Im sure the percentage of them that become starters are pretty high. We have guys like Nunn and Cole coming off redshirts that have plenty of time to contribute. Cam Jonas is in the two deep. You also have to factor in the depth they provide and overall team speed. Couple examples. Wr's Johnson and Queeley has played just as much or more than Thompson Bishop and Cam Jordan.. Now I fully expect Courtney Jackson and Jordan to contribute this year but to say we shouldn't spend time in FL is not smart.

They do focus on that territory lol

SMH. Ishmael wasnt a HCDB recruit. Hofrichter wasnt a HCDB recruit. The other two if you want to hang your hat on them cool. At that position there was a ton of higher rated local guys in our territory. If you want say Hacket I would then counter with Luke Benson PA (our territory). Is Hackett better than Benson???????

Last edited:
Dare I say Rutgers?

Dare I say Rutgers?
Possibly Rutgers UVA and maybe even UMD over the last 10 years IDK about 15. But it wasn't my point or statement so I wasn't going to waste time going down that pointless rabbit hole

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom