These officials are horrible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

These officials are horrible

By the letter of the law, it was a chop block, I really don't know how you miss the PI, the official is right there.

I don't even get the letter of the law thing. It's the spirit of the rule. But these rules are created, and then they are just expanded on.

If an OL is engaged with a DL, you can't come in and take the guys knees out. Makes sense right? You can end a guy's season just like that.

To apply the spirit of that rule to that play because maybe the center was trying to get back to the guy who beat him and maybe got his hand on him. Just terrible. As Dino said, the center got beat, so the RB stepped up to help. That was it.

...and they've had a huge negative impact on the game thus far.

Awful.
I didn't post during the game today, hoping that would change our luck, but nothing could stop these refs today. Aside from the horrendous illegal block call, which could have been called on n.c. State numerous times, the PI on Zaire was probably the worst call I've ever seen. It was an amazing defensive job by a linebacker in full sprint downfield. I watched it ten times and couldn't deduce even a remote interpretation of pass interference. I felt bad for Zaire too.

And the fact that the announcers were so non-chalant about all of these calls pisses me off. I actually think SU alumni announcers hurt us sometimes. They try so hard to come across as unbiased that they often wuss out when they should be severly critical.

I didn't post during the game today, hoping that would change our luck, but nothing could stop these refs today. Aside from the horrendous illegal block call, which could have been called on n.c. State numerous times, the PI on Zaire was probably the worst call I've ever seen. It was an amazing defensive job by a linebacker in full sprint downfield. I watched it ten times and couldn't deduce even a remote interpretation of pass interference. I felt bad for Zaire too.

And the fact that the announcers were so non-chalant about all of these calls pisses me off. I actually think SU alumni announcers hurt us sometimes. They try so hard to come across as unbiased that they often wuss out when they should be severly critical.
I will add that the refs obviously had an agenda today. They ignored the precedent for lining up that we've had all season and stalled our offense. Who knows if they were whistle happy today bc someone at headquarters was blowing the Southern winds.

I will add that the refs obviously had an agenda today. They ignored the precedent for lining up that we've had all season and stalled our offense. Who knows if they were whistle happy today bc someone at headquarters was blowing the Southern winds.

Why would Swofford want to help NC St.? For bowl eligibility? The pack is not in the same stratosphere as Duke and UNC.

Why would Swofford want to help NC St.? For bowl eligibility? The pack is not in the same stratosphere as Duke and UNC.

You just answered your own question, protect the southern boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom