The no overturn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The no overturn

so they have a center which i would hope means a few people and they still messed that call up

Not sure if anyone notice. But on a few possessions A. Cordy lined up on the outside and on island with a Clemson receiver. Talk about mismatch!. One of those times I believe it was Tee Higgins that shook him and ran down field for a long completion. It surprised me a bit as saw it happened more than once.
I just didn't get the strategy behind it,...was one of ours corners hurt or were the coaches cycling DBs based on formation that Clemson had on the field? Not saying that Cordy wasn't capable of doing his job, just figure you'd want to have the best matches out there on against the bigger Clemson receivers.

1Capture.PNG

That’s the video angle they showed in the dome. While at first glance it appears he is out of bounds, it’s not conclusive because you can’t tell if his heel or any part of his foot is “down”. That’s why there’s another angle which is the pic I posted where it appears his foot may not have touched the ground out of bounds.

More importantly, DeVito will learn to recognize when a player from the opposing defense is slow to get off the field, and call for the snap. It happened twice last night in crucial situations when we could have really used the illegal subsitution penalty.

The crowd was incensed. Everyone had the sense of urgency to snap the ball.

Re: OT: If Cordy didn't take a bad angle, they force a punt. Cordy and Foster are to blame there. Never put it in the refs hands.

I can't tell anything from the pics being posted in this thread. Where is the sideline shot?

but the 12 men there is no excuse..

still would like to make them record the discussions when they do these so people really knew what they were watching

That’s the video angle they showed in the dome. While at first glance it appears he is out of bounds, it’s not conclusive because you can’t tell if his heel or any part of his foot is “down”. That’s why there’s another angle which is the pic I posted where it appears his foot may not have touched the ground out of bounds.

when you watch him run in slow mo his heel firmly plants on the ground. there is no doubt about this, you can see his ankle hinge. He's not tight roping there on the side of his foot. Also, in slow-mo zoom you can see the white turf has either moved or an indentation when he picks his foot up. I think people are right in that the turf might not be a straight line there (exactly where his foot hits - what are the chances) but anybody can conclude it should be. If that was chalk it would've been an easy overturn.

you can see the line has moved. if you watch the frame by frame you can also tell his complete foot hit the ground and you can see the turf move and the white has changed positions.

You edited your post because those pics weren’t in it when I replied.

While I see your point, I’m not sure I’m 100% convinced. I can’t tell if his foot hit the line and moved it or if it’s a slightly crooked line. Do we use chalk? Paint? Line is built into the turf?

Not sure if anyone notice. But on a few possessions A. Cordy lined up on the outside and on island with a Clemson receiver. Talk about mismatch!. One of those times I believe it was Tee Higgins that shook him and ran down field for a long completion. It surprised me a bit as saw it happened more than once.
I just didn't get the strategy behind it,...was one of ours corners hurt or were the coaches cycling DBs based on formation that Clemson had on the field? Not saying that Cordy wasn't capable of doing his job, just figure you'd want to have the best matches out there on against the bigger Clemson receivers.
Think we were banged up in the secondary and I truly believe Clemson knew - if needed - they could have attacked that match up much more than they did. I don't think Lawrrence was right - he seemed to be stiff in his arm and his throws were ...shaky. Any team that sees an ISO on Cordy is going to attack it.

it would be an interesting question on field turf fields.. so you are 1/2 from the line and you foot slides an inch side ways but it just slides the green turf but not actually touches the white are you in our out? you are clearly outside the line, but you moved the line?

the line is made of turf. As PHAT said.. when you watch the frame by frame slow mo his foot touches, no doubt on that the white moves and you can even see in the pre and post touch frames its moved.

I find myself wondering what the call would be on a natural grass field where that part of the sideline stripe had been obliterated by a previous play. If the stripe is missing, is there no out-of-bounds at that point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom