The next 5 teams we play all stink | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The next 5 teams we play all stink

I think we can win all those games and we can lose all those games. There are only a few games that I am pretty sure we will lose outside of that every game is a coin flip which is why despite our record and lackluster play at times we all continue to tune in.

Huh? Take it up with Ken Pomeroys formula. We are in the 70s FYI.
I just think they’re not as good as top 40, and syracuse probably isn’t as good as top 70, but neither are “good” teams

Of course. But I don’t care about them - purely looking at this as an Orange homer.

I know we aren’t good, but if I didn’t think we could beat a 12-10 team, well….I won’t even be following this anymore, if it gets to that point.
I don't think anyone said Virginia Tech could not be beaten. The point was that they do not stink, at least relative to Syracuse.

BC twice, VT, GT, Louisville….they all stink. Can we win all 5?

If we get to 16-11 with 4 games left(1 good team in Duke, and 3 decent teams in UNC, ND, and Miami), can we possibly play ourselves onto the bubble? Would 19-12 going into the ACC tourney give us a shot?

* I fully expect to basically keep doing what we’ve been doing and play .500 ball the rest of the way, but can at least realistically hope for better after the last couple games.
Unfortunately I think you are in for a rude awakening. I think best case scenario over the next 5 is 3-2. Va Tech on the road and one of the BC games is a loss. BC is solid this year.

It’s weird. They are 7 spots worse in Bart Torvik and we are about 10 spots better than we are on KP. I know they say preseason predictions eventually fall out of KP, but there’s something in there that doesn’t make sense.

Their efficiency numbers seem to be carrying them on KP. Seen it before with teams like Wisconsin as well where KP can be a little higher.

If we get to 16-11 with 4 games left(1 good team in Duke, and 3 decent teams in UNC, ND, and Miami), can we possibly play ourselves onto the bubble? Would 19-12 going into the ACC tourney give us a shot?

* I fully expect to basically keep doing what we’ve been doing and play .500 ball the rest of the way, but can at least realistically hope for better after the last couple games.
League is so down this year that it's entirely possible...

Really? That one game would be a fireable offense? If the coaching carousel spun that easy their would be many more coaches out of work
UVA lost to NAVY at JPJ.

I think they could do it, but I won’t hold my breath. One game at a time. They need to start playing defense like they did the second half of the Wake game. Btw, Va Tech is high in the NET and KenPom metrics, so a win against them on the road would be Q1. Same with ND and UNC. But we have to start with beating the Ville at home this weekend!

Virginia Tech is at least 15 - 20 places ahead of Syracuse in every "objective" ranking system I have seen.
Agreed. But the eye test is a whole other story. Lol.
It’s weird. They are 7 spots worse in Bart Torvik and we are about 10 spots better than we are on KP. I know they say preseason predictions eventually fall out of KP, but there’s something in there that doesn’t make sense.
KenPom does feel a little off this season.

If we win every game left we would be 20-11 with wins over UNC, Duke, Miami, and Notre Dame on the road. I have a hard time believing we would be left out of a tournament with 68 teams.

Yeah no doubt on this one. Add in the Indiana win and the SOS in the non conference.

Sure it can happen bur I'm sure they'll slip one game hopefully not two but I don't know I'm not sold yet, we got to be consistent!!
I mean the big picture, we're not going anywhere but that is fine.
but it would be nice to make something out of this season that was not expected at all for most of the year

It is very hard to engage at this point because the ACC is so down this year that I really don't know how many tournament beds they will even get maybe three at this point.
If they just move the ball on offense find a good shot they could beat any of the teams because they have so many great shooters but that's a big if because sometimes you fall back into that same old isolation crap but you shall see I mean to have been playing better lately especially swider

i think the best chance is getting on the opposite side of the bracket as duke in the acct...with as high a seed as possible to limit number of game and avoiding them...getting hot and grabbing an auto bid

Some of these losses arent too bad Auburn is the best team in the country, Nova, FL State, Duke, VCU, I dont know not so bad. THey have to win the next 5 and win their homes games to have any hope whatsoever.

No. Calipari lost to Evansville a few years back. That team finished 9-23 and went 0-18 in the MVC.
How were calipari’s 7 years before that loss?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom