They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

Probably too many obstacles but what about just postponing and resume in May when/if the dust settles?

If the NCAA tourny is postponed, would the conference tournies postpone also? I mean why not? Also it defeats the point to do this as the damage of having all the fans, media, etc travel and stay in lodging could spread things just as easily. what a clusterf**k

It might still be around but even if there’s no vaccine that’s plenty of time to get our ducks in a row so we can handle the extra cases.
Maybe some antivirals will be ready for the high risk folks, but the rest of us will just have to suffer like normal flu. I expect this will end up being no more deadly than seasonal flu in the end. Actually, seasonal flu has been pretty bad this year. 20,000 deaths in the US alone. 600,000 hospitalizations. In the 2017-18 flus season there were 80,000 deaths in the US. We still lived our lives. Just saying.

If the NCAA tourny is postponed, would the conference tournies postpone also? I mean why not? Also it defeats the point to do this as the damage of having all the fans, media, etc travel and stay in lodging could spread things just as easily. what a clusterf**k
They’ve already announced that FSU is representing the ACC as champs. Sounds like there is no intention to finish this tournament.

They’ve already announced that FSU is representing the ACC as champs. Sounds like there is no intention to finish this tournament.
It’s over. No tournament

I think this is all a moot point anyways. I see no way that the NCAA tournament happens. No one is going to play. So in a way, if there was a year not to make it..

Makes Swofford look pretty stupid, for having a press conference earlier claiming that all data had been considered and that the decision was made to play.
Same guy who shows Bojangles and food Lion ads to viewers who have never been within a hundred miles of either

Glad we are in this conference but for the amount of money involved, it's just so mickey mouse

Maybe some antivirals will be ready for the high risk folks, but the rest of us will just have to suffer like normal flu. I expect this will end up being no more deadly than seasonal flu in the end. Actually, seasonal flu has been pretty bad this year. 20,000 deaths in the US alone. 600,000 hospitalizations. In the 2017-18 flus season there were 80,000 deaths in the US. We still lived our lives. Just saying.

K

Jay Bilas said that there were players on the teams that didn't want to play. That does it for me. if they dont' want to play, they shouldn't have to.
I can almost guarantee you that our guys wanted to compete. Sure, it’s easy for Duke, Louisville, and FSU to say they don’t want to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom