The View From 331: Virginia | Syracusefan.com

The View From 331: Virginia

DoubleDee

All American
Man oh man. My promptness in issuing my award-winning post game review of all things not football, is about as reliable as a multi-million dollar sound system.

Not a lot going on around us this week. We came with my son's teammate and his dad, so our routine was a little off this week.

Once again kudos to the students. Booooo to the Virginia fans. All 17 of them. Also boo to the general population of the greater Syracuse area. What's it gonna take to get some bodies in there? Fortunately, the roof makes up for the missing bodies with extra sound.

Speaking of sound, it looks like this is now reached the media. Hopefully they do something about it. I see alot of comments on social about people saying, "it was perfect in section xxx", and I'm not buying it. It has seen improvements in some areas. There seems to be a major difference between music and live microphone and refs and canned music and prepared video segments. Some are good. some are awful. It's time to line the perimeters of each level with individual speakers like you see in pro stadiums. This will never work with the roof we have now.

I know Tom mentioned this already. I finally succumbed to the cheerleader with a microphone thing, when they used a child to lead the cheer. I liked it. This week, they brought out two, but no mic. Didn't work very well. This isn't rocket science.

I was a little surprised to see a guitarist on the field with the band rip into "Eruption" by EVH, and do it justice. Nice touch, even though you can really hear it well.

A drunk guy. It's funny how when you see one, it becomes your focal point. Just pretty much trashed. He had a #34 TUCKER jersey on, though I'm not entirely sure it was Sean.

I'm amazed at the amount of people who miss the obvious. A blatant call that you know what it is going to be, because you saw it live, goes against us, and we BOO. There are times when you have to know what's coming, and that it's the right call. There are people who boo for every single one. People.

I got nothing else. Let's keep it up.

LGO

I saw exactly ONE Virginia fan… and that was leaving the Dome walking down the hill. By comparison, we saw hundreds of Purdue fans, hanging out in the quad, looking at the Ernie Davis statue, seated all around the Dome, milling through the concourse. But just ONE UVA fan. Just sad.

Last edited:
I saw exactly ONE Virginia fan… and that was leaving the Dome walking down the hill. By comparison, we saw hundreds of Purdue fans, hanging out in the quad, looking at the Ernie Davis statue, seated all around the Dome, milling through the concourse. But just ONE UVA fan. Just sad.

Basketball school. Actually, one could make a pretty strong argument that the local/casual fan views Louisville and Purdue in the same/similar light, hence, a contributing factor in the lower than ideal crowd turnout. UConn, of course, is also a hoops school, though that game was played in Storrs.

I thought Louisville had a decent showing considering the distance.

Living here in Charlottesville I can tell you that there isn’t a whole lot of confidence in their team this year. Its a basketball town anyway, but I think things took a hit for football when Bronco stepped down. I do think Tony Elliott will get things corrected, but it may take a few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom