These polls are a joke | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

These polls are a joke

Yes, really. I think you’re trying to determine the wrong thing using the wrong criteria and reaching a wrong conclusion.

I’ll agree that nobody can conclusively day that OU can beat tOSU (or the other way around), but I disagree that either there is no way of definitively knowing who should get an invite and/or that any test would be solely confined to which team would win in a hypothetical game.

And what exactly is that, the "wrong" thing, criteria and conclusion? It has absolutely nothing to do with my original post in this thread (#22) in which you responded to in my response to Cusefan's #21 post.

He stated he would have a "complete melt down" if OSU were to jump over OU as they, obviously in his opinion, are more deserving. That's fine, it's purely his opinion.

The larger cusp of my argument all along has been that the rankings are completely subjective. Therefore, with that being the case, who's to say that a 1 loss OSU team couldn't put a beat down on an OU team that has shown their share of vulnerability with giving up multiple 50 + point games. OSU just put up a 60 + spot on one of the nation's top defenses. So, to say with absolute conviction (to any point, let alone to one of a "melt down") that an OSU team is less deserving than OU is amusing, again, since it's pure opinion.

That's fine that you disagree that there is no way of definitively knowing who should get the invite, I can respect that, but the reality is, whether it is 'your way of knowing' or some of the pundits/talking heads out there, it's still one's subjective opinion. Moreover, opinions vary, unlike facts.

Last edited:
And what exactly is that, the "wrong" thing, criteria and conclusion? It has absolutely nothing to do with my original post in this thread (#22) in which you responded to in my response to Cusefan's #21 post.

He stated he would have a "complete melt down" if OSU were to jump over OU as they, obviously in his opinion, are more deserving. That's fine, it's purely his opinion.

The larger cusp of my argument all along has been that the rankings are completely subjective. Therefore, with that being the case, who's to say that a 1 loss OSU team couldn't put a beat down on an OU team that has shown their share of vulnerability with giving up multiple 50 + point games. OSU just put up a 60 + spot on one of the nation's top defenses. So, to say with absolute conviction (to any point, let alone to one of a "melt down") that an OSU team is less deserving than OU is amusing, again, since it's pure opinion.

That's fine that you disagree that there is no way of definitively knowing who should get the invite, I can respect that, but the reality is, whether it is 'your way of knowing' or some of the pundits/talking heads out there, it's still one's subjective opinion. Moreover, opinions vary, unlike facts.
I can definitively tell you some teams who shouldn’t get an invite. Your myriad of posts indicate that I can’t. You’re wrong.

If you want to be painfully literal, UConn (and train wrecks that look like them). If you want to be reasonable, tOSU (and otherwise good teams with ugly losses).

You’re focusing on who deserves to be in, and not who deserves to be out.

Last edited:
I mean they did try to prove themselves with TCU. Yeah TCU ended at 6-6 but they were ranked to start the season. You can’t control what your opponents do outside of you. But what people seem to miss a lot of times is there is a log of luck in this especially when it comes to SOS. You okay the teams in your schedule. You schedule TCU expecting them to be a very good team as they always are and they lay a dud. It just happens. I don’t have an edge in either right now as they’fe really similar.

I’d like to see ND v Bama, but in the semis.

Would love to see Georgia take Bama to OT on Saturday and jump to 3.

Then we either have the rematch or Batman v Robin again.

No more ND than 1 game.

Was listening to VSIN this morning and they had a guy on from the Westgate who makes the lines there. He said Georgia would be a six point favorite over OU and a 6.5 favorite over OSU. He said OU would be a one point favorite over OSU. Very little doubt in my mind that UGA belongs in but the only way to make it happen is to seed them 3 to avoid the Bama/UGA rematch.

the committee has been hammering oklahoma for lack of defense every week so thats why i think they would be ahead though i expect this week they will do the simple thing and just slide georgia up to 4

If MD didn't go full MD and actual converted that wide open 2pt conversion...

Was listening to VSIN this morning and they had a guy on from the Westgate who makes the lines there. He said Georgia would be a six point favorite over OU and a 6.5 favorite over OSU. He said OU would be a one point favorite over OSU. Very little doubt in my mind that UGA belongs in but the only way to make it happen is to seed them 3 to avoid the Bama/UGA rematch.
Michigan was a 4.5 Point favorite at Ohio State.
We just saw Oklahoma-Georgia in the Rose Bowl last year. I think if they played again it would be the same type of game. UGA would be able to run all day on Oklahoma’s D and Kyler Murray would torch Georgia’s D.
If Alabama beats Georgia by 2 TDs another team deserves a chance against them. As you said Georgia at 4 would be a rematch and that in the semifinals wouldn’t good.

I think Georgia looks better than either Oklahoma or Ohio State but they ar getting their shot this week. Win or next year.
If Georgia had a Tua equivalent I think they could win the game but the QB is the difference.

If MD didn't go full MD and actual converted that wide open 2pt conversion...
And if Oklahoma state didn’t do the exact same thing against Oklahoma the week prior...

And if Oklahoma state didn’t do the exact same thing against Oklahoma the week prior...

And if Cuse could convert a 4th down or stop one against Clemson- they would be in the same exact conversation with OSU, OU, and UGA.

Every team other than Alabama has warts.

Michigan was a 4.5 Point favorite at Ohio State.
We just saw Oklahoma-Georgia in the Rose Bowl last year. I think if they played again it would be the same type of game. UGA would be able to run all day on Oklahoma’s D and Kyler Murray would torch Georgia’s D.
If Alabama beats Georgia by 2 TDs another team deserves a chance against them. As you said Georgia at 4 would be a rematch and that in the semifinals wouldn’t good.

I think Georgia looks better than either Oklahoma or Ohio State but they ar getting their shot this week. Win or next year.
If Georgia had a Tua equivalent I think they could win the game but the QB is the difference.

And Ohio State was a 13 point favorite over Purdue. We can play that game all night long. Six points is a significant difference.

I'd rather see them re-jigger the seedings than allow OSU in when they don't belong.

Last edited:
I can definitively tell you some teams who shouldn’t get an invite. Your myriad of posts indicate that I can’t. You’re wrong.

If you want to be painfully literal, UConn (and train wrecks that look like them). If you want to be reasonable, tOSU (and otherwise good teams with ugly losses).

You’re focusing on who deserves to be in, and not who deserves to be out.

Something between us here is being lost in translation. If those "definite" teams that you can tell me that shouldn't get in are Florida, LSU, etc. then yes, you can "definitely" tell me this. However, you continue to move the goalposts here, as that hasn't ever been the argument, at least not one by me. Staying on point, the argument is that there is no way anyone can say with any certainty that OSU is less deserving than OU, it's pure opinion, and both have one loss and their respective weaknesses.

I have never focused on who deserves to be in, or who deserves to be out, that's your incorrect interpretation of my posts, again, lost in translation. Actually, I've said the opposite, as in how does anyone know, let alone with any degree of conviction/certainty, that OSU is less deserving than OU or vice versa. It's pure opinion.

And if Cuse could convert a 4th down or stop one against Clemson- they would be in the same exact conversation with OSU, OU, and UGA.

Every team other than Alabama has warts.
Yep that’s the point I was getting at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom