The View From 331: Louisville | Syracusefan.com

The View From 331: Louisville

DoubleDee

All American
Well, back again. And late at that.

Great game. Now on to the important other things...

Saw Mike Tirico on the corner of Marshall St. I said "hi". He said "hi" back.

Started at the Quad as usual for us. Reasonably active, but a little lighter than I'm used to, but we were there ahead of the band starting so it was early. I know a lot has already been said regarding the food on the quad, but I thought it was great. I'll agree it's strange that the usual food available was not there, but honestly, I won't miss it. I'm a tight wad so I typically don't do a meal at a game unless the timing requires it. When I do, if I want a burger or such, I will get it inside. I like the food truck option to mix up the choices week to week. I imagine this cuts down on overhead. No having to buy the food, and no employees to cook it and sell it. One less tent to set up.

Entering the Dome was smooth and easy. No having to put your phone and wallet in a tray or anything. Love it.

When you are on a college campus, it is completely evident what the new fashion trends are. Because the girls walk around in packs, and with the exception of color, they all have the exact same thing on. This year, that trend is bikini tops. As a father, I would not want my daughter walking around a football game in a too small bikini top. As a man, well, I have no further comments.

The inside of the Dome had a few new sights. The store was remodeled. Nothing crazy, just completely different. A mural which I saw during lax season, has been added which basically shows the history and advancement of women's sports at SU. Quite honestly it may have been there last year.
But new this year for sure, is a mural for the Syracuse 8. Pretty nice display. Overall, I am still amazed at the overall look and brightness of the halls. So different from the past. Now we just need to update some of those pictures.

At 7:17pm, the student section was lit. Kudos to them for showing up, being an integral part of the atmosphere, and sticking around for the most part. Bravo!

Because I'm a couple of days late, I'm going to sound like a broken record when it comes to the sound system. I don't understand. So many factors are making this even more confusing. 1. Professionals (?) were involved in the installation and configuration. 2. It's so much worse than the original sound system that we all complained about. 3. It's getting progressively worse. 4. When people like Sala, Wildhack and the likes are in the building they either don't recognize this or are not informed by someone else like a worker in the Dome. 5. If they are aware, they still continue to make videos that no one can hear, and hire "hosts". I think they better keep the price of the sound "upgrade" under wraps, as I'm sure it's embarrassing. Something has to be done. That said, the sound in the bathrooms at our beloved troughs is clear and crisp. And if anyone has a link to the pre-game video that was narrated by McNabb, please share it.

Looking forward to colder weather and snow, so flip-flop guy will wear a different shoe.

With the popularity of Stranger Things, and the subsequent surge Metallica is getting with younger people from it, the marching band played "Master of Puppets" during a break. Muddled as it may have been.

This new roof is a major culprit in these sound issues, but it is a major asset when it comes to small crowds. That sucker made us sound like a crowd of millions. Crazy, with the crowd sizes we've had as of late, that we may be amongst the loudest in Dome history.

Speaking of crowd noise, the "Noise Meter" although fake, works very well to get the place rocking.

While I have always been very anti-cheerleader with a microphone, I think they found the solution. They brought out a cute little thing and had her lead the cheer. They just need to time it better. A nice touch as far as I'm concerned. Not sure how they select a kid, but choosing a little one each game to lead the charge works for me. All is forgiven!!

Has anyone figured out who the skinny dude in the plain #10 jersey was on the sideline?

Lastly, the Cuse Grand Prix. An animated Toyota truck race. Basically, the same thing you get at any major stadium, but orange, blue and white trucks. It's silly, but it works. In Baltimore, its Ketchup, Mustard, and Relish. And it gets huge response. To the degree that you can actually buy a green "Relish" shirt with the Oriole logo, as well as ketchup and mustard shirts. Like Tom mentioned, maybe as time passes, they can update it to include Syracuse landmarks.

I got nothing else. Hopefully as the season progresses, there will be more for me to over-critique.

LGO

Well, back again. And late at that.

Great game. Now on to the important other things...

Saw Mike Tirico on the corner of Marshall St. I said "hi". He said "hi" back.

Started at the Quad as usual for us. Reasonably active, but a little lighter than I'm used to, but we were there ahead of the band starting so it was early. I know a lot has already been said regarding the food on the quad, but I thought it was great. I'll agree it's strange that the usual food available was not there, but honestly, I won't miss it. I'm a tight wad so I typically don't do a meal at a game unless the timing requires it. When I do, if I want a burger or such, I will get it inside. I like the food truck option to mix up the choices week to week. I imagine this cuts down on overhead. No having to buy the food, and no employees to cook it and sell it. One less tent to set up.

Entering the Dome was smooth and easy. No having to put your phone and wallet in a tray or anything. Love it.

When you are on a college campus, it is completely evident what the new fashion trends are. Because the girls walk around in packs, and with the exception of color, they all have the exact same thing on. This year, that trend is bikini tops. As a father, I would not want my daughter walking around a football game in a too small bikini top. As a man, well, I have no further comments.

The inside of the Dome had a few new sights. The store was remodeled. Nothing crazy, just completely different. A mural which I saw during lax season, has been added which basically shows the history and advancement of women's sports at SU. Quite honestly it may have been there last year.
But new this year for sure, is a mural for the Syracuse 8. Pretty nice display. Overall, I am still amazed at the overall look and brightness of the halls. So different from the past. Now we just need to update some of those pictures.

At 7:17pm, the student section was lit. Kudos to them for showing up, being an integral part of the atmosphere, and sticking around for the most part. Bravo!

Because I'm a couple of days late, I'm going to sound like a broken record when it comes to the sound system. I don't understand. So many factors are making this even more confusing. 1. Professionals (?) were involved in the installation and configuration. 2. It's so much worse than the original sound system that we all complained about. 3. It's getting progressively worse. 4. When people like Sala, Wildhack and the likes are in the building they either don't recognize this or are not informed by someone else like a worker in the Dome. 5. If they are aware, they still continue to make videos that no one can hear, and hire "hosts". I think they better keep the price of the sound "upgrade" under wraps, as I'm sure it's embarrassing. Something has to be done. That said, the sound in the bathrooms at our beloved troughs is clear and crisp. And if anyone has a link to the pre-game video that was narrated by McNabb, please share it.

Looking forward to colder weather and snow, so flip-flop guy will wear a different shoe.

With the popularity of Stranger Things, and the subsequent surge Metallica is getting with younger people from it, the marching band played "Master of Puppets" during a break. Muddled as it may have been.

This new roof is a major culprit in these sound issues, but it is a major asset when it comes to small crowds. That sucker made us sound like a crowd of millions. Crazy, with the crowd sizes we've had as of late, that we may be amongst the loudest in Dome history.

Speaking of crowd noise, the "Noise Meter" although fake, works very well to get the place rocking.

While I have always been very anti-cheerleader with a microphone, I think they found the solution. They brought out a cute little thing and had her lead the cheer. They just need to time it better. A nice touch as far as I'm concerned. Not sure how they select a kid, but choosing a little one each game to lead the charge works for me. All is forgiven!!

Has anyone figured out who the skinny dude in the plain #10 jersey was on the sideline?

Lastly, the Cuse Grand Prix. An animated Toyota truck race. Basically, the same thing you get at any major stadium, but orange, blue and white trucks. It's silly, but it works. In Baltimore, its Ketchup, Mustard, and Relish. And it gets huge response. To the degree that you can actually buy a green "Relish" shirt with the Oriole logo, as well as ketchup and mustard shirts. Like Tom mentioned, maybe as time passes, they can update it to include Syracuse landmarks.

I got nothing else. Hopefully as the season progresses, there will be more for me to over-critique.

LGO
I was sitting at Varsity having a couple slices and I look up and Tirico was standing directly in front of me waiting to get a slice. Totally star struck me.

The kid in the 10 jersey is ADJW son.

90DA790A-1993-448B-AB66-20E06FF75877.jpeg
Here is a picture of the student section from my viewpoint from 332, your neighboring section.

We need an intro song. After our opening Saturday night with the lights and smoke I was pumped and all I had running through my head was Enter Sandman. I say we just run with it. VT doesn’t need it anymore. f’em

IMO, ADJW’s kid should take off the jersey and go sit down.

We need an intro song. After our opening Saturday night with the lights and smoke I was pumped and all I had running through my head was Enter Sandman. I say we just run with it. VT doesn’t need it anymore. f’em

Yeah they can't just come out as soon as the video is over. The video should transition into an entrance song that pumps up the crowd/team. I've been saying that for years. It's anti-climatic the way that they do it now.

I am once again pushing for:

Nothin' But A Good Time - Poison
Saturday Night's Alright For Fightin' - Elton John
For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

"...we come from the land of the ICE AND SNOW..."

I still like a montage of great SU runs to "Bjorn to Run" Jim, Ernie, Floyd, Joe, Donovan, Missle, Schwedes, Hurley, Monk, Owens, Richardson, Shrader, Tucker, Harrison, Dar Dar, plus any defensive or kick returns. It sells itself and (almost) everyone knows all the words, but can you hear the crowd..."Baby we were born to run". It would be nuts.

Plant wrote those lyrics after they had played in Reykyavik, Iceland.

I'd push for anything up-tempo and new

OMG no Poison. FWTBT could work though. I like the beginning to Frayed Ends of Sanity by Metallica which mimics the witches' soldiers from wizard of oz.

I actually think you could make a case, that may be Syracuses entrance song
I could be wrong, but I wonder if our kick returner picked it? He is Latin of course similarly to the Mets pitcher. And the song plays as he is about to field the kickoff, making me wonder if he picked it. I loved it.

I could be wrong, but I wonder if our kick returner picked it? He is Latin of course similarly to the Mets pitcher. And the song plays as he is about to field the kickoff, making me wonder if he picked it. I loved it.
Be careful, it’s 2022. That sounds an awful like cultural assumption.;)

Be careful, it’s 2022. That sounds an awful like cultural assumption.;)
Lol - yeah seriously. 2022 where common sense is not so common. Where we make ant hills into mountains. Ahhh what a time to be alive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom