The ref conspiracy. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The ref conspiracy.

First off, let me say that we did not lose this game because of the refs. We lost it because of bad offense and ND playing their best game of the year.

That being said...

In what is now our 8th Big East game this year, there is little to no doubt in my mind that the BE refs are absolutely against us.

I reviewed the Cooley play. We had him double teamed for 9 seconds! Then the refs calls a mystery bailout foul on XMas just before the shot clock expires...all while Cooley was throwing elbows like a mad man. That was shocking

Then, Scoop gets called for an offensive foul on a breakaway...horrible

Those two bad calls completely turned the momentum in ND's favor, and they were horrendous calls.

That being said, there have been several other horrendous calls against us this year from the BE refs.

Remember the "moving screen" call against Melo in Villanova when he was handing off the ball and got run into.

There have been many, many others. The Pitt game was atrocious. The Marq and Prov games were extremely bad. It's amazing that we've won as many games in the BE this year, considering we have been playing 5 on 8 every single game.

Believe me I don't believe there is a conspiracy and ultimately it wasn't the bad calls why we lost, BUT my hatred of Tim Higgins gets reinforced every time I see that *sshat waddle up and down the court. After one bad call yesterday I shared my displeasure of Higgins quite loudly to which the bartender replied, "remind me not to get on your bad side."

Believe me I don't believe there is a conspiracy and ultimately it wasn't the bad calls why we lost, BUT my hatred of Tim Higgins gets reinforced every time I see that *sshat waddle up and down the court. After one bad call yesterday I shared my displeasure of Higgins quite loudly to which the bartender replied, "remind me not to get on your bad side."

Yeah, I don't know about a a conspiracy. The bad calls we saw last night were the same bad calls we've been seeing for years.

We got away with a nice open-court mugging of Cooley. They got that preposterous offensive foul on Scoop. They also picked off Southerland with a moving screen on one of their early threes.

I doubt the bad calls evened out, but we lost that game on merit.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a bias toward the favorite, #1 team in the country, favored visitors, etc. Some home games we have been the beneficiaries, but it did seem to be blatant at ND.

They also picked off Southerland with a moving screen on one of their early threes.

Moving screens and guys camped out in the lane (i) kill us, and (ii) dont get called nearly enough. I realize they are not obvious all the time, but our guys are literally getting accosted on d...

I will say we go one call in our favor that I noticed. The alley-oop pass to CJ where a push was called on whatever white stiff was next to him. There was no push there. CJ just flat out blew the catch (or Scoop threw a bad pass).

Wasn't that also the play that Cooley was asking for an elbow call on CJ? Just bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom