They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

SWC75

Bored Historian
Matt Park says there's increasing buzz about that after the NBA's action.

"The world is changing right in front of us".

I think it’s sort of reactionary . The reason to cancel games is to prevent large gatherings of people .. playing the games without fans serves that purpose .. beyond that .. it’s just not really helpful .., these people have to be somewhere

Would not be shocked, seeing what's going on with Nebraska. I'm expecting NCAA to be cancelled before selections.

I think they let it keep going, unless a player is found to have C-19. But that increases the risk of forfeitures if any player is found.

But the Big10 could have a problem given Fred Hoiberg. Hopefully his illness was not related to C-19.

Do all the teams have private chartered planes? The last place i would want to be during this is on a commercial plane where there is a higher likelihood of being exposed.

Let me give you two scenarios -- which do you prefer?

1. The NCAA cancels the NCAA Tournaemnt.
2. THE NCAA selects a committee to pick four teams to participate in the final four. The four teams can take adequate self quarantine procedures over the next 2 weeks, and they can then play as planned on final 4 weekend.

2. THE NCAA selects a committee to pick four teams to participate in the final four. The four teams can take adequate self quarantine procedures over the next 2 weeks, and they can then play as planned on final 4 weekend.

2 would just feel too cheap. Nobody would ever respect that chip.

Is there some rule that the tourney can’t be played in May or something? Suspend it for a few weeks and see what happens and if things get better, then game on?

No. 1. Both are sh%tty but the second option would be sh%ttier. Just shut it all down, everyone hibernate for two weeks, and then get back to living.

I like #2 if they pick us. ;)

Seriously, that would parallel football. We may be back to the old time college football days where a poll determined the national champion. Heck of season to do it that way.

Here's a question for folks. What if you put big money down on a team to win the tourney and the tourney is cancelled? Is this what they call force majeure?

Give all the teams a chance to opt in or out

Then take the first 64 that opt in .. have them sign waivers .. and then hold the tourney on a Norwegian Atlantic cruise ship ... that way whatever happens on that ship stays there .. and you’re only there if you Consented ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom