The streak, or Battle? | Syracusefan.com

The streak, or Battle?

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
This was an easy question for me to answer, but I dont want to assume I know how other fans feel about things. Would you rather see the NBA 1st round streak broken next year, or have Tyus continue it?

The Streak. And not for the sake of continuing The Streak, but because Tyus did what he came here to do. Get better, and go make so serious cash.

This was an easy question for me to answer, but I dont want to assume I know how other fans feel about things. Would you rather see the NBA 1st round streak broken next year, or have Tyus continue it?
This seems like an odd question. Battle will be as NBA-ready as any SU player since MCW. I would see no point in him staying.

Assuming this means no early departures next year break the streak in a heartbeat. Of course with the strength of next year's HS class and our scholarship situation, an early departure or two could well have a silver lining.

This seems like an odd question. Battle will be as NBA-ready as any SU player since MCW. I would see no point in him staying.

I think he will be a lottery pick, but can we at least play one game before we start saying things like there is no point to him coming back. Its only June.

Its possible for the streak to be broken and for him not to come back, so I think you should amend your question.

I'd hate to see him leave early and slip to the second round.

I think he will be a lottery pick, but can we at least play one game before we start saying things like there is no point to him coming back. Its only June.
You must have missed the part of last season when Battle was healthy.

I'd rather Battle come back. I mean, is this a real question?

Apparently it is, if you read the varied responses, including some of the clever ones. There is no right or wrong answer, and I didn't give my feelings in the OP because I didn't want to bias the responses due to anyone's feelings about me. I also think it's a bit interesting that as time passes the answers seem to shift in one direction, different than 3, 5, or 10 years ago to various degrees. To br801 , Im guessing other teams last season may have had players one could have said that about before the season who either stayed or gave it serious thought, although I have no quarrel with your statement at the moment, there is a lot of ball to be played. There are certainly much worse things in life than imaging Tyus in Orange in 2018, regardless of where you sit currently. These are the fun hypothetical choices, unlike some of the ones we've discussed in the not too distant past.

Pfister1 probably had the most surprising "not listed" choice, which actually was supported by the last article I read that didn't have Battle going in the first round. I'm not saying whether I agree with that, and I guess when I asked the question I was picturing a hypothetical either/or choice. Trueblue25 should be a politician or Jesus or somebody with an answer that sweet. I tip my hat to you, good man.

He gone.

Hopefully with an ACC Tourney win, and a piece of the net from San Antonio.

Can we just take one of the Lydon threads, substitute Battle's name, and run it next spring?

Hell, we could have just used Mali's for both. I think people will handle this one better. Though, most of us knew Lydon was gone coming into last year so maybe just fire up that thread. Insert Tyus, and run Briancuse's responses now so we can get it over with.

I'd rather him come back. But I recognize that he will do what's best for him, not me or other fans. When I comment that I think a player is making a mistake by leaving it's because I believe it's in his best interest to stay. However, if he does choose to leave, I don't feel any anger or sense of betrayal.

Apparently it is, if you read the varied responses, including some of the clever ones. There is no right or wrong answer, and I didn't give my feelings in the OP because I didn't want to bias the responses due to anyone's feelings about me. I also think it's a bit interesting that as time passes the answers seem to shift in one direction, different than 3, 5, or 10 years ago to various degrees. To br801 , Im guessing other teams last season may have had players one could have said that about before the season who either stayed or gave it serious thought, although I have no quarrel with your statement at the moment, there is a lot of ball to be played. There are certainly much worse things in life than imaging Tyus in Orange in 2018, regardless of where you sit currently. These are the fun hypothetical choices, unlike some of the ones we've discussed in the not too distant past.

Pfister1 probably had the most surprising "not listed" choice, which actually was supported by the last article I read that didn't have Battle going in the first round. I'm not saying whether I agree with that, and I guess when I asked the question I was picturing a hypothetical either/or choice. Trueblue25 should be a politician or Jesus or somebody with an answer that sweet. I tip my hat to you, good man.
I'm just looking at what I've seen on the court from Battle in the context of college and professional basketball in 2017, and understand what is most likely to happen.

As SU fans, we should hope Battle fulfills his promise and moves on to the NBA after next season, or else we are probably staring at a very tumultuous year.

Can we just take one of the Lydon threads, substitute Battle's name, and run it next spring?

IF Battle averages 20 ppg this coming season, then he will surely need to come back and do it again. College is only like a 35 game season. In the NBA, the big boys play 82! He would have to show that he can be the alpha for TWO college seasons to be ready to do it as a rookie(again, because they're always expecting every drafted player to be the alpha go to guy).

It's all about being the alpha and a gunslinger who takes the big shot all the time. None of that beta passing crap! No making the right play! Shoot it! This is the new twist that was established for our guys this past season.

The "streak" is totally meaningless. I'm a Syracuse fan. Not a fan of former Syracuse players playing in the NBA. Its not that I dislike players after they leave, its more that I don't follow them or really have much interest because the teams they play for I have no interest in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom