These polls are a joke | Syracusefan.com

These polls are a joke

Alsacs

Living Legend
Penn State beat Pittsburgh and lost to Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State
Kentucky beat Florida and Mississippi State and lost to Tennessee, Georgia and Texas A&M.
Florida beat LSU and lost to Georgia, Kentucky and Missouri.

These polls are so bias too the SEC and Big Ten.

No way should our resume with losses to #2 and #3 be below these teams.
The SEC doesn’t deserve 4 teams in the NY6 but because the preseason polls affect conscious of the voters it kills over achieving teams with the same win loss record.

Penn State beat Pittsburgh and lost to Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State
Kentucky beat Florida and Mississippi State and lost to Tennessee, Georgia and Texas A&M.
Florida beat LSU and lost to Georgia, Kentucky and Missouri.

These polls are so bias too the SEC and Big Ten.

No way should our resume with losses to #2 and #3 be below these teams.
The SEC doesn’t deserve 4 teams in the NY6 but because the preseason polls affect conscious of the voters it kills over achieving teams with the same win loss record.

I am just smiling at this post cause a poster is bitching about poll bias...
And we actually have a reason to care
noworries.jpg

I was ok dropping down to 20 after the ND loss because we **** the bed so bad in a big moment...

However, when you see us absolutely destroy a decent BC squad on the road with our QB who went down in the first quarter of said ND loss and realize our other losses are on the road at Clemson by one score and in OT at Pitt, I’m now a little annoyed because I don’t think the CFP Committee will bump us back up to around 15 where we deserve to be given the 8 spot drop they gave us last week.

I was ok dropping down to 20 after the ND loss because we **** the bed so bad in a big moment...

However, when you see us absolutely destroy a decent BC squad on the road with our QB who went down in the first quarter of said ND loss and realize are other losses are on the road at Clemson and in OT at Pitt, I’m now a little annoyed because I don’t think the CFP Committee will bump us back up to around 15 where we deserve to be given the 8 spot drop they gave us last week.
Penn State and Florida don’t deserve NY6 games.
Period.
Florida is a team we would beat.
They have a garbage QB and our run D has improved since Pittsburgh.

They are so overrated it’s a joke. They didn’t get punished for being destroyed at home to Missouri.
Syracuse gets destroyed by an undefeated team at a neutral site and boom Florida is now clear of Syracuse by 9 spots.
It’s a joke.
The SEC doesn’t have 4 of the top 11 teams. Plus two more teams Kentucky and Mississippi State above Syracuse.

Could be worse - look at UCF last year.
That UCF team last year was underrated but I don’t think they were better than any of the 4 playoff teams or Ohio State whom was 5th.
That team this year though if they were 13-0 and Georgia losss to Alabama should have been in the discussion for 4 spot with this year’s Oklahoma and Ohio State.

Did the new polls come out or are we complaining in advance ?
I don’t see how we jump Florida and Penn State they are the targets of my complaints.
They don’t have very good wins and have bad losses and because they were above us preseason stay above us.
This team deserves a NY6 bowl it isn’t going to get because our schedule has the #2 and #3 on it and those teams didn’t.
Hell Florida didn’t even play Alabama atleast Pennsylvania State played Ohio State and Michigan.

Penn State and Florida don’t deserve NY6 games.
Period.
Florida is a team we would beat.
They have a garbage QB and our run D has improved since Pittsburgh.

They are so overrated it’s a joke. They didn’t get punished for being destroyed at home to Missouri.
Syracuse gets destroyed by an undefeated team at a neutral site and boom Florida is now clear of Syracuse by 9 spots.
It’s a joke.
The SEC doesn’t have 4 of the top 11 teams. Plus two more teams Kentucky and Mississippi State above Syracuse.

the last 2 at large spots in ny 6 is a very tough call right now between washington state, penn state and texas.
These teams should be in playoffs or ny 6:
alabama
clemson
nd
ohio state
----
oklahoma(big 12 champ )
georgia
michigan(rose bowl replacement)
washington(pac 12 champ)
UCF
LSU

Ohio State has no business being in discussion for top 4. The fact they are shows the bias. Georgia, Oklahoma, and UCF all should be ahead of them.

georgia will be out of discussion after getting beat by bama, ucf has no top 25 wins. Oklahoma vs ohio state is in the eye of the beholder but as of now i would have ohio state just ahead

That UCF team last year was underrated but I don’t think they were better than any of the 4 playoff teams or Ohio State whom was 5th.
That team this year though if they were 13-0 and Georgia losss to Alabama should have been in the discussion for 4 spot with this year’s Oklahoma and Ohio State.

Re: UCF last year - maybe they're out of the playoffs last season due to strength of schedule.
If my team went a full season without losing at all and the playoffs included four teams with one loss though, I'd be pissed.

Are voters supposed to care about win-loss record or strength of schedule or margin of victory?
Or all of these in some arbitrary combination that is viewed differently by voters from different regions of the US?
And if you're not a traditional college football blue-blood or if you're just getting past a series of bad seasons, there seems to be a foregone conclusion that you can't be as good as the usual powerhouses.

I know there's some stats involved in voting but it sure doesn't appear to be a scientific process.

Last edited:
georgia will be out of discussion after getting beat by bama, ucf has no top 25 wins. Oklahoma vs ohio state is in the eye of the beholder but as of now i would have ohio state just ahead
I agree it’s Ohio State vs. Oklahoma but I think the big loss to Purdue is a factor against Ohio State.
The committee held the big loss against Iowa against them last year.
Oklahoma is the easier opponent for Alabama so I expect them to be ahead of Ohio State.
Plus avenging your only loss helps Oklahoma and Texas being top 15 and Northwestern being top 20 helps Oklahoma as well.

Re: UCF last year - maybe they're out of the playoffs last season due to strength of schedule.
If my team went a full season without losing at all and the playoffs included four teams with one loss though, I'd be pissed.

Are voters supposed to care about win-loss record or strength of schedule or margin of victory?
Or all of these in some arbitrary combination that is viewed differently by voters from different regions of the US?
And if you're not a traditional college football blue-blood or if you're just getting past a series of bad seasons, there seems to be a foregone conclusion that you can't be as good as the usually powerhouses.

I know there's some stats involved in voting but it sure doesn't appear to be a scientific process.
UCF isn’t in a P5 league.
That also hurt them.
I think any P5 team that goes undefeated will get in the CFB playoffs.
The American may try and make it a P6 the committee doesn’t care.

UCF last year was a more complete team. This year they aren’t as good.

I hope Georgia beats Alabama, because there's no way 'Bama with a one loss gets left out of the 4 team joke they call a playoff. Then a team currently in the 4 spot gets bumped, even if it hadn't lost. It's so obvious an 8 team playoff is needed yesterday, and a 16 team playoff tomorrow. Attempting to argue "Who's In" is comical, it's so frigging subjective...the NY6 teams is even more so.

Somehow, those lower level/capacity student athletes that play the same game can manage to have a true playoff. :confused::rolleyes:

The Big conference sucks and is overrated like always. No way Ohio State should be in. Bama will destroy them. Oklahoma can at least score on Bama.
Every friggin year that conference is overrated. How mediocre teams like Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan State constantly stay ranked for most of the year is beyond me. Oh, but this year is different they said... Michigan and OSU they said...

073DBB65-855B-4FB2-A45B-A3B6662C8E6F.gif

If I was an Oklahoma fan and Ohio State jumped me I would completely meltdown. There’s zero argument to have Ohio State ahead of them. At least Oklahoma lost to a good team.

With all due respect, your "zero" argument is amusing really, as it's subjective. The fact is, OSU has one loss, one. It also just annihilated the #4 team in the country whose defense had been superb and statistically highly rated. Who's to say a one loss Buckeye team couldn't score 70 points on a Sooner D that has given up multiple 50 point games this season?

The 4 team playoff is a joke, and it's hilarious that anyone argues with a conviction of certainty who the 4 best teams are IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom