Symir - 25
Joe - 32
Buddy - 32
Frank - 25
Jesse - 32

Cole - 20
Jimmy - 20
Benny -14

We don’t have any horses to ride for 35-40, on a game in and game out basis.

Frank and Jesse aren’t going to be on the court together for 17+ minutes.

I’d offer that it’s less ridiculous than Jimmy and Cole being on the court together for like 35 minutes. Though I’m not married to it.

I AM married to wanting to see more of the 3 guard lineup. Based on his recent play and how his strengths help some of our biggest weaknesses, I think Symir needs to be in there more.

We can say we’ll get killed on the glass with Buddy at the 3, but how is that any different than what happens now?

I’d offer that it’s less ridiculous than Jimmy and Cole being on the court together for like 35 minutes. Though I’m not married to it.

I AM married to wanting to see more of the 3 guard lineup. Based on his recent play and how his strengths help some of our biggest weaknesses, I think Symir needs to be in there more.

We can say we’ll get killed on the glass with Buddy at the 3, but how is that any different than what happens now?
Symir cant shoot so teams won’t cover him and Buddy and Joe won’t get open looks.

...is what the explanation would be.

Symir cant shoot so teams won’t cover him and Buddy and Joe won’t get open looks.

...is what the explanation would be.
That was valid with Howard and Goodine. Symir isn’t even that great, but he’s way better than those guys were.

I have no problem with more 3 guard lineup. Sy could easily take 8 of joes minutes (based on 40), 6 of Buddy’s, and then a few from each of Cole and Jimmy. That would be 20 minimum. It just caught my eye that your Jesse/Frank mins added to 57 meaning they’d be in the court together 17.

I know I'm in the minority here but is it all about JB and his kids and how he can't coach and we better do something about it or the world will come to an end? If you look at the box scores from the beginning of the year his kids have been carrying this team, granted they do need to improve the D.

Everyone thinks it's all about coaching, I disagree. Today at the end it was all about Girard not making the front end of a 1 and 1 which would have tied the game at the time.

But I digress, everything that is bad which is all about every game we lose is all JB's fault in your opinion. It was a typical Gtown Syracuse game for me and I have been watching them since '62 I agree we didn't get out on the kid shooting from the corner and he continued to make the 3's that is on the defender. Have fun making JB, Buddy and Jimmy bad again till next game, then you can do it all over again if we win or lose. I think part of the sky just fell on the floor next to me.
This is sort of a myopic perspective.
Criticizing Coach and criticizing over-reliance on his progeny are separate matters. They didn’t begin just with Jimmy transferring in. They didn’t begin with Buddy becoming the focal point.

The problems didn’t begin with Joe’s missed 1 and 1. And even if you only take one step back to just a barely wider view, one can see that we lost to a bad team that was under .500 before we stepped onto the floor. Joe didn’t lose this game. Steve Lavin just said we are last in the country in 3-pt defense this season. That’s not “all about Girard not making the front end of a 1 and 1.”

Let’s say the sky is not falling. After all—it literally can’t.

But, think about it like this: you’re a lobster in a pot, and you keep saying, ’the water is fine. Getting just a leeeetle warmer, but it’s fine.”

How long until you’re cooked?

Seems like some people are Boeheim fans. Some people are Syracuse fans.

To each their own, but let’s at least be on the level with that part.
I consider myself both...to a point. It's always about the program first, but JB has been at the helm long enough to garner respect. Am I prepared to see him go? Absolutely. Everything has a shelf-life, and a program reset would not be a bad thing after this year..

I have no problem with more 3 guard lineup. Sy could easily take 8 of joes minutes (based on 40), 6 of Buddy’s, and then a few from each of Cole and Jimmy. That would be 20 minimum. It just caught my eye that your Jesse/Frank mins added to 57 meaning they’d be in the court together 17.

My thinking was if we’re going with 3 guards, it gives us size at both the 4-5 to offset Buddy being undersized at the 3.

I can see that it might “clog” the lane, but we don’t exactly get to the rack anyway.

Its better than Cole and Jimmy being together right now. We have no physicality, and not to mention its borderline unwatchable.

yep.

They lost to Dartmouth.
And we lost to Colgate.
Joe did have a good game
I see chicken little running around on mine. Buddy has had a couple of poor games but the defenses key on him. Someone else needs to step up and I think several players have, it’s defense right now, especially the 3 pt defense.
the only thing destroying anyones legacy are the typical negative fans coning out of the woodwork. I’ve seen improvements and adjustments fron the beginning of the year and I expect more will come.
things need addressed and I think they will be. And I’ll never stop watching as long as SU is on tv.
Thanks, I thought I there were some positive people on this board who will continue to watch, like you and I, despite the terrible coaching and defensive play. You have to expect negative fans in every loss we have, they will attack everything and they don't like it when you defend JB.

I agree we need to defend especially the 3, rebound better and do better at the line. and Buddy has to get back to over 20PPG. Everyone knows he's a good shooter so they either double him or have someone defend him like his shadow.

Another thing is this team hasn't played together in games all that much, they are still learning how to play as a team and they will.

The totals us vs. them \

Game totals: FG - 30-68/44.1% 3PT - 8-26 - 30.8% - FT 7-11 - 63.6%? us

25-55/45.5% 11-26- 42.3% 18 - 21 -85.7% them

I know I'm in the minority here but is it all about JB and his kids and how he can't coach and we better do something about it or the world will come to an end? If you look at the box scores from the beginning of the year his kids have been carrying this team, granted they do need to improve the D.

Everyone thinks it's all about coaching, I disagree. Today at the end it was all about Girard not making the front end of a 1 and 1 which would have tied the game at the time.

But I digress, everything that is bad which is all about every game we lose is all JB's fault in your opinion. It was a typical Gtown Syracuse game for me and I have been watching them since '62 I agree we didn't get out on the kid shooting from the corner and he continued to make the 3's that is on the defender. Have fun making JB, Buddy and Jimmy bad again till next game, then you can do it all over again if we win or lose. I think part of the sky just fell on the floor next to me.
Setting aside whether your statement is accurate, the idea that JB's kids have been "carrying this team" is an indictment unto itself. For decade after decade JB had teams whose depth of talent wouldn't allow for any PT for his sons even with JB at the helm. The fact they may be our best players is an issue.

I’ll never stop watching, it just may not be in person next year. I’ve been watching the Bonnies and UCONN. We wouldn’t be competitive with either one. They both would physically beat us up. Both are hard-nosed defensive teams. UCONN is very good.

This is sort of a myopic perspective.
Criticizing Coach and criticizing over-reliance on his progeny are separate matters. They didn’t begin just with Jimmy transferring in. They didn’t begin with Buddy becoming the focal point.

The problems didn’t begin with Joe’s missed 1 and 1. And even if you only take one step back to just a barely wider view, one can see that we lost to a bad team that was under .500 before we stepped onto the floor. Joe didn’t lose this game. Steve Lavin just said we are last in the country in 3-pt defense this season. That’s not “all about Girard not making the front end of a 1 and 1.”
No Joe's missed 1-1 didn't create more problems but they didn't help. With the team shooting 63% from the line we need work in everything.
Setting aside whether your statement is accurate, the idea that JB's kids have been "carrying this team" is an indictment unto itself. For decade after decade JB had teams whose depth of talent wouldn't allow for any PT for his sons even with JB at the helm. The fact they may be our best players is an issue.
Yeah.. I was there. The problem is that his sons are playing for him and so the will get scrutinized more because they are which doesn't mean they aren't helping try and win games.

It's funny, when we win everybody is happy with mostly everything - when we lose, JB, especially gets attacked for everything bad D, bad 3pt defense which was bad today. There is this atmosphere of "man we are bad and we lost to a team who lost to Dartmouth." Amazing. Everyone wants W's or it's negative city.

No Joe's missed 1-1 didn't create more problems but they didn't help. With the team shooting 63% from the line we need work in everything.

Yeah.. I was there. The problem is that his sons are playing for him and so the will get scrutinized more because they are which doesn't mean they aren't helping try and win games.

It's funny, when we win everybody is happy with mostly everything - when we lose, JB, especially gets attacked for everything bad D, bad 3pt defense which was bad today. There is this atmosphere of "man we are bad and we lost to a team who lost to Dartmouth." Amazing. Everyone wants W's or it's negative city.

Bill, it wasn’t a 1-1. It was 1 shot because he made the basket.

They need to clean up the 3 point defense in a hurry. The zone allows way to many good looks and teams are hitting their shots in an alarming number.
Yes. I imagine JB will have them work on that when they finally get back in the gym. We'll see!

At what point in the year are we able to suggest this team might have some major issues, in your opinion. 20 games in? 30?

Bill, it wasn’t a 1-1. It was 1 shot because he made the basket.
OK. I was interrupted by a call and missed it - my apologies but he still and we still should be better than 63%

At what point in the year are we able to suggest this team might have some major issues, in your opinion. 20 games in? 30?
Now. This isn't about me it's about you. IMO, we should have beaten Colgate, VCU, Villanova, and Georgetown.
If we can beat Indiana who is presently I believe at 7-2 we should be able to beat the aforementioned teams. But we didn't and it sucks but it is. So we have to live with that. Problem is so many are ready to jump down our throats and that's not good either.

Syracuse basketball shouldn’t be losing to programs like Colgate, VCU, and Georgetown. These teams stink. The negativity is justified IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom