The point I think some are missing.. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The point I think some are missing..

The word "excuse" exposes your bias. There are reasons. Some are valid, some are not.

I personally think we shouldn't jump ship after one bad game. And we should give Wildhack more time to address the larger systemic issues. We should hold them accountable if they don't live up to fixing the reasons as their time in their jobs continue. But applying any issues prior to their arrival is junk.

Eh, not really. Excuses are the game was too emotional due to an ex-coach being on the other side. Those are the type excuses that are BS to me.

Old wounds have nothing to do with this AD or coach. That's on the fans to get over. It's a tumor - this ability to apply old crap to new admin and coach.

As Wildhack has said - it take time to turn the ship around.

You're missing the broader scope. Old wounds certainly heal, but they leave permanent scars. The broader scope is that the powers that be created such an abyss with their neglect to reinvest into the program, it's improbable to get back home, especially with how drastically the college football playing field/landscape changed. We've been turning the ship around for sometime now. By the time we do, the other ships will still be far ahead, as well as likely heading in a yet even a different direction.

They've had turnover. I'd bet there are very few that have been there from P till now.
Talking about the mentality, not the actual people. Until the purse strings are loosened up and their mentality is changed, it's gonna be an uphill battle for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Part of me wonders what would've happened if Gross hired Hackett as HC to keep it going and SS stayed as DC.

I don't think that was ever a possibility. You got a taste of Shafer's insecurities after the game yesterday. If Hackett was named HC, he would have quit.

I wonder what would have happened if Gross hired a human who had been a D1 head coach before. But since he hadn't up until then, no reason to think he would have.

"Keep the faith, have patience." This is something SU fans have heard for over 15 years. All I am reading is a bunch of excuse being made for poor play by the OL, RB, QB, WR but things are going to get better. These are the same excuse that were posted during the Shafer, Morrone, GRob eras, however, it's NOT getting better because I saw that same game played yesterday last year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that...etc.

We keep hearing that because we haven't done it. You can't build a program changing coaches every 3-4 years. it hasn't bene all our fault that that's happened but it has the same effect regardless. We've basically started over each time so the same cliche's continue to apply. We've never gotten beyond the stage where they are true.

Eh, not really. Excuses are the game was too emotional due to an ex-coach being on the other side. Those are the type excuses that are BS to me.

To you. You on the team?

You're missing the broader scope. Old wounds certainly heal, but they leave permanent scars. The broader scope is that the powers that be created such an abyss with their neglect to reinvest into the program, it's improbable to get back home, especially with how drastically the college football playing field/landscape changed. We've been turning the ship around for sometime now. By the time we do, the other ships will still be far ahead, as well as likely heading in a yet even a different direction.

Yeah. Only so much we can do about that stuff now. Complaining sucks tho

This is the only post I'm making on the topic.

MTSU is not Alabama but they aren't Coastal Carolina either. They went to a bowl last year, probably will this year and have NFL talent at QB.

We lost to them in a close game at home. We did not get blown out.

That being said, we were a 10 point favorite and this is a team, if we have progressed, that we should have beaten. And we should have beaten the spread as well. Really no excuse for that, really no excuse for our run game still being this pathetic - the team and the coaching staff deserve criticism for this outcome.

We played poorly and we lost to an inferior opponent. However, I'm not about to abandon a coach, a season, or for *^*^ sakes OUR PROGRAM over 1 loss. The chicken little grandstanding is absolutely pathetic and each and every one of you doing it should be ashamed of yourselves. Grow up and act like adults. Jeez you sound like a child who had their candy taken away from them. It's as pathetic as our loss was.

That being said, on to Central Michigan. I will bet the house that we see a better result next week.

This is the only post I'm making on the topic.

MTSU is not Alabama but they aren't Coastal Carolina either. They went to a bowl last year, probably will this year and have NFL talent at QB.

We lost to them in a close game at home. We did not get blown out.

That being said, we were a 10 point favorite and this is a team, if we have progressed, that we should have beaten. And we should have beaten the spread as well. Really no excuse for that, really no excuse for our run game still being this pathetic - the team and the coaching staff deserve criticism for this outcome.

We played poorly and we lost to an inferior opponent. However, I'm not about to abandon a coach, a season, or for *^*^ sakes OUR PROGRAM over 1 loss. The chicken little grandstanding is absolutely pathetic and each and every one of you doing it should be ashamed of yourselves. Grow up and act like adults. Jeez you sound like a child who had their candy taken away from them. It's as pathetic as our loss was.

That being said, on to Central Michigan. I will bet the house that we see a better result next week.

Amen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom