The state of new jersey is officially open for business.. | Syracusefan.com

The state of new jersey is officially open for business..

You wonder how the guys that signed LOIs for them last week feel...

Best wish's to Brian, would have been a Great get for SU. In between the Pitt/Rutgers fiasco

The best news is we can get Hafley in a year or two. LeMoyne I think NE meant NorthEast

I have heard the names Rob Moore, Nate Hackett, and Tim Daoust mentioned with NJ recruits. 3 people making inroads, I also see three long term coaches as long as Marrone wins and keeps them employed. That will mean a secure staff, better conf, better facilities. While Rutgers regresses in the next few years and we hopefully start to peak. We will have a secure staff that has formed their contacts, built trust, and we will see our sucess in NJ similar to the 80's and 90's.

Marrone understands recruiting, and what it takes when you don't have a state school, unlimited bank roll, or shady dealings. He has to win the next two years, which is feasible. Consistant top 30 classes heavy in NE prospects will result, if you expect top 15 recruiting classes you should change your alliances.

I don't believe everyones favorite benchmark Charlie Stong has broken a top 30 yet?

3513138577_1f15b7a85b_z.jpg

This is what kills me about the Marrone hires. Open season in NJ, and he hires two guys with absolutely no ties to the east coast...

Fantastic

Doug realizes that he has to win this year. Next years recruits wont be his if he tanks

This is what kills me about the Marrone hires. Open season in NJ, and he hires two guys with absolutely no ties to the east coast...

Fantastic

I agree. Talk about not taking advantage of one (if not the biggest) opportunity to get into NJ.

i wonder if that page fell out of his notebook along with how to run a semi decent offense

Maybe he thinks that Rob Moore has made some inroads, and judging by the JPO situation, people are starting to listen. Maybe he'd rather keep someone down there that is building connections rather than pulling him out and throwing another guy there.

Why not throw 2 guys there - 1 whose already built years of recruiting connections?

Perhaps the latest hire made some NJ connections while coaching for the Jets.

Why not throw 2 guys there - 1 whose already built years of recruiting connections?
Who would that be? Throw out an available name that we could have gotten.

On top of the other critiques of this position, how do you know he didn't interview such coaches?

Look at where Henderson came from - a relative nowheresville. It seems likely that budget played a part in the hire, and that we didn't have a lot to offer. So you have to ask yourself, how many guys with "east coast ties" and ability to coach defense were there who were:

(1) Looking for work, or at least willing to leave;
(2) Proven as a recruiter, so that those east coast ties can be used;
(3) A good fit for their intended role on the staff (coaching ability, mentoring, etc.)?

Then you have to filter based on other factors, like a personality fit within the staff. But the killer is probably (1). The complainers seem to think that all we have to do is ask and coaches will come running through the door. Unless we are getting guys who are young and taking a big step up, we are not going to be convincing people to jump ship. We simply can't pay enough to make the risky move worthwhile.

Once we're in the ACC maybe it will be different. Right now we are operating somewhat like a start-up.

hard not to question when nothing was done on the side of the ball with the biggest issues

Doug realizes that he has to win this year. Next years recruits wont be his if he tanks

Really, help me out are you ever right about anything you post here.

Fantastic

Agree. There was an opportunity for SU here and Marrone seems to be blowing it. He needs major help to get himself invloved with NJ's best again and be able to land them. You should have paid Jeff Hafley whatever he wanted and given Marrone the help he needs. An assistant who has been removed from college for a decade and the like will not do that for him.

I think Marrone will continue to struggle against Flood recruiting wise and if you have a bad season next year he will be on the hot seat and things might get even more dismal on the recruiting trail...

I think Marrone will continue to struggle against Flood recruiting wise and if you have a bad season next year he will be on the hot seat and things might get even more dismal on the recruiting trail...
LOL. Thanks, that made my afternoon.