The truth about Trevor | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The truth about Trevor

That's my hope too. We are always strong early in the year. In fact, I can't remember a preseason tourney in the last 5-7 years we haven't won. Were we in one last year? I don't think so, right? This year we almost have to get better, cause we are very sloppy thus far.

As for Cooney, he is what he is. JB is stubborn to all end. Don't see why he can't play Kaleb a bit when TC is struggling, which he does, a lot.

We played pretty bad when Joseph was in last night. That's why he didn't play. JB said so in the presser. Maybe he shoots better than Cooney, IDK, but he made worse decisions and played terrible D when he was in there yesterday.

That's my hope too. We are always strong early in the year. In fact, I can't remember a preseason tourney in the last 5-7 years we haven't won. Were we in one last year? I don't think so, right? This year we almost have to get better, cause we are very sloppy thus far.

As for Cooney, he is what he is. JB is stubborn to all end. Don't see why he can't play Kaleb a bit when TC is struggling, which he does, a lot.
We lost the 2k Sports to Cal at MSG last year but beat Iowa in the 3rd pace game.
I am not going to even talk about Cooney anymore he is what he is. JB knows more than me and earned the benefit of the doubt.

Last night Kaleb played poorly. Partially on defense, which as JB said in his presser, is going to put you on the bench. (My words not his)

they need a hard cap on the number of threes cooney can take. that way everyone can still enjoy all those other aspects of his game and I can live with 25% 3 pt shooting if there are only 6 misses

big difference between 2 for 8 and 3 for 12

Don't take this as a dump on Cooney because I think he has great value to this year's team -- just not the value for which he's been hyped to date, i.e., his shooting. The moment I saw Lydon can those two threes last night, I felt more confidence in his taking EVERY clutch three than I'd have in Cooney taking ANY clutch three. What a beautiful balanced stroke!

That said, you can't wipe away Cooney's 6 steals, his energy and his intensity. If his shooting becomes a complementary feature of this team's identity rather than its primary feature, it could become a very entertaining year for this young team after all.-VBOF

We played pretty bad when Joseph was in last night. That's why he didn't play. JB said so in the presser. Maybe he shoots better than Cooney, IDK, but he made worse decisions and played terrible D when he was in there yesterday.

Last night Kaleb played poorly. Partially on defense, which as JB said in his presser, is going to put you on the bench. (My words not his)
Understood. Just to clarify wasn't saying Kaleb was the answer, just that Cooney shouldn't automatically be in the game. He does indeed struggle, but I guess we are in year three where we still don't have anyone to replace him with. That's insane!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom