There is no bigger JB fan than me but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

There is no bigger JB fan than me but...

Can someone ask Boeheim why we keep running that corner baseline inbounds play?

I'm not even trying to be funny. It's just so ridiculous that we run it multiple times a game and turn it over 1-2 of those times.

Stop it.
Practice makes perfect. One day, we'll execute it perfectly, and you will weep as you are overcome by the majesty of the moment.

Thompson wanted to stay. His mommy took away his cellphone so he could not communicate with staff. Seton Hall tampered with her all last season.

Now you know the rest of the story.
I know for a fact he didn’t like JB.
I am sure Seton Hall tampered.
Once he was here. He could stayed if he wanted.
His mom was a problem but I know for a fact TT had friction. I was told by a support staffer. JB got on him hard for some classwork TT slacked on.

It really all boils down to one issue: the point play.
You get a great point guard and these problems all but disappear.

In a sense, it's amazing that the Orange offense is as -good-as it is.
Because almost every possession is the same thing...Howard, Battle or Brissett trying to drive or hoist a jumper without even a passing thought of passing.

It really all boils down to one issue: the point play.
You get a great point guard and these problems all but disappear.

In a sense, it's amazing that the Orange offense is as -good-as it is.
Because almost every possession is the same thing...Howard, Battle or Brissett trying to drive or hoist a jumper without even a passing thought of passing.
That's not fair to Howard. He passes and would have double digit assists if he wasn't throwing it to guys who act like they've been electrocuted by catching the ball.

His mom was a problem but I know for a fact TT had friction. I was told by a support staffer. JB got on him hard for some classwork TT slacked on.

No one likes JB while they play for him. What you posted is peanuts next to other stuff that's happened here.

Bigger point is its impossible to account for a guy who doesn't show up on the first day in school.

This team literally can't imbound the ball at this point. We turned it over no joke on 3 or 4 simple inbounds passes. Its clear this team has no depth and seriously lacks Offensive talent (Marek airballing a 3 footer) but I am seeing a JB team struggle in areas that they never have. As someone who wanted JB over Hopkins I wonder if were getting into Paterno/Bowden terriory. Looking forward to next year but its time to start sounding the alarm bells.
I loved the inbounds play at the end of the half against Virginia. Virginia missed a shot and we got the ball on a tie up with Brissett rebound. 3.6 seconds left in the half. ball taken out on the side line (our backcourt), not the end line. We throw the ball into Howard going towards our defensive basket instead of towards the frontcourt or at least in the direction of the offensive hoop. We get a bAd REAL DEEP LOOK AT THE HOOP. No realistic chance and Virginia ends up with possession arrow for the start of the 2nd half. Just no game preparation... Roll out the ball and fall back in the zone. On offense, high ball screen (and double team on our point guard). 4 more years of this ...

I'm just sick of that excuse. We had 11 scholarships available this season and we used 9 (now down to 8 with Thorpe leaving). That's mismanagement of the roster and is inexcusable in my opinion. And I get that Thompson left late in the game, but we weren't bringing in Dolezaj until after he left, so that's a wash in terms of scholarships available. We have no shooters, we have a PG that turns the ball over 7 times a game and we don't have a single big with any discernible offensive skill. That's not the sanctions' fault. That's the staff's fault.
There were also restrictions on coaches being out recruiting. It wasn't just scholarships.

That's not fair to Howard. He passes and would have double digit assists if he wasn't throwing it to guys who act like they've been electrocuted by catching the ball.

First time ive laughed since todays game, thank you!

Getting back to the inbounding issue. One thing I keep saying (and it keeps happening) is Oshae never runs the baseline after a made basket. Does he know the rule? Why isn't the staff addressing that?

I loved the inbounds play at the end of the half against Virginia. Virginia missed a shot and we got the ball on a tie up with Brissett rebound. 3.6 seconds left in the half. ball taken out on the side line (our backcourt), not the end line. We throw the ball into Howard going towards our defensive basket instead of towards the frontcourt or at least in the direction of the offensive hoop. We get a bAd REAL DEEP LOOK AT THE HOOP. No realistic chance and Virginia ends up with possession arrow for the start of the 2nd half. Just no game preparation... Roll out the ball and fall back in the zone. On offense, high ball screen (and double team on our point guard). 4 more years of this ...
I had this complaint and no time outs to value possession

Shame on JB for getting on his players for not doing class work.

Shame on JB for getting on his players for not doing class work.
Where did I blame JB for that.
I am glad TT is gone but the poster above(not the one I was talking with) JB’s personal PR firm.
TT left because of JB and his mom.

Goodbye to him.

Where did I blame JB for that.
I am glad TT is gone but the poster above(not the one I was talking with) JB’s personal PR firm.
TT left because of JB and his mom.

Goodbye to him.

Me?

I’m going to blame the youth. Guys are on the court that shouldn’t be at this point in their careers.
Not the youth thing again! Why is Kentucky in the tournament every year starting five freshman? Tired of that stupid excuse!

Not the youth thing again! Why is Kentucky in the tournament every year starting five freshman? Tired of that stupid excuse!

Well, because they get the best or second best freshman class in the country every year and half of their freshmen would skip college and be first round picks if the NBA allowed it. We have never recruited on that level...and really, neither has anybody else. This parade of top guys all going to Kentucky is a pretty recent thing.

It's definitely true over the last 10 or so years. We run the same 2-3 inbounds plays from under the basket on our side of the court. Have not run a different play besides those in at least 10 years. On the other side of the court, against the press, we don't set any screens or anything. Our PG either just pushes off or tries to seal off his man, or we have a big run down the sideline to take the inbounds. It's a pathetic lack of creativity or ability to adapt, which again is on the coaching staff.
JB is the new Denny Crum. Stayed way to long and university has no balls to tell him its over.

Well, because they get the best or second best freshman class in the country every year and half of their freshmen would skip college and be first round picks if the NBA allowed it. We have never recruited on that level...and really, neither has anybody else. This parade of top guys all going to Kentucky is a pretty recent thing.
So your saying that Kentucky players are not really freshman so the youth excuse doesn't work for them, just SU.

Kentucky has 27 players in the NBA. We have 9.

Why is Kentucky good every year with freshmen? Umm, because they get the best players?!

By the way, Syracuse has the 7th most players in the NBA. We recruit fine. We’re not in Kentucky’s league and neither is anyone else except Duke. Nobody else could win with a bunch of freshmen either.

NBA players by school:
Kentucky - 27
Duke - 20
Kansas - 16
UNC - 16
UCLA - 15
Arizona - 12
Syracuse - 9