The long term | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The long term

Our fanbase has a good percentage who don’t have any problem complaining.
I mean it’s constant complaining.
We aren’t a football factory.
I get giving criticism it’s warranted but the idea Dino’s job should be on the line barring a 0-11 is just stupid.

We are finally getting recruiting wins we need.
People don’t get how hard it has been to get talent into Syracuse.

We don’t have a clown show as HC.
Dino’s performance deserves criticism but if people want change what the hell do they want?

Dino needs to get more QBs.
LOL

Do people not understand recruiting in football depends on location to successful HS football.
Syracuse doesn’t have local talent in their backyard that North Carolina has.
NC HSFB is miles better than NYS HSFB.

NY is a basketball recruiting state.
Not football.
Our team needs multiple good years to move
Up recruiting destinations.

Dino is improving the recruiting this cycle we could finish top 40 nationally and for Us that is an upgrade.

Really the whole issue comes down to not having a good interior push. That has been a recurring theme. Literally all those 2nd and 9 or 2nd and 8 downs with a proper running game that Dino wants should be 2nd and 5 or 6.

More than anything the lack of a physical downhill running attack is what is hurting the team right now. It cascades down to everything else (tempo, defense on field again too fast etc)

You realize UNC has always gotten talent they have had coaching problems.

Look at Texas since Mac has left.
And what has UNC won? I've always liked Mac but this idea that UNC is some great football program is just nonsense. Was anyone that impressed with them today?

What has unc ever won In football?
It's the coach. Can you not understand that? He has been more successful than any SU has ever had.

However, if we're comparing them to us, they've played in more bowl games while having an almost identical winning percentage. With regards to recruiting, our national championship that we won before the recruit's parents were born is meaningless. However, being recruited be a coach that has won a NC and coached a Heisman finalist is not. When you combine that with a more fruitful recruiting area (Howell is from NC), you expect better recruiting.

And what has UNC won? I've always liked Mac but this idea that UNC is some great football program is just nonsense. Was anyone that impressed with them today?
UNC was top 10 when Mac Brown left for Texas.
That is the point.

They hired idiots and then Butch Davis cheated and had them in the top 25 before he got fired for cheating.

Mac is bringing a good coach who can recruits.
2018 UNC was 2-10
In Mac’s first year he got them to 7-6.

Now in his second year they are preseason top 25. Their QB is going to be an NFL draft pick.

I would give my left nut for consecutive top 25 recruiting classes with one in the top 10 like UNC is getting.

Mac Brown is a good coach. He's at UNC not Texas. UNC has less history than we do.
History beyond the last 10 years is meaningless to current recruits. These kids don't care about Jim Brown unless they grew up in CNY. They don't even care about Donovan McNabb or Dwight Freeney. They're not going to UNC because of Lawrence Taylor either. It's about the now.

It's the coach. Can you not understand that? He has been more successful than any SU has ever had.

However, if we're comparing them to us, they've played in more bowl games while having an almost identical winning percentage. With regards to recruiting, our national championship that we won before the recruit's parents were born is meaningless. However, being recruited be a coach that has won a NC and coached a Heisman finalist is not. When you combine that with a more fruitful recruiting area (Howell is from NC), you expect better recruiting.
Again I like Mac Brown it's not a knock on him. I've
Defended him for years against people who have said he's overrated. He's at UNC not Texas. A bball school that has about the same success as we have had. Forget about about UNC for a second Bc and Wake have become better programs that us.

UNC was top 10 when Mac Brown left for Texas.
That is the point.

They hired idiots and then Butch Davis cheated and had them in the top 25 before he got fired for cheating.

Mac is bringing a good coach who can recruits.
2018 UNC was 2-10
In Mac’s first year he got them to 7-6.

Now in his second year they are preseason top 25. Their QB is going to be an NFL draft pick.

I would give my left nut for consecutive top 25 recruiting classes with one in the top 10 like UNC is getting.
I like their QB a lot. Where you really that impressed by that team today? We missed a chip shot fg had 3 turnovers inside their territory and got 3 points. Pitt or wake would have beat them today.

History beyond the last 10 years is meaningless to current recruits. These kids don't care about Jim Brown unless they grew up in CNY. They don't even care about Donovan McNabb or Dwight Freeney. They're not going to UNC because of Lawrence Taylor either. It's about the now.
What is the now UNC lost 6 games last year and 10 two years ago?

What is the now UNC lost 6 games last year and 10 two years ago?
Wow, you are thick. Mack Brown is the now. As I said about 3 posts ago, he has more 10 win seasons than our whole program's history and has won a national championship. How many current FBS coaches have coached in two national championship games and won one?

I like their QB a lot. Where you really that impressed by that team today? We missed a chip shot fg had 3 turnovers inside their territory and got 3 points. Pitt or wake would have beat them today.
UNC is.my second team due to where I have my degrees.
Surprised Dasher hasn’t mocked me for it yet honestly.
I know the problems.

Syracuse problem has been getting playmakers.
We aren’t getting those 4 stars that even teams like Wake is getting.
Dino deserves criticism but he is the guy for this job.

Mack Brown is going to make UNC top 25 almost every year.
He can recruit and the biggest thing is he knows how to use his talent.
Mack had UNC top 10 in 1997. I remember the top 10 battle UNC-Florida State had on espn primetime with Ron Franklin. Then he left for Texas.

Wake and BC we can beat right now.
Those teams we will go .500 over 10 years against. Our defense right now is solid.
Dino deserves criticism for going all in with Tommy DeVito we have to get production from the QB. QB play can mask inferior talent. Our QB hasn’t done that.

Mac Brown is a good coach. He's at UNC not Texas. UNC has a zillion more stud in-state recruits than we do.

FIFY.

He’s won a Natty.
and he’s at a school (again) with fertile in-state recruiting grounds.

vs.

Yeah, we have exactly none of that.

FIFY.

He’s won a Natty.

vs.

We got a no huddle offense:oops:

Wow, you are thick. Mack Brown is the now. As I said about 3 posts ago, he has more 10 win seasons than our whole program's history and has won a national championship. How many current FBS coaches have coached in two national championship games and won one?
UNC is.my second team due to where I have my degrees.
Surprised Dasher hasn’t mocked me for it yet honestly.
I know the problems.

Syracuse problem has been getting playmakers.
We aren’t getting those 4 stars that even teams like Wake is getting.
Dino deserves criticism but he is the guy for this job.

Mack Brown is going to make UNC top 25 almost every year.
He can recruit and the biggest thing is he knows how to use his talent.
Mack had UNC top 10 in 1997. I remember the top 10 battle UNC-Florida State had on espn primetime with Ron Franklin. Then he left for Texas.

Wake and BC we can beat right now.
Those teams we will go .500 over 10 years against. Our defense right now is solid.
Dino deserves criticism for going all in with Tommy DeVito we have to get production from the QB. QB play can mask inferior talent. Our QB hasn’t done that.
ok forget about UNC. We will agree to disagree on them. We should be able to compete with the programs like Bc wake or nc State. A decent team would have won today.

FIFY.

He’s won a Natty.

vs.

NC high school football is ranked 20th btw. Pretty good but far from being Florida or Texas.

ok forget about UNC. We will agree to disagree on them. We should be able to compete with the programs like Bc wake or nc State. A decent team would have won today.
A decent team probably causes UNC to play differently.
We could have won today with a competent offense but I am not saying the game goes our way.

We can beat Wake/BC this year. We don’t lose to them every year. It’s been pretty close to .500 since we joined the ACC with them. We went 1-1 vs. them last year.
NC State again we can beat them this year.
UNC is a preseason top 25. If our fans didn’t realize we were big underdogs today for a reason.
Plus this was the first game of the season where we had no spring practice and less than full preseason schedule due to the pandemic.
Our team better improve.

In Georgia they have to compete with the sec schools. What about UNC impressed you today?
Their running games ability to run outside the tackles

A decent team probably causes UNC to play differently.
We could have won today with a competent offense but I am not saying the game goes our way.

We can beat Wake/BC this year. We don’t lose to them every year. It’s been pretty close to .500 since we joined the ACC with them. We went 1-1 vs. them last year.
NC State again we can beat them this year.
UNC is a preseason top 25. If our fans didn’t realize we were big underdogs today for a reason.
Plus this was the first game of the season where we had no spring practice and less than full preseason schedule due to the pandemic.
Our team better improve.
UNC very well might win a bunch of games this year. I was not the least bit impressed with them. They should have been down 20-10 heading into the 4th qtr. This team better improve and they better beat teams like Bc and Wake. This is Dinos 5th year.

Their running games ability to run outside the tackles
In the 4th qtr when the game got out of hand they did nothing for 3 qtrs. They should have been down 10 going into the 4th.

In the 4th qtr when the game got out of hand they did nothing for 3 qtrs. They should have been down 10 going into the 4th.
They should have. Their D didn’t get tired like ours did though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom