These polls are a joke | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

These polls are a joke

Alsacs, I feel like you're all over the place with your take on PSU. Your OP only acknowledges their win against Pitt which is their 3rd best win of the year. Then in Post #59 you say Penn State hasn't beaten anyone good except for Pitt and Wisconsin. But then this post says PSU hasn't beaten anyone good at all.

And then none of your posts acknowledge their win against Iowa who is ranked #15 in the ESPN power index and is by far their best win of the year.
No offense but I don’t care to waste the energy on you just looking to pick a fight.
Pittsburgh and Wisconsin suck when they are your best wins. I don’t think they are any different than Boston College or Wake Forest.

No offense but I don’t care to waste the energy on you just looking to pick a fight.
Pittsburgh and Wisconsin suck when they are your best wins. I don’t think they are any different than Boston College or Wake Forest.

But I can't figure out why you're refusing to acknowledge their best win against Iowa.

That is your MO to a T. Somebody counters your opinion and you get indignant. This is just a message board with varied opinions. Some of those opinions are well thought out with logic while others are seen through a heavy dose of bias. But at the end of the day they're just opinions and people have the right to disagree.

Neither Pitt nor Wisconsin are PSUs best win.

Not that it matters as i don’t think PSU will get a NY6 Bowl.

The four best teams should play for the title. Uga should be in without question.
Why are they undisputed top 4?
Georgia is a good team but their schedule doesn’t tell me they are top 4.
Alabama is the only team I think that has clear separation.
Notre Dame and Clemson are good but they aren’t Alabama.
Georgia doesn’t have the Notre Dame win it had last season.
Georgia has an elite rushing game but I don’t think they are necessarily better than Ohio State.
I don’t like Ohio State but they have a better offense than Georgia. Georgia has a better defense.

That is your MO to a T. Somebody counters your opinion and you get indignant. This is just a message board with varied opinions. Some of those opinions are well thought out with logic while others are seen through a heavy dose of bias. But at the end of the day they're just opinions and people have the right to disagree.
No it’s the poster who is doing what I just said. If the poster was somebody else where it wouldn’t be 4-5 posts back and forth where nothing would change I would engage. Just like I did with Celuck.
Eric is a smart in coming at me. I don’t want to waste time with him plain and simple.

Neither Pitt nor Wisconsin are PSUs best win.

Not that it matters as i don’t think PSU will get a NY6 Bowl.
What is Penn State’s best win this year?

The four best teams should play for the title. Uga should be in without question.
I’d buy UGA.

I do, however, like the idea of a conference champion mandate. I know it’s not the case, and I know that ship sailed. But I’d still prefer to see OU over UGA.

Why are they undisputed top 4?
Georgia is a good team but their schedule doesn’t tell me they are top 4.
Alabama is the only team I think that has clear separation.
Notre Dame and Clemson are good but they aren’t Alabama.
Georgia doesn’t have the Notre Dame win it had last season.
Georgia has an elite rushing game but I don’t think they are necessarily better than Ohio State.
I don’t like Ohio State but they have a better offense than Georgia. Georgia has a better defense.

Georgia has a much better loss than OSU.

Like, not even close.

I actually think UGa vs OU is a more legit question.

No it’s the poster who is doing what I just said. If the poster was somebody else where it wouldn’t be 4-5 posts back and forth where nothing would change I would engage. Just like I did with Celuck.
Eric is a smart in coming at me. I don’t want to waste time with him plain and simple.

Come on, buddy. We're just talking football. You're being too sensitive. I noticed some inconstancies so I politely pointed them out.

Georgia has a much better loss than OSU.

Like, not even close.

I actually think UGa vs OU is a more legit question.
Ohio State has the better win as well.
Michigan.
Plus they 9 conference games versus 8 for Georgia.
They played TCU in Texas versus Georgia Tech at home.

Georgia controls its destiny if they beat Alabama obviously but a 12-1 Ohio State belongs in over 11-2 Georgia.

Come on, buddy. We're just talking football. You're being too sensitive. I noticed some inconstancies so I politely pointed them out.
You do exactly what I said. I don’t want to waste time in a pointless debate.
Plain and simple.
With Celuck I believe what he is saying is what he believes your comment to me comes off like you want to engage me and I don’t care to bother with those type of posts they are energy wasters.

Ohio State has the better win as well.
Michigan.
Plus they 9 conference games versus 8 for Georgia.
They played TCU in Texas versus Georgia Tech at home.

Georgia controls its destiny if they beat Alabama obviously but a 12-1 Ohio State belongs in over 11-2 Georgia.

UGA has played a better schedule than OSU. Not even close imo.

Using my eyeball test watching many many games and disregarding the conference championship games, which should have no bearing on the selection of the 4 playoff teams, the 4 best teams are:

Alabama
Clemson
ND
Georgia

UGA has played a better schedule than OSU. Not even close imo.
Georgia nonconference schedule
Austin Peay
Middle Tennessee
UMass
Georgia Tech
All at home

Conference schedule
At South Carolina
At Missouri
At LSU
At Kentucky
Florida-N
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Auburn

vs.
Non conference
Oregon State
Tulane
TCU- Dallas
Conference schedule
Rutgers
At Penn State
Minnesota
Indiana
At Purdue
At Michigan State
Nebraska
At Maryland
Michigan

I think the schedules are pretty close.
Georgia has played better defensively that is undisputed I think Haskins gives Ohio State the better offense.
I don’t think Georgia’s schedule is better. They are pretty even to me.
Ohio State played 11 P5 teams.
Georgia played 9 P5 teams.
Take out Rutgers it’s still 10 v. 9.

Georgia nonconference schedule
Austin Peay
Middle Tennessee
UMass
Georgia Tech
All at home

Conference schedule
At South Carolina
At Missouri
At LSU
At Kentucky
Florida-N
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Auburn

vs.
Non conference
Oregon State
Tulane
TCU- Dallas
Conference schedule
Rutgers
At Penn State
Minnesota
Indiana
At Purdue
At Michigan State
Nebraska
At Maryland
Michigan

I think the schedules are pretty close.
Georgia has played better defensively that is undisputed I think Haskins gives Ohio State the better offense.
I don’t think Georgia’s schedule is better. They are pretty even to me.
Ohio State played 11 P5 teams.
Georgia played 9 P5 teams.
Take out Rutgers it’s still 10 v. 9.

lol those are not close

Using my eyeball test watching many many games and disregarding the conference championship games, which should have no bearing on the selection of the 4 playoff teams, the 4 best teams are:

Alabama
Clemson
ND
Georgia
I think Georgia belongs in now but if they lose to Alabama they don’t deserve to make the playoffs.
If they do make it would be great because only 2 P5 conferences would be in the playoffs and that could cause changes. That would be good.

lol those are not close

Yeah I don't see it being close either. Two main points: it comes down to whether you think one conference (SEC or B1G) is better than the other. Unless you're watching the game with your seeing eye dog I don't think that answer is much in doubt. Secondly, UGA crushed everybody they played other than LSU. All of their Ws were comfortable double digit wins. No nail biters to speak of.

lol those are not close
Georgia nonconference schedule is a joke.
Ohio State atleast tried to challenge themselves with TCU.
You must think highly of Missouri and South Carolina.
I don’t. They are decent teams but not much better than Purdue or Michigan State.
I think LSU in the afternoon and Penn State in a white out are crazy hard venues.
Michigan vs. Florida I would say Michigan is harder.
At Kentucky is harder than Ohio State’s second hardest road game.

The SEC West is a lot better than the SEC East. I don’t think Georgia’s schedule is that great.
Georgia went 1–1 against the West.

I don’t. They are decent teams but not much better than Purdue or Michigan State.
I think LSU in the afternoon and Penn State in a white out are crazy hard venues.

The SEC West is a lot better than the SEC East. I don’t think Georgia’s schedule is that great.

What about Auburn? And Gtech is just as good as TCU.

Alabama
Clemson
ND
Georgia

On a neutral field, gun to my head, I would take Oklahoma to beat ND. I know their defense is soft but the way they can light the scoreboard up is just insane.

What about Auburn? And Gtech is just as good as TCU.
Auburn is one of the biggest duds this year in college football.
They went 7-5 they lost to Tennessee at home. Their offense was Big Ten esque. Minnesota is the equivalent for Ohio State this year.
I am not high on all the SEC.
Alabama, Georgia top 5 teams
LSU top 10
Florida and Kentucky should be 15-20.
Texas A&M and Mississippi State top 21-25
That is it for me. 7 top 25 teams makes them the best.
I think Georgia has been more dominant and deserves to be above Ohio State this year but my point is Ohio State and Oklahoma belong in the playoff over Georgia if the Bama Beats Georgia.
Unless it’s a really tight game and Ohio State/Oklahoma struggle and win.

I want chaos so if 2 SEC teams, Clemson and Notre Dame make it that is great.

Last edited:

I’m not sure why persist in hyping a neutral site win over a 6-6 team.

“Trying to challenge themselves” isn’t going to cut it. TCU was a mediocre team.

UGa beat seven teams with winning records, three on the road.

OSU beat three, two on the road.

Ohio State May have the best win, but they have fewer good wins and a pretty bad loss.

I’m not sure why persist in hyping a neutral site win over a 6-6 team.

“Trying to challenge themselves” isn’t going to cut it. TCU was a mediocre team.

UGa beat seven teams with winning records, three on the road.

OSU beat three, two on the road.

Ohio State May have the best win, but they have fewer good wins and a pretty bad loss.
Right now I think Georgia belongs ahead of them. I just think you only control your nonconference schedule the conference schedule is set.
That is why I gave them credit for playing TCU in Dallas.
They ended up flopping so factors in.
Georgia plays Notre Dame next year that will help them next year for these arguments.
Georgia belongs in at 12-1 I just can’t personally say their resume would be top 4 if they lose this week.
They might be better than Ohio State and Oklahoma but I can’t put Georgia in the playoffs at 11-2. I would laugh if it happened but wouldn’t vote for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom