The one thing that would make next years team perfect | Syracusefan.com

The one thing that would make next years team perfect

GooseMutt

All Conference
For me it is Battles ‘s return. I just don’t see him going in 1st round given all the talent out there this year. His return with all his experience would bring the leadership and intensity we will need. He will be on a highly ranked team that’s gonna get a lot of attention and press. That’s the best way to get NBA s attention

Apologies for stating the obvious

For me it would be having Sidibe be a legitimate low post back to the basket option. It's been a while since teams couldn't ignore our center on offense, and, even with Battle gone, we'll have options on the perimeter.

What ever happened to Melo Trimble?

For me it would be having Sidibe be a legitimate low post back to the basket option. It's been a while since teams couldn't ignore our center on offense, and, even with Battle gone, we'll have options on the perimeter.
That would be a luxury and an added dimension we need. Imagine what our full court press would be like with all this length,athleticism and depth of bench. Might be better than the zone itself

For me it is Battles ‘s return. I just don’t see him going in 1st round given all the talent out there this year. His return with all his experience would bring the leadership and intensity we will need. He will be on a highly ranked team that’s gonna get a lot of attention and press. That’s the best way to get NBA s attention

Apologies for stating the obvious
This is just flat out wrong.

The NBA doesn't care if your a team with a lot of attention and press.

They care can you play.

Coming back does nothing to help Battle's NBA stock unless he becomes Buddy Hield which he won't.
He is his baked product. He only would return if he wants his degree.

What did 25-0 do for CJ Fair's NBA stock?

It doesn't work like that. NBA drafts on potential after the lottery.

They care can you play.

Coming back does nothing to help Battle's NBA stock unless he becomes Buddy Hield which he won't.

Or even within the lottery.

Battle is more of a luxury than a need. We will have 6 guards if he returns.
True but Battle brings a high level of determination and grit. Frank feeds off it. Battle knows what to do now and how to exploit teams. Be nice to have experienced stars return to finish business

They care can you play.

So in your opinion he’s gone.

They care can you play.

On the other hand, what did it do for Tyler Ennis's NBA stock?

On the other hand, what did it do for Tyler Ennis's NBA stock?
Freshman vs. Senior.

Battle would be a Junior. I hate how the NBA drafts now but age is part of it. A 3rd or 4th year kid is suppose to dominate. A Freshman doesn't have the same standard.

Battle could come back but I think it would be more education/degree than moving up the NBA draft reason.

They care can you play.

Playing on a highly ranked team is a good way to get public attention. Pretty sure NBA scouts know Tyus Battle. He's already been around in college for 2 years

Upon reflection it’s mind blowing we had Hop here along side JB to train and groom these kids. Don’t know what you have till it’s gone

Maybe if Hop was asst coach next year would have been perfect storm

They care can you play.

There will be 50 or more other entrants who "can play."

Center Jordan Brown still available

Hey I’m allowed to dream

Watching Zion Williamswhatever last night- I was thinking goodness, which of our bigs is going to contend with that beef underneath next year? We will be all finesse players. Even Sidibe who seems like he could bulk up a little won't get close to a size that would be needed to muscle that dude in the paint.

Gave you a like for the click-baity subject line, 10/10, would click again.

Watching Zion Williamswhatever last night- I was thinking goodness, which of our bigs is going to contend with that beef underneath next year? We will be all finesse players. Even Sidibe who seems like he could bulk up a little won't get close to a size that would be needed to muscle that dude in the paint.

He's 6'6". We have some long arms he's going to have to shoot over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom