There are Probably Some Posters Who Haven't Heard the Dome... | Syracusefan.com

There are Probably Some Posters Who Haven't Heard the Dome...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
when it's jam packed to the rafters and going crazy. I can recall Florida, Miami, Tennessee. You can't hear yourself think much less hear what the guy next to you is saying. The place is literally shaking to the point where you think it might collapse. It's nothing like being in the Superdome for example. Opposing teams do start questioning themselves if stuff starts to go wrong.

Miami circa 92 0r 93?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Top 5 of my loudest moments witnessed for a FB game in Dome:
1. vs Miami 1992 Conley Interception
2. vs WVU 1987 Owens 2 pt conversion
3. vs PSU 1987 Moore opening TD catch
4. vs Miami 1998 McNabb intro
5. vs VT 1998 McNabb to Brominski
5b vs Aub 2001 every time Campbell was under center
5c vs Tenn 1998 4th down that led to pass intef.

I wasn't in the Dome for Nebraska 85 or Florida 91

Last edited:
I agree. I remember the days when I left the dome with a headache from the noise level. I recall reports were they said the noise level was as loud as a jet engine. I can't for Saturday to a get here !!!

I was standing in the aisle of the 1st level end zone where MO ran for the 2 pt conversion. I just recall high 5 and hugging complete strangers as everyone was losing their mind. The loudest I have ever heard the place...and I have seen Van Halen, Rolling Stones, and U2 in the same venue. Just hoping we can blow the roof off one more time!!!!

I was standing in the aisle of the 1st level end zone where MO ran for the 2 pt conversion. I just recall high 5 and hugging complete strangers as everyone was losing their mind. The loudest I have ever heard the place...and I have seen Van Halen, Rolling Stones, and U2 in the same venue. Just hoping we can blow the roof off one more time!!!!
I was in the student section (completely opposite corner). I can confirm that complete strangers were high-fiving and hugging. Everyone just basically looked around for people to hug - amazing. PSU in '87 was bedlam from the time the team ran out onto the field until the final gun. The Dome was full for the team running out, something that doesn't happen anymore, sadly. People need to be in their seats and making noise for the opening kickoff. It sets the tone for the game, whereas people not getting in until midway through the first quarter is very disappointing.

I was't at the VT game in 1998, but I remember being a teenager at the 2002 VT game at the Dome. The 4th quarter was the craziest mix of emotions I've ever witnessed. Randall/Wilford contacted on deep pass after deep pass that silenced the Dome. But then Nunes/Tyree contacted on deep pass after deep pass that would cause the Dome to explode!!! Awesome to pull out the W in OT in what was otherwise a lack luster season.

Looking forward to hearing a boisterous crowd this weekend!

There was a game during the McNabb era where the televeision braodcast kept showing the decible levels exceeding 110-115 consistently.

I was't at the VT game in 1998, but I remember being a teenager at the 2002 VT game at the Dome. The 4th quarter was the craziest mix of emotions I've ever witnessed. Randall/Wilford contacted on deep pass after deep pass that silenced the Dome. But then Nunes/Tyree contacted on deep pass after deep pass that would cause the Dome to explode!!! Awesome to pull out the W in OT in what was otherwise a lack luster season.

Loudest game I attended. Ringing ears for days, headache, could not hear my brother in law who was sitting next to me. Great game. Let's hope the fans have the Dome as loud as ever on Saturday. Sadly, I will have to watch on TV.

Michigan '99 was damn loud too!...BTW, Troy is still running backwards

Nebraska was actually '84. I was a student from 80-85, and unfortunately during that era, there wasn't much for the Dome to really get rocking about for football (my first couple of years there, there were people showing up at games with paper bags on their heads).
The one real bright spot for that era, the upset of Nebraska, I was back home that weekend working on my friggin car!
It still bugs me that I wasn't there to participate in that celebration - I think that game is the one that really marked the turnaround of the program under Coach Mac.

noise-levels.jpg

I was at all of these. I would have to move #3 up to #1 however. Unreal

The loudest I personally have ever heard the Dome was our go-ahead touchdown (50 yard bomb from Mason to Harrison) vs. Oklahoma in 1994 with about 2 minutes left after having been down 24-0.

I was not at any of the 1987 games, admittedly.

'87 Penn State game was bananas. See this '87 season recap video. At the :03 second mark, look for the guy at the bottom of the screen in a white hat with blue brim. That's me! The first play to Moore is at the 2:15 mark. Listen to the crowd go crazy when he catches that pass. Loudest I've ever heard. Imagine how much louder it would have been if all of us dildos weren't waving those orange pom poms and were actually clapping. :D

Nebraska was actually '84. I was a student from 80-85, and unfortunately during that era, there wasn't much for the Dome to really get rocking about for football (my first couple of years there, there were people showing up at games with paper bags on their heads).
The one real bright spot for that era, the upset of Nebraska, I was back home that weekend working on my friggin car!
It still bugs me that I wasn't there to participate in that celebration - I think that game is the one that really marked the turnaround of the program under Coach Mac.

They didn't let us tear the goalposts down. :D

I was at this VT game you speak of. That was nothing to how loud it can be. Someone up above posted Donovan's intro on senior day which is the loudest I have heard. And that was only 4th. That was like 50 times louder than anything from that VT game. If you are going Saturday you are in for a treat.

The loudest I personally have ever heard the Dome was our go-ahead touchdown (50 yard bomb from Mason to Harrison) vs. Oklahoma in 1994 with about 2 minutes left after having been down 24-0.

I was not at any of the 1987 games, admittedly.

Really, really underrated game. But Gary Gibbs would agree that our crowd was pretty brutal that day.

Really, really underrated game. But Gary Gibbs would agree that our crowd was pretty brutal that day.

ahh yes love reliving another brutal loss to start the season. how many years did we have a crushing loss in the first game or 2? seemed at least a decade straight

ahh yes love reliving another brutal loss to start the season. how many years did we have a crushing loss in the first game or 2? seemed at least a decade straight
Pretty sure we coined the term: "What Loss" from the 90s.

The 94 Oklahoma Game was so loud on the TV...when we went ahead.

'87 Penn State game was bananas. See this '87 season recap video. At the :03 second mark, look for the guy at the bottom of the screen in a white hat with blue brim. That's me! The first play to Moore is at the 2:15 mark. Listen to the crowd go crazy when he catches that pass. Loudest I've ever heard. Imagine how much louder it would have been if all of us dildos weren't waving those orange pom poms and were actually clapping. :D

Crush the
Black
Shoes

Brewster 5?