The silly season has begun ... ND's Ryder Garnsey to transfer | Syracusefan.com

The silly season has begun ... ND's Ryder Garnsey to transfer

Wow, massive loss for ND. Thats the equivalent of Kevin Rice leaving SU. Wow stunning. Doubt he sits out a year though. Hope he doesn't end up at MD.
The story is he'll be about 120 miles SW of College Spark. :cool:

Wow, massive loss for ND. Thats the equivalent of Kevin Rice leaving SU. Wow stunning. Doubt he sits out a year though. Hope he doesn't end up at MD.
If he ends up at UVA, he'll have to sit based on transferring in the conference. Unless he gets some release from ND that allows him to not sit out a year

If he ends up at UVA, he'll have to sit based on transferring in the conference. Unless he gets some release from ND that allows him to not sit out a year

Right thats why I wasn't sure thr uva destination made sense as I dont see him sitting a year.

Man, all three of those kids look like that may end up at UVA. They are going hard after transfers. Probably can't afford another down year.

Quint will have a field day with that.

then hopefully syracuse doesnt make a run at him.

I think this past year he was getting his legs back under him and that he will probably be close to 100% as possible by the fall. I wouldn't be adverse to SU taking a look at him but I would certainly understand if they passed. ND would be a pretty good fit for him.

Man, all three of those kids look like that may end up at UVA. They are going hard after transfers. Probably can't afford another down year.

UVA has a lot of returning O firepower, there's not going to be as much time as people think. The faceoff guy to me would make the most sense though for UVA. That said his numbers aren't exactly eye popping, not sure this is the equivalent of Rowe or Ben Williams.

Garnsey seems bound for UVA if his credits can transfer but it's worth noting that he strongly considered us coming out of HS and his brother, Charles, is an '04 SU grad who played club hockey & wrote for the DO.

Garnsey seems bound for UVA if his credits can transfer but it's worth noting that he strongly considered us coming out of HS and his brother, Charles, is an '04 SU grad who played club hockey & wrote for the DO.

I think Garnsey may have to sit out a year regardless because its an intra-conference transfer.

UVA doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't know the rules, but it sounds like he'd have to sit out a year and UVA has Kraus who plays in pretty much the exact place Garnsey operates.

UVA doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't know the rules, but it sounds like he'd have to sit out a year and UVA has Kraus who plays in pretty much the exact place Garnsey operates.

That was my exact thought as well. Perhaps he thinks they can do a Batman/Robin type of offense but with Aiken and Conrad there as well how do you keep everyone happy?

That was my exact thought as well. Perhaps he thinks they can do a Batman/Robin type of offense but with Aiken and Conrad there as well how do you keep everyone happy?
Maybe one of them runs out of the box and they play a lot of 2-man games on that side when they are in their settled offense.

Well, we managed to keep Watson and Knight happy playing in the same attack and the 2006 team was only allowed to use 1 ball (although when it was in motion it may have seemed like more than one).

Part of wanting to win can require leaving your ego in your locker.

And if I'm Tiffany I want to keep Kraus happy. That kid is frickin' legit.

as long as there is no penalty this is going to grow and grow. and heck why not.

Are there different rules for transferring in conference vs out of conference? Are some programs actively poaching in the offseason ? The absurdity of recruiting the prepubescent was finally restricted but is a new trend emerging where players begin switching teams ala professional free agents minus the time restrictions?
Assume that lax transfers are partly the result of committing at too early an age to the wrong fit whether it be not knowing what you truly want, how stacked a roster will be at your position or how you measure up to the academics. Hopefully college transferring doesnt become about moving around for p/t only or building super teams because attending college is suppose to be about more.
UVA is an attractive destination for many good reasons but interesting following any migration especially if it is a flock. . Doubt Garnsey goes there if he has to sit out. Besides UVA appears to have the O but light on D. Cuse seems to have D depth, may need some O . Maybe a multi player exchange of comparative advantages can be arranged. Being facetious of course but hoping that the new norm in the sport isn't unrestricted movement of players.

Are there different rules for transferring in conference vs out of conference? Are some programs actively poaching in the offseason ? The absurdity of recruiting the prepubescent was finally restricted but is a new trend emerging where players begin switching teams ala professional free agents minus the time restrictions?
Assume that lax transfers are partly the result of committing at too early an age to the wrong fit whether it be not knowing what you truly want, how stacked a roster will be at your position or how you measure up to the academics. Hopefully college transferring doesnt become about moving around for p/t only or building super teams because attending college is suppose to be about more.
UVA is an attractive destination for many good reasons but interesting following any migration especially if it is a flock. . Doubt Garnsey goes there if he has to sit out. Besides UVA appears to have the O but light on D. Cuse seems to have D depth, may need some O . Maybe a multi player exchange of comparative advantages can be arranged. Being facetious of course but hoping that the new norm in the sport isn't unrestricted movement of players.

Each conference has different rules for intra-conference transfers. The ACC for example mandates that a player must sit out a year when transferring to another ACC school and lose said year of eligibility (unless they have a red-shirt year). The caveat to this is grad transfers can transfer within the conference without sitting out unless the school the player is transferring from blocks them.

For transfers in general lacrosse players aren't required to sit out a year, its how Nicky Galasso ended up at Syracuse from North Carolina, Ben Williams from Holy Cross, Nick Mariano from Umass etc. Syracuse, Maryland, and Duke have been fairly active in the transfer market the last 5+ years. It may feel like there are more transfers then before because of social media and the increasing popularity of the sport and the number of teams but transfers have long played a role at the D1 level going back years and years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom