The new Orange | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The new Orange

For what it's worth outside I think one brief clip of Jesse and a pic of JBA there hasn't been anything other than a few dunk clips.

The way things are going post play may end up residing mostly at the college level for what is left. In just 5-6 yrs the NBA went from having 13 guys who posted up more than 30 pct of possessions to 4 guys just this past year. Either you can run the PNR, be a pick and pop big or a rim protector/rebounder.

Perfect example is a guy like Coburn. 20 yrs ago he is probably a top 5 pick at worst top 15.

With Cole if he can attack a closeout and be faster on D- his effectiveness is likely higher than posting up much. I think he is capable after watching Nova games and highlight after he announced. The Dinosaur in me loves that part lf.thr game but it's an endangered species to put it mildly. So it will be interesting how he and JB Jr are utilized.

I just saw in another thread that 11 ACC teams are projected to have three guard lineups.

My dream is to see Swider or Williams taking virtually uncontested 12 ft turnarounds while "guarded" by a perimeter player 5 inches shorter.

This will force opposing teams to put guys out there that they would rather have on the bench.

For once, our lineup will force matchups out of the other team.

I’ve been told Cole and Benny have been doing extremely well so far.

Haven’t heard much about Jimmy Boeheim or Symir but doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. Just know Cole and Benny have been raising some eyebrows

I’ve been told Cole and Benny have been doing extremely well so far.

Haven’t heard much about Jimmy Boeheim or Symir but doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. Just know Cole and Benny have been raising some eyebrows
I am not shocked that these two are standing out. I really think this is going to be a great year.

I am not shocked that these two are standing out. I really think this is going to be a great year.

You know... I always talk myself into how we're going to have a great year. I only just broke the habit in football, basketball will be a few decades.

But somehow this year seems different. So much is going to be different this year. I think our mix could be really great.

A whole new team with only two regulars returning.

Two legendary coaches retiring in the league.

NIL changing everything, and Syracuse seeming to be on top of it.

I'm very excited for the upcoming season.

You know... I always talk myself into how we're going to have a great year. I only just broke the habit in football, basketball will be a few decades.

But somehow this year seems different. So much is going to be different this year. I think our mix could be really great.

A whole new team with only two regulars returning.

Two legendary coaches retiring in the league.

NIL changing everything, and Syracuse seeming to be on top of it.

I'm very excited for the upcoming season.

I love the optimism. It's great to hear about Cole and Benny because talent wise they are head and shoulders #2 and #3 on the team. So having your most talented players showing up as your best players is great news. Jesse comes in next for me there and hopefully good news on that front too.

With Jimmy and Symir- you have your hardhat guys Jimmy a swiss army knife and Symir the true PG without much flash.

This is a team that should be on the plus side of the bubble with the opportunity to be pretty good if some things go right. The news on Benny and Cole is a positive step forward.

I just saw in another thread that 11 ACC teams are projected to have three guard lineups.

My dream is to see Swider or Williams taking virtually uncontested 12 ft turnarounds while "guarded" by a perimeter player 5 inches shorter.

This will force opposing teams to put guys out there that they would rather have on the bench.

For once, our lineup will force matchups out of the other team.
Your dream is extremely inefficient and not a key to success in modern basketball.

Your dream is extremely inefficient and not a key to success in modern basketball.

Bah, you may be right in the overall sense... But it would be like getting layups.

You can use "popping for uncontested threes with a guy 5 inches shorter unable to affect the shot" if you don't like to dream about mid post play.

Jimmy and Buddy are working out in California.

EE99703B-7A52-42CB-BDCC-0479832196F3.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom