There is no bigger JB fan than me but... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

There is no bigger JB fan than me but...

So five star freshman are not considered youth...got it. So lets just say that SU freshman suck because they are not five star players. I guess that is where you are going with this.

You named the biggest anomaly in college b-ball history, and think you made a good point.

You can be sick of it all you want to it's a fact. It's the reason we don't have Huerter. It's also the reason that we don't have any upperclassman.

Huerter is our modern day Donyell Marshall. Fact is, we lost them both because of JB and the sanctions hammered down on the university. So, JB has a lot of culpability here, as he does with the questionable management of the roster and his recent big misses on the recruiting trail, especially at the lead guard position.

The original post is SU can't win because they are young. I just used Kentucky as an example that teams cann win with youth. Post has nothing to do with the gibberish you just posted
You must have missed the class where anecdotal and empirical evidence were discussed

Huerter is our modern day Donyell Marshall. Fact is, we lost them both because of JB and the sanctions hammered down on the university. So, JB has a lot of culpability here, as he does with the questionable management of the roster and his recent big misses on the recruiting trail, especially at the lead guard position.

Big misses on the recruiting trail? Do you mean those guys that keep going to the NBA early?

Questionable management of the roster? Questionable by whom? You?

Ummmm... Not sure what you mean, the SU hill?

Huh.

It’s a metaphor for taking a position and defending it relentlessly. I’d be hesitant to take that approach with “there’s no difference between the freshman class at Kentucky and ours” but I think most internet arguments are silly and I try not to get bogged down in any one in particular.

JB has his share of the responsibility for the sanctions. I guess we can agree to disagree whether we should have been hit with them.

Big misses on the recruiting trail? Do you mean those guys that keep going to the NBA early?

Questionable management of the roster? Questionable by whom? You?

If our roster management wasn't questionable then why don't we have a respectable record in the ACC since good ole 25-0?

We're playing 3 guys 35 minutes plus almost every season, that's a sign of a healthy roster?

Come on.

If our roster management wasn't questionable then why don't we have a respectable record in the ACC since good ole 25-0?

We're playing 3 guys 35 minutes plus almost every season, that's a sign of a healthy roster?

Come on.
Our roster has to be limited. We don't have the same ships as the teams we play. I can't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

Our roster has to be limited. We don't have the same ships as the teams we play. I can't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

That's an excuse. We've been giving walkons scholarships way before sanctions.

We've struck out on guys, that's the reason.

Come on.

What's "roster management" anyway?

You can't make recruits come. You can't keep kids from leaving.

And notwithstanding your credentials as a exercise physiologist or physician, there's nothing wrong with playing players 35 minutes.

JB has his share of the responsibility for the sanctions. I guess we can agree to disagree whether we should have been hit with them.

Let’s stop relitigating the sanctions.

And notwithstanding your credentials as a exercise physiologist or physician, there's nothing wrong with playing players 35 minutes.

That sir is a rationalization brought forward by the fact that we had no bench for several years and have been forced to do so. We’d be far better off if we had enough depth to play kids 30 or less.

You do realize it's the head coach that gets the players on the team right?

Smirk

Even more amazing is their ability to determine just how tired players are through their TV sets.

Who needs all those examining rooms and clinics?

Some in our fan base just know how tired these guys are.

I have done some reading on so-called tiredness and it turns out to be a very complicated subject with lots of different opinions. They measure heart rates, blood oxygen content and worry lot about recovery rates and the like.

These doctors are wasting their time. All they need is a TV set, a Laz-e-boy and a bog bowl of potato chips. That's what works here on this forum.

That sir is a rationalization brought forward by the fact that we had no bench for several years and have been forced to do so. We’d be far better off if we had enough depth to play kids 30 or less.

30 or less? Why would you want your best players to play 30 or less?

37-40 is not ideal either, but less than 30? I think 32-35 is what you want from your stars, ideally.

Remember when Carmelo Anthony played 36 mpg and all the tread was worn off him for the NBA? Lolololol.

Why?

37-40 is not ideal either, but less than 30? I think 32-35 is what you want from your stars, ideally.

Remember when Carmelo Anthony played 36 mpg and all the tread was worn off him for the NBA? Lolololol.

So more TV time outs, play stoppage, foul shots have no effect on this 32-35 idea?

You do realize it's the head coach that gets the players on the team right?

Ahh, the Blame Game.

You are unhappy with the results, so you find out who is the blame. And it's easy if you can just find the person in charge.

So more TV time outs, play stoppage, foul shots have no effect on this 32-35 idea?

Every player is different, every game is different.

If you’ve got guys on your bench that can play, I think it can be helpful for a player to get a 2-3 minute blow each half if they need one.

Even more amazing is their ability to determine just how tired players are through their TV sets.

Who needs all those examining rooms and clinics?

Some in our fan base just know how tired these guys are.

I have done some reading on so-called tiredness and it turns out to be a very complicated subject with lots of different opinions. They measure heart rates, blood oxygen content and worry lot about recovery rates and the like.

These doctors are wasting their time. All they need is a TV set, a Laz-e-boy and a bog bowl of potato chips. That's what works here on this forum.
It's funny, because you just replied to a doctor...

I'm more convinced than ever that your last name rhymes with flayhime.

Fine. Let Battle play 35. Play Howard 30, and Washington 15...the problem is in the front court. Brisette at 37 a game as a freshman is lunacy. The kid had zero legs late yesterday.

Fine. Let Battle play 35. Play Howard 30, and Washington 15...the problem is in the front court. Brisette at 37 a game as a freshman is lunacy. The kid had zero legs late yesterday.

What’s the front court answer though? Battle doesn’t rebound and doesn’t defend nearly as well at the bottom of the zone. Sidibe is apparently not healthy. That leaves Marek, who has struggled badly lately. Agreed that Brissett plays too much but...what’s the alternative? There really isn’t a good one right now from what I see.

Last edited:
What’s the front court answer though? Battle doesn’t rebound and doesn’t defend nearly as well at the bottom of the zone. Sidibe is apparently not healthy. That leaves Marek, who has struggled badly lately. Agreed that Brissett plays too much but...what’s the alternative? Their really isn’t a good one right now from what I see.

Honestly?? There isn’t one. When TT left, the seeds were sown. In the long run, better front court recruits who can shoot. Maybe not just for zone length.