The long term | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The long term

FIFY.

He’s won a Natty.
and he’s at a school (again) with fertile in-state recruiting grounds.

vs.

Yeah, we have exactly none of that.

To add to that just viewed there recruiting class for 2021 which ranks 12th nationally so far according to 247. Of their 16 committments, 14 come from the Carolinas. We have to come to reality that we do not have this in-state luxury.

To add to that just viewed there recruiting class for 2021 which ranks 12th nationally so far according to 247. Of their 16 committments, 14 come from the Carolinas. We have to come to reality that we do not have this in-state luxury.
You can recruit other states.

UNC very well might win a bunch of games this year. I was not the least bit impressed with them. They should have been down 20-10 heading into the 4th qtr. This team better improve and they better beat teams like Bc and Wake. This is Dinos 5th year.

This is Dino’s 5th year.
We didn’t have a spring practice.
We didn’t have a full summer practice.

Our talent is not as good as UNC.

The offense deserves criticism.
What do you want a new HC?

Who?

This is Dino’s 5th year.

Who?
I'm not saying I want a new hc right now but if this team wins 3 or 4 games this year it's worth having a discussion whether Dino is the right guy or not.

Mac is a much better coach than Dino. National Championship. Has had success at the highest level. There is no comparison.

This is Dino’s 5th year.

Who?
I don't really understand that argument which is made by lots on this Board? Who else could we get? I mean are we just supposed to say that's it, this is what we are? Dino has been that impressive that there isn't another coach out there who may be better and would come here? It's not my job as the fan to know "who's next", it's Wildhacks and if he hasn't thought about putting a list together he should give his raise back. If we are keeping Dino because we believe or fear that he is the only coach who will come here, we need to shut it down. This year everyone gets a pass, but if this show continues next year we better not keep anyone around because we believe nobody else will come.

At this point Dino isnt in Cutts league as a coach.
Cutliffe also has been there 13 years and had P5 expeirence

I suggest everyone crank down expectations.

enjoy having games, critique the game itself but the trajectory of our program imo is in a holding pattern.

our season became an afterthought once they changed the schedule on the fly. We need OOC as our springboard For success. We don’t have enough internal options to conduct three deep practices

enjoy sports and hope for a vaccine

Mac Brown is a good coach. He's at UNC not Texas. UNC has less history than we do.
Agreed. It is frustrating to see other coaches come in and have success pretty quick (UNC, Louisville, even GT looks greatly improved.) While we have the same old same ol. I don't expect to be Clemson but I expect a team that is competitive

I don't really understand that argument which is made by lots on this Board? Who else could we get? I mean are we just supposed to say that's it, this is what we are? Dino has been that impressive that there isn't another coach out there who may be better and would come here? It's not my job as the fan to know "who's next", it's Wildhacks and if he hasn't thought about putting a list together he should give his raise back. If we are keeping Dino because we believe or fear that he is the only coach who will come here, we need to shut it down. This year everyone gets a pass, but if this show continues next year we better not keep anyone around because we believe nobody else will come.
If you want to replace the HC we have to be able to expect to get a better coach.
What coach is going to take the SU job after running off this HC as quickly as we did.

If you want to replace the HC we have to be able to expect to get a better coach.
What coach is going to take the SU job after running off this HC as quickly as we did.
I just look at it differently. I don't think six years is quick and I think all these ambitious football coaches think they can do the job. I think we would have candidates. Good? That's Wildhacks job and if he's good at it he will find someone.

Six years and a record more than 10 games under .500 would be quick?

I just look at it differently. I don't think six years is quick and I think all these ambitious football coaches think they can do the job. I think we would have candidates. Good? That's Wildhacks job and if he's good at it he will find someone.

Six years is an eternity at the D1 P5 level if SU let Babers go next year. He would in no way have been "run off"

I don’t think we are a destination job in football.

I don’t think we can get a better HC than Dino Babers right now.
Now if we suck really bad this year and next year then okay maybe the discussion takes place but not now.

Our main problem right now is QB play. The QB can cover up the rest of the offense.
Dungey made chicken chit into chicken salad.

I gave DeVito a pass last year I wasn’t hard on him. Yesterday I am ready to see Culpepper and the true freshman given series.
I can’t take the same old chit drive after drive.

Six years and a record more than 10 games under .500 would be quick?
Yes.
The recruiting is starting to finally become solid.
Babers see weakness and addresses them.
Our first year the secondary wasn’t even MAC quality.
We got torched by everyone in the air.

Our strength right now is the secondary.
Our DL has gotten solid.

Dino made a mistake going all-in with DeVito post Dungey that is on him.
Harris and Johnson might not be elite but they are servicable.

Dino is building depth in the pipelines on the OL for the future.

We need QB play to be a lot better.

Well if Brad Stevens can’t beat the Heat, perhaps the Celtics begin to questi...

Wrong board

At this point Dino isnt in Cutts league as a coach.
Not disagreeing with you at all. Not sure if more time truly helps dino but it’s at least fair to say maybe there’s an argument that this program needs more time rather than starting over again. Don’t know if it’s true but I think it’s a fair point to argue.

Well if Brad Stevens can’t beat the Heat, perhaps the Celtics begin to questi...

Wrong board
If you listen to the stupidest form of media the Boston sports media Stevens should have been fired if they lost Friday.

The 2019 season is the stain on Dino’s ledger.

I believe he needs to bring in more QBs.
You can’t go all-in with one we have right now. The kid has talent but we need more options.

If you listen to the stupidest form of media the Boston sports media Stevens should have been fired if they lost Friday.

The 2019 season is the stain on Dino’s ledger.

I believe he needs to bring in more QBs.
You can’t go all-in with one we have right now. The kid has talent but we need more options.
Absolutely agree. But I do feel there are adjustments that could be made with the pieces in hand. We have two physical receivers who can impose themselves on the outside, Queeley and Ed. We have two receivers lauded for their ability to make plays once they get the ball, Harris and N Johnson. I agree with many board members that perhaps its time Harris and Johnson attack the middle of the field in space or in stride, while we give the go routes and sideline plays to the big young cats. Ishmael didn’t randomly become dominant in 2017, he developed through 3-4 years. Id love to see Ed and Anthony get a similar opportunity now that we’re minus C Jordan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom