the sky is falling...OH,OH! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

the sky is falling...OH,OH!

They can’t. Which is why they can’t be out there 36-40 minutes.

Symir looked like he could’ve played 10-15 quality minutes yesterday. That second half made zero sense.
I agree Symir needed to play in the second half—and Benny too. It’s the height of lunacy not to play them when we started off so flat and Gtown was scoring at will. Both are athletic defenders.

How many times have the negative posts blown up in the face of doubters? The face of college basketball is ever changing. Look at the wxperiences of those schools for whom recruiting is like being first in line at a cafeteria, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina. I am not sure if I trust anyone to navigate lineup deficits and the challenges of pipelines and the demand for attention and playing time as much as our coach. Guarantee that he pulls the iron out of the fire? Nope. Him against the unknown? Him against (dare I say it) the west coast dude for whom so many here have an unnatural affection. I go with JAB. It is because of his success that we have become accustomed to success. He and the dome MADE us? Remember, a coach used Syracuse as a stepping stone to TULANE!!
Lolz. I never understood why Danforth bolted for Tulane. They must have paid him a lot. He has since said it was a mistake. They weren’t a good program. Syracuse, though, was turning into a solid northeast power by 1976. We had a string of 6 straight winning seasons, 4 straight NCAA tourney bids, and had just made the Final Four in 1975. That came on top of the Bing years where we went to the Elite Eight.

Seriously!? It is relevant because that man changed the entire trajectory of a program. How often does that happen? We were not who we became when he took the reins. He was instrumental in CREATING the expectations we want him and the program to live up to. It was his recruiting and use of generally “second tier” players which made what we understand to be SU hoops. You can’t win at a high level with a zone defense. That was said last century. Who changed that truism? When did it become that a launch into the unknown was a preferred choice. Youth and lack of perspective doesn’t have to be a handicap. Be better and assume better of others.
That is all.
That launch trajectory is returning to earth. Hopefully we don't have to wait until it crash lands to alter the captain of the ship.

Lolz. I never understood why Danforth bolted for Tulane. They must have paid him a lot. He has since said it was a mistake. They weren’t a good program. Syracuse, though, was turning into a solid northeast power by 1976. We had a string of 6 straight winning seasons, 4 straight NCAA tourney bids, and had just made the Final Four in 1975. That came on top of the Bing years where we went to the Elite Eight.

I was under the impression that Danforth had some academic or administrative aspirations aside from basketball, and actually took on two positions down there. Maybe that hastened any downturn in productivity.

Just said in another thread: The VCU, Colgate and gtown losses will haunt all year. Tourney chances already in major trouble
Not even worried about tournament at this point. The first losing season since 1969 is very much in play

Symir cant shoot so teams won’t cover him and Buddy and Joe won’t get open looks.

...is what the explanation would be.
I would bet that Symir's shooting could improve but Buddy's, Cole's and JB3 speed will NEVER improve!

Seems like some people are Boeheim fans. Some people are Syracuse fans.

To each their own, but let’s at least be on the level with that part.

The football board has the same problem and it's a lot of the same posters to.

I was at the game and was pretty upset afterwards and didn't even want to read the board. We didn't look that bad. Two years ago we looked like we didn't belong in the gym in the games we lost. The problem has been the difficult schedule and the lack of bench play. It was baffling that Frank was the only bench player in the second half. Made zero sense. (Also, the refs were terrible, but whatever on that.)
Just curious about the game two years ago - loss at G-Town. I remember it as a one-sided ref job where they had 31 FT to our 9?

Just curious about the game two years ago - loss at G-Town. I remember it as a one-sided ref job where they had 31 FT to our 9?
Maybe, but we looked bad that entire year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom