They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

Seriously. I still think the death toll will be far less than from influenza.
yep. 20,000 americans have died from influenza so far this flu season. in the very bad 2017-18 season, that number topped 80k

not to say covid19 is not serious, but to provide perspective

Goodman is obsessed with getting all the games cancelled. Which is a good opinion but he is being defensive on Twitter.

wonder if the location of these tournaments plays into the decision. All of these are being played in major metro areas. I dont have much faith though that the ACC wont follow suit.

My brother is training for the Boston Marathon it’s getting pushed to the Fall he just texted me.

The problem is that the asymptomatic can spread it widely without realizing they're doing so. The mortality rate is not Ebola high but it's not unsubstantial either. And when you don't have a public health system that covers all, then there will be millions of poor people and illegals that will get it and spread it. The poor are also the ones that can't stay home for two weeks and just ride it out. Those who go to the doctor, and then probably to the emergency room, only when they're in dire straits may spread it to hundreds of people.

The mortality rate is between 2-3%, nearly 15% for people above 70. Of course, the better the health system and precautionary measures taken, the lower the death rate. But let's be optimistic and say we'll have a mortality rate of 2% here. Let's say just 10% of the population contracts the virus. That works out to about 660,000 deaths.
fatality rate is skewed by china & italy. other nations are not seeing those levels, for whatever reason(s)

My brother is training for the Boston Marathon it’s getting pushed to the Fall he just texted me.

not finalized but looking like it. They may create a state holiday for it.

If the Big East tips and we don’t I’m putting the final nail in the coffin for the ACC in trueblue’s world

fatality rate is skewed by china & italy. other nations are not seeing those levels, for whatever reason(s)
Our stats are lower because we aren’t testing people here at a high rate.
our government doesn’t have the testing kits ready.
Thank god the Cleveland clinic this morning just announced they created a test they can mass produce that will test the coronavirus in a matter of hours.

If we had people tested at a higher rate our cases would be a lot higher.

Well the Big East is playing.

And MSG sits on top of one of the giant American petri dishes.

Greensboro, well, not so much.

Will be an interesting 30 minutes ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom