The Official "Favorite Liquor Drink" Post | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Official "Favorite Liquor Drink" Post

Jack and water. Tall glass. Minimizes the effect of alcohol with all that water, meaning it keeps you hydrated NEVER resulting in any hangover effect whatsoever.

I got so many good ideas from the Favorite Beer Post, we have a few more days of no hoops news and apparently no Fabricio De Melo news, and I'm a lush, so why not...

Jim Beam & Coke all year
Grey Goose & Soda in the summer

Ketel on the rocks if I want vodka.
Oban on the rocks or neat if I want a single malt.
Johnny Walker on the rocks or neat if I want a blend.

Right now I'm staring at a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon on my desk at work.

Life is good.

Ketel on the rocks if I want vodka.
Oban on the rocks or neat if I want a single malt.
Johnny Walker on the rocks or neat if I want a blend.

Right now I'm staring at a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon on my desk at work.

Life is good.
What year are you living in? 1958?

What year are you living in? 1958?

Work in advertising (digital/creative side of things) in NYC. It's not Mad Men, but there are some remnants.

Summer: Mojitos...
Rest of the Year: Moscow Mules...Vodka, ginger beer and lime.

Scotch over bourbon...no contest. Anything under 15 year isnt worth the time.

Work in advertising (digital/creative side of things) in NYC. It's not Mad Men, but there are some remnants.
Personally, I think thats awesome. I just thought it was extinct.

I got so many good ideas from the Favorite Beer Post, we have a few more days of no hoops news and apparently no Fabricio De Melo news, and I'm a lush, so why not...

Jim Beam & Coke all year
Grey Goose & Soda in the summer

If I'm not drinking wine or beer:

I drink a Margarita; 2 oz 1800 tequila, 1 oz Grand Marnier, 4 oz sweet and sour mix, lots of ice, shaken and poured into a salt-rimmed glass

or a Hurricane; 4 oz Pat O'Brien's Hurricane mix plus 4 oz rum

or occasionally Maker's Mark straight up

Anything less is bourgeois. And you sir, are better than that!

Anything less is bourgeois. And you sir, are better than that!

I never appreciated the difference until someone bought me a nice bottle...

What do you drink your Moscow Mules out of? We put 'em in copper mugs at the bar, Abilene, where I work in Rochester. Popular drink, particularly in the summer. Problem is, we now have to take someone's driver's license or credit card when they order a Moscow Mule because at least a dozen copper mugs have been stolen.

Stop in next time you're in Rochester, the first Moscow Mule's on me (the poster formerly known as Richierocafella).

Give me Southern Comfort some ginger ale and a lil bit of cranberry juice on top and I'm all set, that is my favorite drink...
I also enjoy Red Stag, neat.
JD on the rocks.
Capt, Morgan and some Coke.

No Vodka ever again for me, one night in college for me was enough for a life time...:bat:

What do you drink your Moscow Mules out of? We put 'em in copper mugs at the bar, Abilene, where I work in Rochester. Popular drink, particularly in the summer. Problem is, we now have to take someone's driver's license or credit card when they order a Moscow Mule because at least a dozen copper mugs have been stolen.

Stop in next time you're in Rochester, the first Moscow Mule's on me (the poster formerly known as Richierocafella).

Hey Richie! Wondered where you went...great to hear from you. I drink them in copper cups in bars (those that have them...they have the same thief problems out here). Honestly, I like them out of a glass too.

Which bar you work at Richie?

Give me Southern Comfort some ginger ale and a lil bit of cranberry juice on top and I'm all set, that is my favorite drink...
I also enjoy Red Stag, neat.
JD on the rocks.
Capt, Morgan and some Coke.

No Vodka ever again for me, one night in college for me was enough for a life time...:bat:

You absolutely just graduated from college with the SoCo.

Had so many unfortunate incidents with it that the smell makes me gag.

Richierocafella didn't fit on one line when we changed venues,so I went with a nickname a reggae musician friend gave me...has somethin' to do with Toots Hibbert (of Toots and the Maytals).

A close friend owns an old "corner saloon" downtown named Abilene (named for his favorite Dave Alvin tune). We're a small joint, but we've become a significant music club. Have had some great shows ... national and local acts. We're also the Roots/Americana stage for the 9-day Xerox Rochester International Jazz Fest in June. Our joint's small, but the jazz fest stage can accommodate about 475 in tent in our parking lot.

I was working behind the bar for this show last month...Kirchen's the best, great guy, great musician.

Hey Richie! Wondered where you went...great to hear from you. I drink them in copper cups in bars (those that have them...they have the same thief problems out here). Honestly, I like them out of a glass too.

Which bar you work at Richie?

I was workin' this night last month, too ... this kid, David Mayfield, is hot ... his sister, Jessica Lea, has been creating a bit of a buzz, has been touring with Ryan Adams.

You absolutely just graduated from college with the SoCo.

Had so many unfortunate incidents with it that the smell makes me gag.

Yeah, I've heard it from a lot of other people too, SoCo is a college drink and that people "older" hate it, me on the other hand, I love it, so smooth

What was yours again?

Yeah, I've heard it from a lot of other people too, SoCo is a college drink and that people "older" hate it, me on the other hand, I love it, so smooth

What was yours again?

My friends and i will occasionally drink nasty college shots (Goldshlager, Rumplemintz, SoCo, etc) so I get it. SoCo and lime isn't awful but the smell still gets me.

Belvedere or Ketel and tonic is my preferred drink.

My friends and i will occasionally drink nasty college shots (Goldshlager, Rumplemintz, SoCo, etc) so I get it. SoCo and lime isn't awful but the smell still gets me.

Belvedere or Ketel and tonic is my preferred drink.

Haven't tried SoCo lime nor the Tabasco SoCo and I never will, why fix something if it isn't broke...;)

Yeah, I can't do vodka, that one night in college screwed it all up for me...whenever I smell Vodka I get nauseous

I'm a Kettle and soda guy year round and I tend to like a good scotch in fall winter.

Sambuca con mosca with espresso on the side and a cannoli...a must do at least once a week!

Senza dubbio. Il problema e' che trovare un espresso buono qua negli Stati Uniti e' difficile...

La Grappa non mi e' mai piaciuta...ed io sono Toscano...figura ti...
Anch'io no piace la Grappa, ma mia madre, chi e da Trieste ,piace troppo. Grappa for those who are wondering is Italian Moonshine.

18 year old Jamesons - fantastic, then Jamesons straight or with ginger ale when I'm trying to slow down.

Also involving jamesons - green tea shots