There is no bigger JB fan than me but... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

There is no bigger JB fan than me but...

So your saying that Kentucky players are not really freshman so the youth excuse doesn't work for them, just SU.

No, I’m saying Kentucky and Duke get all the best players and are the only schools that could win with that amount of youth, so the “youth excuse” works for literally every other program in the country - not just SU.

We aren’t Kentucky. Get over it.

I'm just sick of that excuse. We had 11 scholarships available this season and we used 9 (now down to 8 with Thorpe leaving). That's mismanagement of the roster and is inexcusable in my opinion. And I get that Thompson left late in the game, but we weren't bringing in Dolezaj until after he left, so that's a wash in terms of scholarships available. We have no shooters, we have a PG that turns the ball over 7 times a game and we don't have a single big with any discernible offensive skill. That's not the sanctions' fault. That's the staff's fault.
You can be sick of it all you want to it's a fact. It's the reason we don't have Huerter. It's also the reason that we don't have any upperclassman.

I know for a fact he didn’t like JB.
I am sure Seton Hall tampered.
Once he was here. He could stayed if he wanted.
His mom was a problem but I know for a fact TT had friction. I was told by a support staffer. JB got on him hard for some classwork TT slacked on.
WRONG TT wanted to stay. Period. he isn't like you or me. A guy that would tell his mom, no mom, I'm staying. That isn't TT

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been a JB fan, but his treatment of Tyler Roberson, last year especially, makes me look forward to the day when he is no longer our coach. Just a bully, picking on the players that allow it. When the day comes, I hope JW is ready, with a list of young, aggressive, positive coaches in his pocket.

I think the biggest issue for years has been the lack of offense. This year is about as bad as it gets in that regard. I like the zone (although I’d like to see the press used more), Boeheim has a good defensive strategy but only thinks zone. So we recruit for the zone and don’t get the scorers we need. I really think our recruiting choices/ability are ultimately what is dooming us. We need to recruit guys that can play zone and score. Guys that also can complete in transition as the zone is supposed to create offense that way. JB also needs to recruit and elevate more players so he could have fresh legs to use the press more. Ugh.

I've never been a JB fan, but his treatment of Tyler Roberson, last year especially, makes me look forward to the day when he is no longer our coach. Just a bully, picking on the players that allow it. When the day comes, I hope JW is ready, with a list of young, aggressive, positive coaches in his pocket.

We’d still have Geno if JB treated him with the respect a 5th year senior deserves.

Kentucky has 27 players in the NBA. We have 9.

Why is Kentucky good every year with freshmen? Umm, because they get the best players?!

By the way, Syracuse has the 7th most players in the NBA. We recruit fine. We’re not in Kentucky’s league and neither is anyone else except Duke. Nobody else could win with a bunch of freshmen either.

NBA players by school:
Kentucky - 27
Duke - 20
Kansas - 16
UNC - 16
UCLA - 15
Arizona - 12
Syracuse - 9
The original post is SU can't win because they are young. I just used Kentucky as an example that teams cann win with youth. Post has nothing to do with the gibberish you just posted

The original post is SU can't win because they are young. I just used Kentucky as an example that teams cann win with youth. Post has nothing to do with the gibberish you just posted

Kentucky’s freshmen are the elite, top recruits and are ready to win immediately. SU’s, like most freshmen, are not.

Not sure what’s difficult to understand about that. I suspect that it’s not, you’re just mad.

Can someone ask Boeheim why we keep running that corner baseline inbounds play?

I'm not even trying to be funny. It's just so ridiculous that we run it multiple times a game and turn it over 1-2 of those times.

Stop it.
Once yesterday Battle went deep into the backcourt and they passed out to him. Not aggressive but I'd take that every time.

I'm just sick of that excuse. We had 11 scholarships available this season and we used 9 (now down to 8 with Thorpe leaving). That's mismanagement of the roster and is inexcusable in my opinion. And I get that Thompson left late in the game, but we weren't bringing in Dolezaj until after he left, so that's a wash in terms of scholarships available. We have no shooters, we have a PG that turns the ball over 7 times a game and we don't have a single big with any discernible offensive skill. That's not the sanctions' fault. That's the staff's fault.

Bingo! Not only would I like this an obscene amount if I could, but an "offensive" amount! ;):)

Pretty sure we got Dolezaj when we missed on Tucker, and were bringing him in regardless of what Thompson did.

Howard does not turn it over 7 times a game. Too much, but not 7. We have 2 shooters. Not enough but it’s not none. Sidibe has some skill, but he’s hobbled.

Not sure we have 2 shooters. Maybe 1.

Blessing in disguise I guess. Imagine if he became the go to guy here. She would get more airtime then lavar ball.

For as loony as everyone said says she is I've yet to see a quote from her.

Because their freshman are usually 5 star talents and they are in a conference that guarantees them a minimum of 20 wins.
So five star freshman are not considered youth...got it. So lets just say that SU freshman suck because they are not five star players. I guess that is where you are going with this.