The running game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The running game

Hit and Run (no time for anything)
Neal is a scatback
Strickland is a WR but we have enough of those so put him somewhere on defense (safety?)
I can't believe it wasn't rectified in the offseason. I believe in babers offense but I don't know what he's seeing here that we're all missing

I think he knows it, but he's out of humans. One of last year's RB recruits didn't end up making it here, right? Not sure if there were any grad transfers available or not. As Pierre picks up on things we'll see more of him.

RB and OL are both going to take more time to fix.

I think he knows it, but he's out of humans. One of last year's RB recruits didn't end up making it here, right? Not sure if there were any grad transfers available or not. As Pierre picks up on things we'll see more of him.

RB and OL are both going to take more time to fix.
True, but in the meantime, toss sweep to Elmore with McGlauster pulling. Boom. Then run a reverse to Nykeim Johnson. We have some talent, it's just not at RB (until Pierre gets his sea legs).

Last edited:
Even in the RPO situation, the oline have assignments and rules regarding who to block and where to redirect. Remember that zone blocking (in principle) is based on using the defenders declaration against them, essentially you're pushing them in the direction they are already going. They are trying to create running lanes and it shouldnt make much difference where those are, the back needs to be able to improvise on the fly and exploit small creases. I think Strick has done a good job of finding the interior creases, thats why he pretty consistently gains 2 or 3 yards on those dives. But he has not been able to beat a defender in the hole and break through to the second level or deal with the collapse of those running lanes. I think he gets a bad rap on here and people aren't appreciating how difficult it is to do what he's being asked in this system.
I disagree. He seems to lack the vision although his cut for the td was a good read. This game will be telling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom