The season starts on wed | Syracusefan.com

The season starts on wed

Unfortunately, we regressed in the Duke game. We played well enough to win against UNC. Tonight we had as many turnovers as field goals. It was bad, really really bad.

That said, I think we can beat BC, but we need a MUCH better effort and shooting night against Clemson to have a chance.

I think it breaks down like this:

lose out - lol
Beat BC, Lose to Clemson, lose in ACCT - NIT
Lose to BC, Beat Clemson, lose in ACCT - NIT
Beat BC, Lose to Clemson, 1W in ACCT - 50/50 Bubbleville
Beat BC and Clemson, 1 W in ACCT - Dancing
Beat BC and Clemson, 2+ Ws in ACCT - Definitely safe

we didnt play poorly , but god we are just an awful shooting team,.
I don't disagree with you but how can Dolezaj and Moyer continue to play hot potato with the ball, neither shooting and finally someone takes it away. And time and time again we miss right at the basket. At least PC slammed a few shots tonight. When our outside shooting is off and our forwards play hot potato, this team can not score.

we didnt play poorly , but god we are just an awful shooting team,.

I don't disagree with you but how can Dolezaj and Moyer continue to play hot potato with the ball, neither shooting and finally someone takes it away. And time and time again we miss right at the basket. At least PC slammed a few shots tonight. When our outside shooting is off and our forwards play hot potato, this team can not score.

This is the definition of playing poorly. Hate to break it to you guys. You gotta have major Orange goggles to not see that. 17 turnovers, hot potato action galore, poor shooting, etc. A mess.

lose out - lol
You have to understand that if we split we might be playing Tuesday and you have to consider Tuesday versus Wednesday it’s not just one win

This is the definition of playing poorly. Hate to break it to you guys. You gotta have major Orange goggles to not see that. 17 turnovers, hot potato action galore, poor shooting, etc. A mess.

Agreed. If Duke shot well, we lose by 25-30. This wasn’t just SU shooting bad. We turned it over a ton of times, frequently had guys looking clueless, etc. We weren’t good.

In a season of what could have been's, it's time to leave it all on the table. Hope they come through!

lose out - lol
You forgot beat Clemson, lose to BC, 1 W in ACCT. Prob 50/50.

Agree!
My wife was ready to put a sock in my mouth I was screaming at the TV so much.
All of what you said, but the thing that drove me crazy the most is they didn't seem to value the ball. Turnovers, especially under the basket.
When Chukwu had his retinal surgery, they should have grafted a new set of hands as well. This summer he should spend about 5 hours a day getting stronger.

The team was definitely not over the UNC loss. They just didn't have it to muster up another huge effort against another monster team. Their young, I'll give them a pass on this game. But BC is a good team who beat Duke, so if they have any ideas of the Big Dance they had better get it together.

Unfortunately, we regressed in the Duke game. We played well enough to win against UNC. Tonight we had as many turnovers as field goals. It was bad, really really bad.

That said, I think we can beat BC, but we need a MUCH better effort and shooting night against Clemson to have a chance.
I think UNC loss impacted the teams energy. Didn't look like any of our guys thought we could win yesterday. I expect much tougher effort against BC

lose out - lol
You missed Beat BC, Beat Clemson, Lose in ACCT. I'd place that in "bubbleville" too.

You don't score 44 points and the game not play poorly.

that was partly by design we were slowing the tempo down vs duke as that was are only chance of beating them, we just didnt have anything offensively and frank and tyus and oshae couldnt make enough shots

The team was definitely not over the UNC loss. They just didn't have it to muster up another huge effort against another monster team. Their young, I'll give them a pass on this game. But BC is a good team who beat Duke, so if they have any ideas of the Big Dance they had better get it together.

bc beat duke in early december so its pretty much irrelevant at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom