The no overturn | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The no overturn

Give me a break guy. Use your phone to zoom in on upperdeck’s third picture to see his foot over the line and the picture with the 12th man still on the field with the ball on the way to the QB. We wouldn’t have won anyway it just would have made the game more interesting for a little longer. It’s cut and dry unless you are Stevie Wonder.
Guy? Who are you? Didn't look cut and dry to me and judging by this thread I'm not the only one...

Guy? Who are you? Didn't look cut and dry to me and judging by this thread I'm not the only one...

That’s a shocker that a forum mostly comprised of 60 to 70 year olds that a few might have a problem seeing something in detail.

As long as the player leaves the field on his next step (approximate) when the ball is snapped they are taught not to call it. Think about how many times you see this. Happened a ton last year too.

What does the rule say? If it is a reviewable play they must enforce it to the letter of the rule.

I dont know the technicalities, but from what I saw on my big a** tv was his foot would have been ON the line had there not been an inexplicable missing triangle of paint EXACTLY where his foot appeared to land. Crazy stuff.

if you watch the play in frame by frame mode his foot touches the ground.

just for fun today i had a mtg on campus so i went by our field turf.. the turf is a bout 3/4 long.. you could put your foot down and move it a good 1/2 inch into the white without touching it.

How can you tell from that angle?

Was easy for me to see when I zoomed in and saw the ample space between the black line and Cooney’s sneakers.

you can see the line has moved. if you watch the frame by frame you can also tell his complete foot hit the ground and you can see the turf move and the white has changed positions.
That’s what I saw too on the replay in the Dome. The field turf had and arch along the line after his foot lifted.

Seems pretty obvious the guy was out. Refs blew it, like many other calls. Clemson's a great team and deserved to win. They don't need southern cooking from the officials - like continuously calling interference and holding on one team when it's obviously going on at both ends.

Oh well. BOL to the Tigers going forward. They're really talented.

1568735032743.png

Last edited:
Seems pretty obvious the guy was out. Refs blew it, like many other calls. Clemson's a great team and deserved to win. They don't need southern cooking from the officials - like continuously calling interference and holding on one team when it's obviously going on at both ends.

View attachment 170079

Because of this thread I had to go back and look at it again in slo mo and freeze frame. Watching that and then looking at upperdecks 3 still frames in his post further up, I concluded that the “missing” part of the white line was there before hand and that where his foot landed was on green. His first photo shows the missing part of the white line. I can see why the refs called it in bounds.

View attachment 170079

You are really fixated on this southern thing. There were bad calls in the Big East too.

You are really fixated on this southern thing. There were bad calls in the Big East too.
"Fixated" lol. Not sure about that, but regrettably there's a perception that we don't get a fair shake from ACC officials. Same old story Saturday.

Last edited:
But it seems weird to focus on the turf, when was clearly planted beyond the inbounds/out of bounds line (seen vertically).

And that was only one of the calls I thought was suspect. I don't want to obsess about it because we weren't going to win the game. But I watched the Clemson LT hook our DE and throw him to the ground at least 3 times - nothing. One of the interference calls was coming right towards our section and both players had locked each other up. That should have been a no-call, given that they never called the same contact on Clemson. The "snap infratction" was ridiculous - that TD can't clap too suddenly. And the "procedure" calls on SU for players in motion that didn't stop and get completely still ... incredibly picky ... with no similar calls on Clemson. They sucked. BUt Clemson's really good. So I'm over it.

There is no line there though. There should be but there wasn’t. That’s what made an overturn difficult. Where his foot comes down is green but should have been white.

Clemson is a National Championship contender, the only one, in a Conference that sends reviews to central Command for review.

They lose, Conference loses $50m

He's in-bounds, just like there were no judgement calls against them for 30 mins. Fact of life in Football, 2019.

In 1976 Michigan could have won the Big Ten like $300k extra by beating Minnesota, different story.

They froze it on TV and the retired official they consult thought it was right. I thought it could've gone either way.
Those retired refs in the studios are all doofuses. They add nothing, imo.

There is no line there though. There should be but there wasn’t. That’s what made an overturn difficult. Where his foot comes down is green but should have been white.
If Jake was still our AD... he'd be out there on Monday am with a lit cigarette dangling from his mouth while spraying white paint onto that green turf.

Rewatched the game last night for the first time. Replay from behind showed he was out. So there

Rewatched the game last night for the first time. Replay from behind showed he was out. So there

Out if you drew an imaginary line or out because his foot touched white turf?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom