The Midwest region is ridiculous | Syracusefan.com

The Midwest region is ridiculous

Discuss.
Hell yeah it is. Anybody who thinks UL walks to the final 4 is kidding themselves. Just last week many had Duke crowned and they are the 2 seed. You also never count out MSU. I don't think UL makes the final 4. The crap they get away with in league will be called in the tourney.

that's what happens when you go away from the true S curve. Same thing happened to #1 overall Ohio St. in 2011. They got #2 UNC, #3 Cuse, #4 Kentucky in by far the toughest region.

I got Duke winning it all :eek:

Unfortunately, me too. I have them beating Louisville because you know darn well that the Cardinal's hand checks and bodying will not be tolerated against the chosen ones.

I don't think it looks any different than any other bracket. In fact of all the brackets I think this bracket is most likely to hold chalk.

What's the biggest upset pick in there? 5 OSU vs 12 Oregon? I'm not seeing anything else.

I think from the 1seed's perspective, the strength of the #2 and #3 get overstated because you only have to play one of those teams. It does suck for Duke & Mich. St. But for L'ville it's really not that bad a draw. They get two home games and then probably St. Louis who despite all the love they're getting, is the 3rd ranked #4 in kenpom behind us and Michigan.

I don't think it looks any different than any other bracket. In fact of all the brackets I think this bracket is most likely to hold chalk.

What's the biggest upset pick in there? 5 OSU vs 12 Oregon? I'm not seeing anything else.
you don't think Duke/MSU is a biggie for a sweet 16? with l'vll then having to deal with the winner?
From my perspective: Duke should be a 1 seed and instead they're a 2 seed with the toughest number one - along with an MSU team that is frightening as he11 when they play anywhere close to full potential.
Not to mention SLU, which is probably playing better than any of the other 4 seeds right now.
Easily the toughest of the 4 brackets.

IDK, every 2 vs 3 is for the sweet 16. Michigan State has 8 losses. I don't see anything out of the ordinary with them and to me not much if anything separates them from the other 3's; Florida, Marquette and New Mexico.

Is Duke really harder than the other #2s ; Georgetown, Miami or Ohio State? Miami not only won the ACC tourney, they won the regular season and split head to head with Duke. GTown won the Big East and beat LVille head to head and Ohio State won the Big 10.

St Louis? blah. Who's their biggest win? Butler, VCU ?

Louisville should cruise to the Elite 8 and at that point their opponent should be tough.

Hell yeah it is. Anybody who thinks UL walks to the final 4 is kidding themselves. Just last week many had Duke crowned and they are the 2 seed. You also never count out MSU. I don't think UL makes the final 4. The crap they get away with in league will be called in the tourney.
Like it was called last year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom