The view from Montreal | Syracusefan.com

The view from Montreal

cuseguy

Living Legend
Nice to be able to see the team in person even as I was wiping sweat from my brow. Hottest I've been at a basketball game, no doubt. And good thing there wasn't a fire in the gym - only two small exits - or 900 of us would have perished.

Currie Gym on the campus of McGill apparently isn't as well known as the Dome. My French-speaking taxi driver wasn't clear where we wanted to go but was finally able to get us there after I told him it was next to Molson Stadium.

To be fair, the gym entrance is well disguised, a sleepy, old school entrance built before WWII. You follow a long maze to find the gym, a 10-minute journey through the bowels of the McGill athletic complex.

The heat inside, of course, came as advertised. Thought of purchasing a nice, cold Molson but figured the alcohol would wouldn't go well in this sweat box.

The game? Probably not a lot I can add that Tomcat and others already have.

Just loved CJ until he bruised his ankle/leg. Ennis already looks comfortable at the point. I just hope he can hold up over a long season. Grant is a stud. Sky is the limit.

I think the two spot may be by committee for quite some time. Team three-point shooting is a concern when Cooney is missing from outside.

Coleman continues to struggle when me plays with his back to the basket and puts the ball on the floor. But I think we'll see slow improvement there.

Christmas continues to struggle with his back to the basket and became frustrated numerous times when smaller, less talented McGill players got in his way. He's going to face a challenge at the 4 with Grant stepping up.

This team is deep and talented. Hard to believe JB is going to be able to trim this rotation to seven or eight players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom