The reactions from losing fans | Syracusefan.com

The reactions from losing fans

Mistakebythelake90

Scout Team
Especially after big wins, I like to go read (although usually not post) our opponents blogs/message boards to see what they say about the game and Syracuse. So far, the general reaction has been hilarious. Losing to Syracuse has been literally worse than Hitler to our opponents. From the post game chatter of the fans, we're going to get the coaches of N.C. State, Wake, and Maryland fired. You would think that Syracuse has never ever won anything, and that our victories came solely due to our opponents inability to do anything.

It really is amazing how badly the GRob years tarnished our reputation nationally.

I will occasionally post something on other fans boards after we beat them, but nothing will compare to jekelish on Mizzou last year.

Let's hope the Florida State Board is in full meltdown a week from now. That might change the national opine.

One quibble with the OP though, for Syracuse to be "literally worse than Hitler" requires our beloved football team to start a global conflict for seven years author a multimillion casualty genocide. Just saying, I hate it when people misuse literally.

I will occasionally post something on other fans boards after we beat them, but nothing will compare to jekelish on Mizzou last year.

Let's hope the Florida State Board is in full meltdown a week from now. That might change the national opine.

One quibble with the OP though, for Syracuse to be "literally worse than Hitler" requires our beloved football team to start a global conflict for seven years author a multimillion casualty genocide. Just saying, I hate it when people misuse literally.

http://www.newsmax.com/thewire/literally-definition-changes-google/2013/08/15/id/520619

Wow. According to a thread on the Maryland board, Edsall is 0-16 after October 13 the last 3 years.

Especially after big wins, I like to go read (although usually not post) our opponents blogs/message boards to see what they say about the game and Syracuse. So far, the general reaction has been hilarious. Losing to Syracuse has been literally worse than Hitler to our opponents. From the post game chatter of the fans, we're going to get the coaches of N.C. State, Wake, and Maryland fired. You would think that Syracuse has never ever won anything, and that our victories came solely due to our opponents inability to do anything.

It really is amazing how badly the GRob years tarnished our reputation nationally.
Part of it was the perception the Media created that the Big East the past few years was so bad that losing to any team in the Big East is unforgivable. Problem is the ACC (minus the top level teams the past few years Clem, FSU, VT) was equal to the Big East but people don't see that.

Are those reactions really any different than what you read on this board following a similar loss?

The tarnishing of our reputation nationally during the GRob years is well deserved. We see the growth more obviously because we have lived it. Perception is reality. And the only way to change perception is through sustained success - winning.

Speaking of GRob, could Texas lose the rest of their games this year please???

Are those reactions really any different than what you read on this board following a similar loss?

The tarnishing of our reputation nationally during the GRob years is well deserved. We see the growth more obviously because we have lived it. Perception is reality. And the only way to change perception is through sustained success - winning.

Well, we're about to go to our third bowl in four years, so a lot of these fans need to update their perceptions. We've been a decent program for awhile now.

misuseofliterally_160_600_1.jpg

there really is no reason to wish ill on the guy. He did a terrible job here, no question. But he wasn't evil.

I don't hate the guy, and I'm not wishing that bad things happen to him. I don't like Texas, and I don't much care for him either. There's absolutely nothing wrong with rooting against a team.

Why? That's petty. What difference does it make to any SU fan if GRob does well somewhere else. By all accounts, including my personal experience, he is a very nice man who tried his best. Not everyone can succeed as the head person.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Why? That's petty. What difference does it make to any SU fan if GRob does well somewhere else. By all accounts, including my personal experience, he is a very nice man who tried his best. Not everyone can succeed as the head person.

That is good to hear that he's a good guy, however I disagree that it is petty to root against a team. I haven't seen people call it petty to root against Rutgers, or to alter their name when speaking about them. I don't root against GRob - and I'm not saying he's Lane Kiffen or anything, but to expect Cuse fans to wish him the best after the effect he had on our program is naive.

That is good to hear that he's a good guy, however I disagree that it is petty to root against a team. I haven't seen people call it petty to root against Rutgers, or to alter their name when speaking about them. I don't root against GRob - and I'm not saying he's Lane Kiffen or anything, but to expect Cuse fans to wish him the best after the effect he had on our program is naive.
You're rooting against Greg Robinson, not against Texas
I guess I am the bigger person. He came here, he did his best. That's all that can be asked.
I'm sorry that you're self worth so wrapped up in Syracuse football that you have to wish for another human being to fail at his chosen profession. You should see somebody about that.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Part of it was the perception the Media created that the Big East the past few years was so bad that losing to any team in the Big East is unforgivable. Problem is the ACC (minus the top level teams the past few years Clem, FSU, VT) was equal to the Big East but people don't see that.

You trashed the BE.

Now you're trashing the ACC.

You didn't like Marrone. You don't like Shafer.

Is there anything you like about our program?

You trashed the BE.

Now you're trashing the ACC.

You didn't like Marrone. You don't like Shafer.

Is there anything you like about our program?

I trashed the Big East for the way it was run and for the garbage teams it added after Pitt and SU announced they were leaving, not for its on the field product the past couple years. And when did I trash the ACC? You just made that up, seriously!

Who said I didn't like Shafer? You just make stuff up out of the thin air. I guess this post never happened :rolleyes:
Shafer's sideline demeanor has improved since the Clemson game. I give him credit for that. And he looks more confident out there and is willing to take more calculated risks. He is growing into the position nicely. He must get that 6th win this year though as I think getting to a Bowl this year (win or lose that bowl game, don't care) would be a nice springboard to next year and nice start to his head coaching career here at SU.

I don't know what your "obsession" with me and my opinions are but you gotta get over it!!

Not me.

I root hard for the guy. I did last night and I was very happy that his defense made the stop at the end.

He was a good guy. He loved Syracuse and Central NY. And he tried his best.

Anyone who feels as strongly about our community deserves my support. And I give it to him.

I hope he wins every game and goes to a BCS bowl.

To be fair, we have had some ugly blow out losses this season where we looked totally unprepared and outclassed. If I watched a few of those games like the Georgia Tech game, as an opposing fan, I would have marked us down for an easy win. There is no doubt this team has improved as the season has gone along.

One guy on their board said the reason they lost was because their players had to go to class the last two weeks, and ours didn't. When did Maryland become a paragon of academic virtue?

I trashed the Big East for the way it was run and for the garbage teams it added after Pitt and SU announced they were leaving, not for its on the field product the past couple years. And when did I trash the ACC? You just made that up, seriously!

Who said I didn't like Shafer? You just make stuff up out of the thin air. I guess this post never happened :rolleyes:

I don't know what your "obsession" with me and my opinions are but you gotta get over it!!

I believe you just posted that the ACC is the equal of the BE.

That was an effort to trash the conference.

Of course in doing so, you fail to mention Miami, Va Tech, NC, Ga Tech - very good football programs.

I believe two weeks ago you indicated that Shafer should be fired - or words to that effect.

Remember? I pointed out that you seem to pop up more often when the Orange loses or something goes bad for the Program?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm obsessed by your nonsense, but I do find it annoying and ridiculous - and I have to admit - I do find myself feeling the need to respond to it - to make clear how weird it is.

You're right though, I should just ignore it.

I guess I am the bigger person. He came here, he did his best. That's all that can be asked.
I'm sorry that you're self worth so wrapped up in Syracuse football that you have to wish for another human being to fail at his chosen profession. You should see somebody about that.

That's pretty funny. This poor thread is heading downhill fast.

I believe you just posted that the ACC is the equal of the BE.

That was an effort to trash the conference.

Of course in doing so, you fail to mention Miami, Va Tech, NC, Ga Tech - very good football programs.

I believe two weeks ago you indicated that Shafer should be fired - or words to that effect.

Remember? I pointed out that you seem to pop up more often when the Orange loses or something goes bad for the Program?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm obsessed by your nonsense, but I do find it annoying and ridiculous - and I have to admit - I do find myself feeling the need to respond to it - to make clear how weird it is.

You're right though, I should just ignore it.

1) NEVER said Shafer should be fired. Said if he "loses out" (after the GT embarrassment) him being fired isn't out of the question. Obviously he didn't lose out, so he shouldn't be fired. See "IF" is the key word in my sentence which you ignored.
2) I JUST said the Big East "the past couple years" (see that's the part you ignored, talking about the old BE not the current AAC/Big East) was equal to the ACC minus the ACC's top teams of Clem, FSU, VT. That isn't a bash on the ACC if anything its praising the old Big East of the past few years

3) You are OBSESSED with me, I forwarded all your PM's you sent me 2 weeks ago to the powers that be here as proof. They are on it

4) SU won yesterday and I was right after after the game posting. Don't know where you get with I'm only here after SU losing. Once again your obsession clouding your common sense!

Dead on and I think this is fascinating.

So pervasive was the talk of the Big East being not worthy of major conference status, it trickled down to the psyche of the football factories of Wake, NCSU and UMd.

They've been counting us as a W for two years now, and probably still will next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom