The supposed retirement plan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The supposed retirement plan

I want to clarify. There was never a plan that had a set time and a designated replacement. However, the athletic Director has a plan of attack and what to do when JB steps down.

There isn’t an assistant on the staff that feels they are definitely getting the job. At least, that was the case over the summer.

I think Wildhack is leaving his options open, and the more this gets off the rails this year. The more options he’s going to need.

I believe there are two different factions among the board of trustees. One that thinks, JB should be allowed to handpick his successor, and the other who think we need a full-blown national search. I think the latter group is growing in numbers.
What is the point of having an athletic director if the board of trustees wants to meddle this openly. If the BOT want to think Coach Boeheim should be allowed to handpick his successor after the last few years of utter mediocrity they care more about the man Jim Boeheim than the program Syracuse basketball. That should be a violation of their fiduciary responsibility to the University.

Last edited:
What is the point of having an athletic director if the board of trustees wants to meddle this openly. If the BOT want to think Coach Boeheim should be allowed to handpick his successor after the last few years of utter mediocrity they care more about the man Jim Boeheim than the program Syracuse basketball. That should be a violation of their fiduciary responsibility to the University.
I think at this point and with how things are trending, that one faction is going to get smaller and smaller. There was a time and place for a nice handoff and JB getting to pick the person. But that requires going out a certain way. Look at Duke and UNC for examples.

He’s lost that ability and he’s going to lose more goodwill the longer it stretches out and the more contentious this gets.

Very likely that when JB goes he will do it like Roy Williams did. He'll announce his retirement after the season ends. It won't be months in advance. He doesn't want a farewell tour as a lame duck. Will it be after this season, most likely another losing season? There are no 2023 recruits to lose since we have none. The risk is that some current players could decide to transfer out especially if one of the assistants is not getting the HC job.
If you hire a really high profile name coach, the new coach will have a good chance to keep some of previous players he may want to hold onto.

I want to clarify. There was never a plan that had a set time and a designated replacement. However, the athletic Director has a plan of attack and what to do when JB steps down.

There isn’t an assistant on the staff that feels they are definitely getting the job. At least, that was the case over the summer.

I think Wildhack is leaving his options open, and the more this gets off the rails this year. The more options he’s going to need.

I believe there are two different factions among the board of trustees. One that thinks, JB should be allowed to handpick his successor, and the other who think we need a full-blown national search. I think the latter group is growing in numbers.
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

In the end he just sounds like a liar.

I get all the ancillary ramifications to dispute that statement, but they have all been lies since he torpedo’d Hops succession. He’s lying now . And it sucks.

;)

My favorite is -
"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail "
Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago-Warren Buffet.

Maybe we can get that for SUADJW. Although supposedly he's a syracusefan.com board member. John-hopefully you planted that tree on your first day of work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom