They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

We literally did what Georgia Tech did in 2015. We self imposed a postseason halfway thru the season before the Senior on the team Rak Christmas could have transferred anywhere without penalty like NCAA rules allow.

We missed the ACCT and the penalty ended. We were a bubble team when we imposed and weren't likely getting in.
Georgia Tech would have played in the ACCT if they didn't accept their penalty.

They suffered their penalty. Now they are lucky the season ended when it did but Georgia Tech got lucky and now that penalty is over.
But we had the opportunity to make the ACC tournament, win it, and play in the NCAA had we not self imposed just, like every other team. We just sucked. Georgia Tech has the exact same fate as every other team. I think there is a difference. It's fine if you don't.

Can someone broadcast the 7 OT game tonight or tomorrow. I need a fix.

11pm ESPNU has the 6 OT game.
A neighbor from Canada told me that years ago when the NHL was on strike up there they broadcast classic games and the ratings were actually better than the live games. People were so hungry for sports entertainment that they were pretty happy to watch some great games of the past.

Watching the 6OT game. I really wish ESPN would bring back that Championship Week Music. It enhances the drama of the game.

A neighbor from Canada told me that years ago when the NHL was on strike up there they broadcast classic games and the ratings were actually better than the live games. People were so hungry for sports entertainment that they were pretty happy to watch some great games of the past.

I have a buddy that doesn’t follow sports much and ONLY watches ESPN Classic. His logic is flawless - says the games are always great.

Was thinking it would be cool if the board had a daily "Classic SU tourney game" thread since there's no tournament this year. Someone can post the full game (if it's available or just the highlights/ending), the box score, and posters can share their own memories of the game in the thread.

Can someone broadcast the 7 OT game tonight or tomorrow. I need a fix.
When it was on the other night, before everything was cancelled, I watched through the 3rd OT. It felt just like 11 years ago.

ESPN has been playing these old games without jumping forward. It seems like they're even taking commercial breaks at the same times as they did originally. It's almost like watching them live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom