There have been thousands of championship games in | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

There have been thousands of championship games in

I thought the refs flat out missed some calls, turnovers etc. I also thought the Flagrant 1 on karnowski was bad.

That said the NCAA has made it very clear that the game needs to change and this was an example of it. I have no problem with how this is called. I have a problem with the consistency over the course of a year (it doesn't exist). The physical stuff and impeding movement needs to end.

We complain when there are no calls and complain when there are too many.

The first half was fine. It was like they took a break at halftime and decided they were bored in the first half.

Yeah, I've been to a number of U14 AAU tournaments lately and I'm pretty sure the guys I've been seeing working these games would give them a run for their money on being the worstest.

This makes sense. One of the refs from the Final Four was actually my ref in High School. I don't know when he became one of the top NCAA refs in the country, but he was my HS ref 7 years ago and did all the local AAU tournaments as well.

I honestly appreciate the perspective you bring to these discussions as an actual ref. And I think that most people realize that as the game gets faster and the players bigger / more athletic, that it is increasingly more difficult to get calls right in real time.

Not shooting the messenger here at all. It just goes to show how disruptive poor officiating can be. Systemic issue right now in college ball that won't be solved until there is some standardized way to hold refs accountable. Don't see that happening until they are employees instead of contractors -- there are just too many NCAA games for them all to be full time employees.

Thanks and no worries. One of the big reasons I "came out" :D here as a ref was hoping that by introducing a viewpoint not often available to basketball fans, it might help others to get interested in officiating. However, I fear I've been less than successful in that. :)

I am friends with a stripe who works A-10 and other games and has worked the tournament before. He claims he has no idea on how the evaluation process works in terms of moving on in the tournament. Also every big time sports league needs to take a lesson from the golf world - review your rule book and cut down on some rules. Less may be more for all these officials in terms of game management and fairness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom